Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Timmah!

Week 5 Waiver Wire Touts

33 posts in this topic

Lavoy Allen. New starting C in Philly, 2nd year player good for some blks. And Bynum's prognosis isn't going to be good. Why? I don't see how if your knees are "different" than when they were before you went bowling, how your timetable could be better. In fact, I smell surgery.

2 people like this

Markieff Morris - he is starting on the Suns lineup but don't like the idea on Scola on the bench.

Andrew Bogut - targeting December 1 to return. We know what he can produce if he is healthy.

Aaron Brooks - if you need pts and 3's and he is averaging 30mins+ in the last 2 or 3 games.

First and foremost, can we have these trade questions deleted from threads like this and repeat offenders warned.

With that said, there are quite a few intriguing prospects hanging around most waiver wires at the moment. While many of these guys will need consistent playing time to have a lasting impact, all of them are guys you should have your eye on this week if they can continue to produce:

Jeffrey Taylor - team's a mess, playing time is there for those who earn it

Martell Webster - same spiel as Taylor

Meyers Leonard - Aldridge is having back problems and Hickson has done nothing to solidify his job

Jamaal Tinsley - if Moe Williams' injury woes keep him out, Tinsley has proved more than capable

Antawn Jamison - looking mighty fine in the new Lakers system

PJ Tucker - this guy hustles like nobodies business and coaches tend to give playing time to these types (mini Kenneth Farried)

Tyler Zeller - Tristan Thompson has not looked like a 4th pick so far and Zeller could easily push him for minutes

Devin Harris - has played well over the past week and has proven in the past to be a useful fantasy commodity

2 people like this

Zeller is worth a look in deeper leagues. 26 mins over the past few games. Got a season high 30 mins, putting up 13/9. Beno Udrih may be worth a look (deep lgs) if Jennings misses time.

Meyers Leonard - Aldridge is having back problems and Hickson has done nothing to solidify his job

Hickson's averaging a double double on the season.

Yea I don't understand the hate Hickson is getting from various people. He's putting up a double-double with solid fg%. You can do a lot worse in terms of a Big at this point. Especially with Aldridge maybe having some issues, Leonard is solid but he gets into foul trouble a lot and it's gonna take him a year or so before he becomes good, and I do think he'll be really good maybe next year.

Thoughts on Terrence Ross in deep leagues? Fields is still down and McGuire isn't that good.

I picked em up for Wednesday's game vs his former team in Portland, players usually play well in those games and wiz need a win bad ..

Martell Webster --> increasing number of minutes based on the past 4 games.

I don't think Markieff counts anymore since we covered that last week.

1) Tinsley has been pretty solid so far in place of Mo Will and I think he can be decent considering Mo Will's injury history.

2) Billups looks like he'll be back soon just like Rubio (fingers crossed for anyone who doesn't have them yet) but I'm still leery about his FG%.

3) Ross surprised me with the amount of minutes he was handed & the number of shots he took/made.

Out of those 3, I like Billups the most considering he was still giving around 4th round value last year before he went down.

What you guys think of Jeff Taylor? I know Henderson's return might kill Jeff's value...but maybe Jeff will still get 28-30 minutes. Coach likes his defense. 2 steals per game is huge from the waiver.

Henderson's return WILL kill Taylor's value for sure, 28-30 minutes on a consistent basis is extremely optimistic. Than again, who knows when Henderson's getting back so depending on the matchup I'd might roll the dice on him.

I agree blatche should be picked up... very good potential for those 2 games that lopez is out, and beyond that if humphries is to serve more suspensions..