Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EsTiLO

Tiago Splitter 2012-2013 Season Outlook

161 posts in this topic

Sjax is out and so is Kahwi yet Splitter can't play atleast 30 minutes? Are they trying to keep his value low so other teams don't poney up for him after the season?

He can't play the 3, so he is still stuck behind Duncan and Diaw/fighting with Blair and Bonner for minutes. Unless one of the Spurs bigs goes out, he will be under 30 min a game for most of the season.

Not really consistent and but the knock on him for a while is he doesn't really play with a lot of effort. I've always thought the talent was there though

Tiago has been putting up great numbers in limited minutes. I don't get a chance to catch many Spurs games so I went on some spurs message boards and they all see a difference in Tiago's game this year. Playing much more physical and has been great on the defensive end. Everyone raves about Tiago's pick and roll game this year.

Pop had some high praise for Tiago prior to the season starting. Said something along the lines of the NBA will see the real Tiago Splitter this year, the Euroleague MVP Splitter will show up this year.

I'd love to see Splitter get full time minutes but i can't see that happening. Seems like Pop really doesn't like playing Duncan and Splitter at the same time. Only way Splitter get full time minutes is if Duncan goes down with injury. I do suspect his minutes will rise slightly as the season rolls along and Duncan's minutes get limited by Pop.

Sucks for Splitter that he can't get big minutes in a contract year, but i'm sure some team will pony up some good money because he's a pretty legit big man.

I would love to hear some spurs fans take on Splitter this year.

Spurs To Increase Usage Of Duncan-Splitter Combo

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/225032/Spurs_To_Increase_Usage_Of_Duncan_Splitter_Combo

Tiago has scored in double digit points in 6 straight games. His FT% is also much improved dispite going only 4-8 last game. Tiago played 29 minutes last game and put up a very servicable 12 points, 7 rebounds, 3 assists, and a steal.

If you play in a deeper league and need a big man, I think Tiago is a great pick up if he can carve out 25-30 minutes a game.

1 person likes this

Spurs To Increase Usage Of Duncan-Splitter Combo

http://basketball.re..._Splitter_Combo

Tiago has scored in double digit points in 6 straight games. His FT% is also much improved dispite going only 4-8 last game. Tiago played 29 minutes last game and put up a very servicable 12 points, 7 rebounds, 3 assists, and a steal.

If you play in a deeper league and need a big man, I think Tiago is a great pick up if he can carve out 25-30 minutes a game.

Thanks for posting the article!! Splitter is definitely a solid player, especially when he is motivated. The only thing his game is lacking (compared to other guys his size in the league) is rebounding. I know he puts up ok rebounding #'s occasionally but they're usually on the lower side, which I'm just mentioning as a caveat for those who are thinking about adding him. On the other hand though his FG% is very good and his defensive is pretty solid as well. I think this information makes him a must own in 14+ and someone to watch in 12 teamers.

2 people like this

Splitter started the game tonight with Duncan. Wasn't based on match up need like going against a big front court like the Grizz or Lakers (when healthy). Coach Pop actually started Splitter with Duncan against an undersized front court of KG and Bass which is a great sign IMO.

28 minutes: 16 points on 6/10 shooting, 8 rebounds, 4 assists, and a block. Never know with Pop's rotations, but I think he's just about done with Blair (0 minutes) so 28 minutes should be the norm for Splitter.

I'm pretty excited about Splitter long term prospects of avg around 28 minutes a game, plus it could go up with the fact that Duncan will have some DNP's and some limited minutes games.

1 person likes this

wow this guy could become a very good add. he is very efficient just needs the minutes

wow this guy could become a very good add. he is very efficient just needs the minutes

+1

I've always liked him but did not like his playing time. In Fantasy, he can be a lighter version of Ty Chandler if given minutes.

and here is your top waiver wire pick up of the week! surprised the rotoworld writers aren't picking up on this...heck if he sticks he will be one of the top wire grabs of the year!

....is this guy for real? desperate for a big man so I've added him, dont really watch Spurs game alot even tho i'm also an Duncan owner, with that said....is his starting job still in question or will he be starting from now on...

....is this guy for real? desperate for a big man so I've added him, dont really watch Spurs game alot even tho i'm also an Duncan owner, with that said....is his starting job still in question or will he be starting from now on...

http://www.48minutesofhell.com/spurs-tiago-splitter-starting

just found the article, picked him up, but we'll see how he does today :T

1 person likes this

if this guy gets minutes i have no doubts he will produce. i wanna drop favors for him but i need blks

0 minutes for blair at half looks like his only competition for PT is diaw and maybe bonnar. im liking this guy

Not sure if it's relevant, but Pop decided to keep Splitter on the bench the last quarter after Thunder was running away with the game along with Parker and Duncan. Foreshadowing a starter role next game as well?

I don't know what the hell all this commotion is about. If you guys don't remember, Splitter also started for a stretch last season, although it was starter in name only. He'd have some big games, and then randomly get his minutes pulled the very next game. This shouldn't be surprising anyone.

I don't know what the hell all this commotion is about. If you guys don't remember, Splitter also started for a stretch last season, although it was starter in name only. He'd have some big games, and then randomly get his minutes pulled the very next game. This shouldn't be surprising anyone.

its nice to do some research before stating false information. He started a whopping 2 times last year, and the 6 times the year before....I would hardly call that a "stretch." I think if Pop is committed to giving him at least 25 minutes, 11/7 should be attainable and hopefully he can get his ft% to a respectable 70%.

2 people like this