Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

burnside

Young Centers

So what about Dalembert, how injured is he? I heard stress fracture in his foot. Will that linger into the season, or be resolved by opening day? What sort of role does he have in PHI now that Iverson is gone? Guess I was thinking Iggy and him were the new franchise corner stones. Any predictions on his stat line for this season?

I am also interested in what you all think of Al Jefferson, is he for real and will he be able to live up to the expectations? He obviously won't be able to fill Kevin Garnett's shoes, but what does his line look like?

Feel free to post about any centers you want, young or not, current or past. I am most interested in young current guys, but anything that you all want to continue the post and promote discussion.

So what about Dalembert, how injured is he? I heard stress fracture in his foot. Will that linger into the season, or be resolved by opening day? What sort of role does he have in PHI now that Iverson is gone? Guess I was thinking Iggy and him were the new franchise corner stones. Any predictions on his stat line for this season?

I am also interested in what you all think of Al Jefferson, is he for real and will he be able to live up to the expectations? He obviously won't be able to fill Kevin Garnett's shoes, but what does his line look like?

Feel free to post about any centers you want, young or not, current or past. I am most interested in young current guys, but anything that you all want to continue the post and promote discussion.

Al Jefferson is for real. He was amazing last year and looks to be even better this year. He'll be a potential first - second round pick in 2008-2009 fantasy. Especially in MIN he is going to be the go to guy, other than Ricky Davis there aren't really that many scorers on the team.

I was so close to stretching for him with the 27th pick, because I knew I wouldn't get another pick for awhile being the 1st overall pick, someone on this board talked me out of it and I didn't draft him (Granted I got Kidd 26th! and Smoove 27th) but still I regret it. He got taken 36th overall and is well worth it. I have him in almost all my other leagues though.

Al Jefferson will easily average a double-double this season, 15pts 11reb per game.

Diop is on his way up if you are looking for rebounds and blocks, Damp is expected to be out longer than expected.

Dalembert is still a pretty good center, just needs to get healthy.

A.Bynum will be a beast on the boards and blocks this season, I guarantee!!

K.Perkins, even though Garnett will be in Boston.. It'll open up the inside for Perkins with double teams on Garnett. Perkins will score and rebound.

A.Bogut is underrated this year.. He averaged close to 13pts and 9reb a game last year, I see his production going up this year.

A.Horford has to be the starting C for the Hawks, this kid has skill and if he does start, will definitely put up good numbers.

T.Chandler still pretty young and is a beast on the boards, not much of a scorer but can definitely help you on Rebs and Blocks.

JUST MY OPINION!! B)

I like Bargnani as a center this year. I think he will be similar to Okur but with slightly better numbers across the board. You also can get him a couple rounds after Okur as well. He's the #2 center I'm targeting in most of my drafts.

I wouldn't touch dalembert...remember Pierce had the same injury last year - you just don't know when it will get worse and force him to miss multiple number of games.

im pretty big on dalembert, hes pretty officient on offense, around 15 and 10 with good %s and 2.5 blks a night is his ceiling

blocks withstanding, nick collison could quietly be an effective option again this season.

Bargs will not be better than okur this season, im a raps fan in t.o and i think okurs game is bargs' fantasy ceiling.

big al will be around 17.5 and 11 this season = zbo + blocks = top 35 player

channing frye is a pilon, so a healthy pryzbilia is a lock for 500% 10 10 and 2, apparently hes worked on his freethrows

dwight howard has made some pretty big improvements to his free throw shooting

the clips have little choice but to feed the ball to kaman this season

Andrew Bynum will start and be close to a double double for AVG!

Channing Frye will start and be decent for a late pick

A.Bargnani is center eligible in Yahoo (also SF and PF) and will give you 3's in an unlikely position.

T.Chandler is not seen as one of the Top echelon centers but was 2nd in REB last season so is a great pick after the better know centers are gone...

grab Chris Kaman if availabe in mid to late rounds with Brand out.

Andrew Bynum will start and be close to a double double for AVG!

Channing Frye will start and be decent for a late pick

A.Bargnani is center eligible in Yahoo (also SF and PF) and will give you 3's in an unlikely position.

T.Chandler is not seen as on of the Top echelon centers but was 2nd in REB last season so is a great pick after the better know centers are gone...

grab Cris Kaman if availabe in mid to late rounds with Brand out.

where'd you hear that frye will start? i heard he's already on the trading block. LoL. poor guy.

Glad to see someone gave some love to the Vanilla Gorilla. I think Pryzbilla could really be a nice surprise. He was always a sleeper favorite but two years ago Ratliff ate into his time and last year he was hurt and Magloire was lurking.

I think Magloire is a little under rated this season. Everyone who plays with Jkidd plays better than you expect. i also agree that Bogut could be a little undervalued this year. By the end of last season he was really starting to put up some respectable numbers and he is young so it's reasonable to expect that he will get better. His role is solid and he has little competition. I think he could end up being a real steal.

The Pryz is also a dark horse. Perkins is a tough one. I like his game and he owns his position. I just wish there was an example of a center who played next to KG that ever had any fantasy (or NBA) value. I know most of them (all) sucked, but, but I'd feel better if someone had a decent season or two.

I really liked Dalembert for this season. Was projected as a double double with around 2 bpg. Problem for me is that he has this stress fracture in his foot. Seemed to be healing well until this past week. If he is going to be back to form by season start then I am all over him, but if this is going to linger through preseason and the season then I need to avoid him. Who is a comparable player (value wise, doesn't have to be a center)? Thanks

I really liked Dalembert for this season. Was projected as a double double with around 2 bpg. Problem for me is that he has this stress fracture in his foot. Seemed to be healing well until this past week. If he is going to be back to form by season start then I am all over him, but if this is going to linger through preseason and the season then I need to avoid him. Who is a comparable player (value wise, doesn't have to be a center)? Thanks

I think you have nailed why he is hard to value. The big issue there is that there aren't really a ton of bigs that are similar value to a healthy Dalembert. They are either higher or lower. Right now I have him at 68 which is right were he is going on Yahoo. That said, I doubt I would actually take him there. Aldridge seems to be going around then in Yahoo, but I think that shows how behind the average Yahoo player is. I can't imagine him lasting past 50.

Maybe Ben Wallace although, I am not a huge fan and might take Dalembert ahead of him even with the injury risk.

Al Jefferson is for real. He was amazing last year and looks to be even better this year. He'll be a potential first - second round pick in 2008-2009 fantasy. Especially in MIN he is going to be the go to guy, other than Ricky Davis there aren't really that many scorers on the team.

I was so close to stretching for him with the 27th pick, because I knew I wouldn't get another pick for awhile being the 1st overall pick, someone on this board talked me out of it and I didn't draft him (Granted I got Kidd 26th! and Smoove 27th) but still I regret it. He got taken 36th overall and is well worth it. I have him in almost all my other leagues though.

Snap you drafted Sam Perkins 27th overall!

NICE.

I just finished my second draft this season and I have to say, there are a ton of good young bigs. At the top of the draft there is Yao, Howard, Jefferson. Mid draft, Aldridge, Boozer, Okafor. Later in the draft they are everywhere. Bynum, Maxiel, Bargnani, Scola, Bogut.

I'd actually say its a pretty deep position comparatively.

I agree, same old guys but a lot more people seem to have center eligibility this season...makes drafting bigs easier and gives more flexibility to move someone from PF to F to C if needed.

Any thoughts who I could deal Dalembert for, doesn't have to be another center, preferably a guard actually.

Pachulia was shut down for the rest of the preseason, look for Horford late in your draft, this kid is gonna rock. I am also bullish on Troy Murphy this year, despite the fact that he will be out 1-2 weeks at the start of the season.

Anyone feeling good about Darko or Millsap?

Millsap will be a beast for the boards and that's about it. Darko will be a beast for the blocks and that's about it. I think Darko has a better chance of outproducing his draft position, unless there is an injury on one of the teams. Everyone said that last year too though, and he has been such a bust in the past I am steering clear for now.