Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

krupocin

Phoenix Suns 2012-2013 Season Outlook -- 1.18.13 -- Gentry Out

108 posts in this topic

PHX has 5 assists on 48 points mid way through the 3rd quarter. I've seen a few of their games this year and it's like they're using Goran Dragic almost more as a SG most of the time. Not only that, but it seems Gentry is committed to making as many of his skilled players as unhappy as possible at the expense of dinosaurs like Jermaine O'Neal - who has been playing well - but is one more knee bump away from retirement. Also, it seems like the few wins they somehow accomplished that I caught on NBA-LP were the results of just solid individual play with no sort of teamwork or offensive (or defensive really) game plan.

Somethings gotta give, they're getting beat badly by DET and I just don't see them continuing to play this way, even though they're 7-8 they beat CLE x2, POR who have blown, CHA, DET & NO w/o Davis. Once they play some real talent they're just going to keep losing. So what I wanted to know (esp if there are any Suns fans out there) is:

1. Will they fire Gentry and/or should they??

2. Fantasy self-interest aside, who do you think they should be starting??

3. Do you think they're trying to trade any of their guys or is the constant change in starting line-up to mix it up??

4. Even with them using him terribly he's still putting up great #s but will they start using Dragic properly as a TRUE PG??

tough product to watch. Like watching paint dry..I'd rather be doing paint by numbers for building a model house out of Popsicle sticks

My response to the Suns current situation...

Double-facepalm.jpg

3 people like this

Hahaha both great replies!!

they are in rebuild mode now, or at least they should be.

Other then Dragic/Scola/Gortat, the rest of the guys on their team should be bench players. Apparently, Gortat wants out, so they'll probably ship him. They should showcase him now and get some young talent for him. If they have 3 picks in the top 25 next year, they will be a force in the future.

as of now, just put an entertaining product on the floor ala Warriors, and wait for 3 years to get some talent.

Stuckey looks a bit more assertive though. Even so, don't think that will affect Singler's rotation.

Let Drummond loose please!

He's going to be a huge liabilty on offense with his horrible FT's though.....that form, omg. It looks worse than Shaq's.

Fire Gentry, play Dragic and Gortat more. Trading Beasley wouldn't hurt although I'm sure no one wants him.

Saw only the first quarter. What happened with Dragic? 16 minutes?! Is he hurt?

watching this game made me pull out my lego collection

This really sucks. Both Brown and Beasley should not be starting, they're both shoot first guys who don't play defense and don't pass. They're not really rotation worthy on a good team and PJ Tucker or Dudley should be starting(or both). I'm not sure if Gentry will go anytime soon because their record isn't terrible yet considering the overall lack of talent there

This really sucks. Both Brown and Beasley should not be starting, they're both shoot first guys who don't play defense and don't pass. They're not really rotation worthy on a good team and PJ Tucker or Dudley should be starting(or both). I'm not sure if Gentry will go anytime soon because their record isn't terrible yet considering the overall lack of talent there

he could go if he lost controll of the team. which it seems like he has

no one from the suns team is start worthy right now.

I think Goran is. They're using him all wrong tho. He consistently puts up 15 + pts, when he gets the minutes of course...

He needs to move back to more of his pass first ways...

get outta here. Dragic is averaging 16ppg-7apg-2.1 steals-1.7 3ptm on the season. How do you figure thats not start worthy? I'd love to hear this explanation.

no one from the suns team is start worthy right now.

1 person likes this

Just when you thought things couldn't get stranger...

play_e_sunsflier1_sy_400.jpg

Next Thursday, the Phoenix Suns will be the first team in NBA history to guarantee its fans that they will have fun at the game against the Mavericks, or they can get their money back.

Link to story.

1 person likes this

dragic, gortat, markieff is the nucleus of the future for this team...theyve got a lot of talent at the spots and in time, they will gel and begin to play better ball.

the suns seem committed to giving markieff the minutes and with season, he'll begin to get the confidence he needs to tap into his tools.

i think the suns BIGGEST problem is the lack of a true SG, someone who can iso, create off the dribble and penetrate...it would make dragic' job a whole lot easier and free up the passing lanes... though........

they probably wouldnt need a great SG if beasley was on the floor less...the way i see it, its almost 3 vs 5 basketball because whoever they plug in at SG is terrible, beasley is terrible. gets the ball, shoots/misses, or makes a silly turnover...basically, having a guy like beasley on the floor magnifies the fact that their SG is also terrible

gortat, scola, slide morris over to the 3 and dragic...in my opinion, thats probably their best lineup...

Next Thursday, the Phoenix Suns will be the first team in NBA history to guarantee its fans that they will have fun at the game against the Mavericks, or they can get their money back.

Link to story.

Even if they did enjoy it, couldn't they still be jerks and get their money back by saying the opposite?

Link to story.

Even if they did enjoy it, couldn't they still be jerks and get their money back by saying the opposite?

I probably would...

Link to story.

I probably would...

I'd complain about somebody from the other team not starting.... ;)

1 person likes this