Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tarheels_2433

Anthony Randolph 2012-2013 Season Outlook

39 posts in this topic

I thought I'd get this thread ready for his annual couple of weeks where he resurfaces on the fantasy landscape, tempting everyone to for all over him....again :lol:

1 person likes this

Smh..I saw this thread and immediately ran to google to find updated news on Randolph. Good memories from those past Randolph threads, though.

In all seriousness, I think we've learned. He's just not the player we thought he would be.. <_<

1 person likes this

The members of this forum who weren't around a few years ago have no idea how intense Randolph's threads were. His 2009 thread was incredible.

Anyone remember the Allen Iverson thread from his last season when he signed back on with the Sixers? That thread became very heated. That and the '09 Randolph thread stick out.

2 people like this

Smh..I saw this thread and immediately ran to google to find updated news on Randolph. Good memories from those past Randolph threads, though.

In all seriousness, I think we've learned. He's just not the player we thought he would be.. <_<

:lol: - I was going to end my post with, "How many of you were secretly excited to see this thread pop up?" ....the lure of Anthony Randolph will never die...

1 person likes this

His floor is Lamar Odom and his upside is "Magic" Johnson...he just needs playing time!

2 people like this

Looking back at Randolph's career, I'd completely forgotten about his disastrous stint with the Knicks. I remember I was excited about him being in D'Antoni's system, and then it played out in just a nightmarish fashion.

He has probably the best handle for a guy his size. Freak Athlete. Decent shot, good energy.....I dont know why he never worked out. P and R defense was pretty bad

this guy is talented...i guess he just doesnt have any basketball IQ. but anyone who owned him when Love went down in March of 2011 knows that he can put up some major numbers. sorta reminds me of Andray Blatche, in a sense that he has all-star talent with no IQ behind it. he did win some fantasy championships in 2010-2011, though.

1 person likes this

Anthony Randolph sighting. He's played more minutes than all the other bigs on the Nuggets roster. I'm breathing a little harder at the moment...

1 person likes this

Ant-Rand filled up the stat sheet in limited minutes tonight.

Don't look now...seriously, don't look... :o:D

(I like how Stromile Swift was able to get a mention/tag in Randolph's RW Blurb... :lol: )

12pts 5-12 from the field.

2blks

3stls

2asts

7rebs

Anthony Randolph, what could have been.

No doubt, whenever he gets minutes, his stat sheet will be filled. Whether it's with missed shots and turnovers, or stls/blks/ and rebounds.

Woe is me for even going to BBM and looking at this guy's line for the last few games. I know it's wrong, but...I'm about to go do it.

Woe is me for even going to BBM and looking at this guy's line for the last few games. I know it's wrong, but...I'm about to go do it.

I don't think he's even played. I was surprised to see him check in today, but I guess with Gallo, Iggy, and Chandler out, minutes opened up.

I think he's a very interesting project. I think a team should try to trade for him. He's a high risk low reward type of guy. Teams like the Heats/Spurs/Bobcats should throw a 2nd rounder for this guy. You never know.

The thing is he's only 23. Too bad he can't get his head on straight and figure out how to play the right way....

George Karl must have a field day with Randolph and McGee, pulling out the remaining hair on his head whenever they hit the court.

The thing is he's only 23. Too bad he can't get his head on straight and figure out how to play the right way....

George Karl must have a field day with Randolph and McGee, pulling out the remaining hair on his head whenever they hit the court.

Yeah, I get he's only 23, but he's been in the league for how many years now? Very little maturation in his game to this point. I just doubt he'll ever truly get it. Even in this game, from some of the highlights, he seemed like his usual, reckless, self.

But his real life, and fantasy, potential still keep me interested in him.

I think he's a very interesting project. I think a team should try to trade for him.

do you realize that this is already his 4th team in 6 years, right ?

To anyone debating picking him up...don't torture yourselves like that.

qpGn953.png

1 person likes this

16 points, 7 rebounds, 2 assists, 3 steals, 2 blocks.

Fantasy MVP in the 2nd half of the season...CHAMPIONSHIIIIIP

I think he's a very interesting project. I think a team should try to trade for him.

He's young. There's many players that bounced around and became an all-star/starter. It only takes one team that can use him to his talents and unleash him for him to become a monster. He needs to go to a veteran team and learn and mature. For example, that Spurs/Knicks/Clippers/Heats/Celtics/Bulls. Look at Nate Robinson, he was such a knucklehead and has been with 5 teams in the last 2 teams and he's having one of his best seasons this year with a veteran team like the Bulls. Look at Matt Barnes, he's been with god knows how many teams but now he's in a veteran team like the Clippers and having a career year.

He's young. There's many players that bounced around and became an all-star/starter. It only takes one team that can use him to his talents and unleash him for him to become a monster. He needs to go to a veteran team and learn and mature. For example, that Spurs/Knicks/Clippers/Heats/Celtics/Bulls. Look at Nate Robinson, he was such a knucklehead and has been with 5 teams in the last 2 teams and he's having one of his best seasons this year with a veteran team like the Bulls. Look at Matt Barnes, he's been with god knows how many teams but now he's in a veteran team like the Clippers and having a career year.

Sigh.. I still believe in Randolph. I was such a huge supporter. I'll give him this much, compared to players like McGee and Tyrus Thomas, he tries really hard everytime he gets playing time. Unfortunately, it's the reason why coaches hesitate to leave him on the court. He's just so hyperactive and over eager. It'd have to take a really bad team to allow him to fully develop on the court. But, like Tarheels mentioned, he is only 23. I'll continue to keep him in my prayers.