Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vinhsta

John Henson 2012-2013 Season Outlook

127 posts in this topic

Dalembert, Udoh, Sanders, and now Henson. Why bother? Skiles has shown no loyalty to any player on this roster outside of Ellis, Jennings, and Dunleavy.

1 person likes this

With Ilyasova playing this way it makes sense to think warmly about this cat. Hell of an outing tonight and he impressed in summer league. Yet still too crowdy to expect consistency.

If Henson could somehow gain the confidence of Skiles and get 30 minutes a game; he could be a serious fantasy asset...but with Skiles at the helm plus the all the depth at his disposal, which players gets minutes on any given night is anyone's guess...

1 person likes this

Really like Henson in college and was excited about his fantasy potential until he was picked by the Bucks. If you pick him up tonight, you will drop him next week. Not because Henson can't play, but because it's Scott freaking Skiles.

1 person likes this

Is Henson a good defensive player? I wouldn't completely rule him out just cause of Skiles..having watched Ilyasova this season..he really wasn't worth giving starter minutes to and Dalembert is Dalembert.

I guess the question is whether Henson can be the best FC player on the Bucks.

Is Henson a good defensive player? I wouldn't completely rule him out just cause of Skiles..having watched Ilyasova this season..he really wasn't worth giving starter minutes to and Dalembert is Dalembert.

I guess the question is whether Henson can be the best FC player on the Bucks.

Yes, that is his wheelhouse. He is a phenomenal shot blocker.

Here are his stats from UNC

Henson has the tool to become a terrific defensive player. If he can get steady minutes, he will be near the top in blocks. I would take a chance on him in deep league only because

1)They just paid Ilyasova $40 million so he will not get benched, the GM will not allow it

2)Sanders has been playing great and was ejected from this game

3)One of their better defensive SF/PF is close to coming back in Luc Richard Mbah a Moute

4)Skiles is one of if not the worst fantasy coached of all time

If Henson could somehow gain the confidence of Skiles and get 30 minutes a game; he could be a serious fantasy asset

Also, if those whacky Jews & Muslims can stop fighting and bond over their love of hummus, Israel would be a great place to visit. Translation, a rookie getting a consistent 30 min/g at MIL's most crowded position is going to take a minor miracle.

He's had 3 total games with ok playing time, here's the stats:

Game 1 - 17min, 1/5 FG, 1/4 FT, 0/0 3PM, 3PTS, 3REB, 1AST, 1STL, 1BLK, 1TO, 3 Fouls

Game 2 - 17min, 3/7 FG, 0/0 FT, 0/1 3PM, 6PTS, 3REB, 0AST, 0STL, 1BLK, 1TO, 3 Fouls

Game 3 - 27min, 7/12FG, 3/4FT, 0/0 3PM, 17PTS, 18REB, 0AST, 0STL, 0BLK, 2TO, 4 Fouls

My take on this is that the guy seems to have some potential, but is pretty foul prone (as are most defensive minded bigs in today's NBA) and also his 3rd game was a bit of an outlier. Just look at Valanciunas, who many agree is one of the most gifted young C's to come into the league in awhile and even his #'s are barely roster-able at this point (w/o taking into account potential) and he's getting starter minutes. Henson is a guy who has basically 5 or 6 guys competing with him for PT with a coach who doesn't like playing rookies or anyone consistently for that matter. He also has Illyasova, who barring a major miracle is going to get up to 30 min/g at some point, never mind the other guys on this roster who can play PF/C (Dalembert, Udoh, Sanders, Mbah A Moute - not to mention Gooden & Pryzbilla who could gain favor with bipolar Skiles at any time). My 2 cents on this, is that unless you are in a 16+ team league, there are better guys to take a flier on. I've been wrong before but I'm usually good with rookie predictions (drafted Lillard, Davis, & Barnes in all my leagues this year alone).

more minutes for henson probably means he'll see the court every game, rather than riding the bench until someone get into foul trouble, injured, ejected. certainly it does not mean he's gonna suddenly get 25+ mpg.

who do they have at their 4/5 now? ilyasova, henson, udoh, sanders, dalembert, and even pryzbilla!? it's just gonna be a fantasy value-killing timeshare.

hes basically a Larry Sanders clone....like people have said there is just too much people in the frontcourt for him to hold any value. He may play 20 minutes one game and 3 minutes the next.

For being a crazy coach he sure knows how to get his players defensive stats. Looking Charlie V he made him look good which seems impossible. Henson on anyone but the Bucks or SacTown would be a must own player after the other night.

2 fouls after 5 min..already 7 points though

meh..considering Skiles, I think I'll pass for now

So I wonder if he'll stick with the starting lineup or get benched again next game. Sanders only 7 mins so far with only 1 foul.