Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Go  Texans Go

Rockets PG Situation

Anyone know the Starter for HOU? Here are the choices:

1. Mike James

2. Steve Francis

3. Rafer Alston

4. Aaron Brooks

I know but even I am stumped. On one hand I think Steve Francis mite be back like he was 4 years ago and will be great. On the other hand Mike James is a great shooter, On the 3rd hand Rafer has expierince w/ this team! personally i like Stevey Franchise here!

I know but even I am stumped. On one hand I think Steve Francis mite be back like he was 4 years ago and will be great. On the other hand Mike James is a great shooter, On the 3rd hand Rafer has expierince w/ this team! personally i like Stevey Franchise here!

you lose!

I also like Francis although i think they will all kill each other's value. No one will play true starter minutes

I'm betting Mike James is the starter. Rafer doesn't possess all the tools necessary to be an effective point guard. He is too inconsistent and turns the ball over.

Steve Francis will probably be a tweener guard, spelling James and McGrady depending on the matchups. I don't think Aaron Brooks will do much but warm the bench or play garbage time. I'm betting on James and McGrady being the primary guards most of the year. Remember, Francis is getting paid peanuts, and he's not here to be a major part of the team. People are really high on him because of what he used to be for us, but that was three years ago. He's not quite the same player, and he won't have the same impact.

He could surprise people, because Francis still has talent...but I don't see him being a key cog to the Rockets, but more of a very quality backup.

James and Franchise are the same player.. shoot first pass second.. Alston is the only "true" PG on the team. I don't see how they can't go with Alston to start off.

Get a hat and write the names on a piece of paper each..........put them in the hat and tell us who u pick.

He will be the starter.

Get a hat and write the names on a piece of paper each..........put them in the hat and tell us who u pick.

He will be the starter.

Maybe i'll tell Adelman to do that? Or maybe the Rockets will hire the Brwons Coach to do that since he is good at that!

Maybe i'll tell Adelman to do that? Or maybe the Rockets will hire the Brwons Coach to do that since he is good at that!

I was hoping u would actually do it to be honest.

they need a pass first point guard in rockets

regardless. the ball will be in tmac most of the time. and tmac will dish it to yao.

alston is the better option for 3's

james and francis doesnt fit the system well enough..

well it all depends on the coach and who will kiss his a** and please him by his playing.

regardless. the ball will be in tmac most of the time. and tmac will dish it to yao.

well it all depends on the coach and who will kiss his a** and please him by his playing.

Ur a potty mouth!

Anyone know the Starter for HOU? Here are the choices:

1. Mike James

2. Steve Francis

3. Rafer Alston

4. Aaron Brooks

we all figured to rely on you for this answer - cmon man, your the texas connection!!!

I also like Francis although i think they will all kill each other's value. No one will play true starter minutes

ding ding ding!!!!

the FUNTRUCK has arrived!!!!!!!

FunTruck.gif

we all figured to rely on you for this answer - cmon man, your the texas connection!!!

Thats exactly what I was sayin. Of all the people to start this thread hes the last guy Id figure.

I'm betting Mike James is the starter. Rafer doesn't possess all the tools necessary to be an effective point guard. He is too inconsistent and turns the ball over.

Steve Francis will probably be a tweener guard, spelling James and McGrady depending on the matchups. I don't think Aaron Brooks will do much but warm the bench or play garbage time. I'm betting on James and McGrady being the primary guards most of the year. Remember, Francis is getting paid peanuts, and he's not here to be a major part of the team. People are really high on him because of what he used to be for us, but that was three years ago. He's not quite the same player, and he won't have the same impact.

He could surprise people, because Francis still has talent...but I don't see him being a key cog to the Rockets, but more of a very quality backup.

i like this guy's thinking. i agree with everything, except for the part that says francis still has talent.

Well the Rockets threw out their first team against the Mavs second team tonight, lol.. and it had Alston starting at the point, but James getting most of the minutes. I don't know if this says anything about the season but Scola also did not start..