Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mmahandicapper

Flying Under The Radar 2012-2013

58 posts in this topic

For me, it's been two guys:

Joakim Noah

Brandon Jennings

Noah is ranked 16th in 9-cat and Jennings is 12th

Noah: 13.5/10/4/1.5stl/2.2 blk shooting .474 and 80% from the line

Jennings:16.5/7/3 stls 40% fg and 83% FT

Both some pretty darn good numbers.

I also have noticed Ryan Anderson is averaging 18/8 with 3.5 3's a game almost shooting 50%. I haven't owned him this year and rarely watch the Hornets so I haven't really known. But those are some damn good numbers.

Who has it been for you guys?

Tim Hardaway has been really good despite the loss of his killer crossover.

Sam Cassell always seems to get his, but he looks goofy. (Am I doing it right?)

2 people like this

jrich...as long as he stays healthy the 33+ mins will be there and his solid mid rd value..completely under the radar..

Bosh- Putting in work averaging 20 PPG.

D West- Nice surprise this year averaging 16/8.

Noah- Fantasy gold mine- 4 assists, 1.5 steals, and 2 blocks

Marc- nearly 5 assists, 52% shooting, 90% at the line from a big.

Mo Williams- averaging a career high in assts. Huge surprise this year although he's falling off recently.

Kemba-shooting a respectable 43%/80% and all around stud sans 3s.

Jason Kidd...dude is ranked in the top 20 in Yahoo (18 overall) and having one of his best and most efficient seasons in years. some1 here actually told me to drop him for Ilyasova the other day. LOL!

Jason Kidd...dude is ranked in the top 20 in Yahoo (18 overall) and having one of his best and most efficient seasons in years. some1 here actually told me to drop him for Ilyasova the other day. LOL!

o.O

Kidd is unowned in my 10 team league...

So now that Jason Kidd is going to be out for a while how do you feel about that?

Wes Matthews for me 17+ pts, 2+ stls, 2+3's, 3 rbs....I'm very happy with him...needs to step up his ft% but has a career very nice ft% so he should rebound there

So now that Jason Kidd is going to be out for a while how do you feel about that?

Him being out for a while is all speculation. As of now he's just having minor back spasms, which aren't all that surprising given his age.

For anyone who owned Brent Barry back in his day with the Sonics, Jason Kidd is essentially him. Bones Barry would finished top 40 on player rater and no one knew how. Kidd is the same way.

3 people like this

Him being out for a while is all speculation. As of now he's just having minor back spasms, which aren't all that surprising given his age.

I have a good feeling it wont be the last time he'll be out for a handful of games. I also don't think he'll sustain his current value throughout the entire season. However his fantasy performance has been under the radar, I'll agree with that.

For anyone who owned Brent Barry back in his day with the Sonics, Jason Kidd is essentially him. Bones Barry would finished top 40 on player rater and no one knew how. Kidd is the same way.

Yeah, I remember those lines Barry would put up with the Sonics. He would put up 12-4-5 kind of lines with a steal or two and a couple 3s. Nice percentages, low TOs. He was the epitome of fantasy glue guy gold.

2 people like this

Yeah, I remember those lines Barry would put up with the Sonics. He would put up 12-4-5 kind of lines with a steal or two and a couple 3s. Nice percentages, low TOs. He was the epitome of fantasy glue guy gold.

I use to put him on all my teams with Shawn Marion (before he became a huge star) and people would wonder why I won my leagues. Those were the birth years of my fantasy existance, but still my fondest memories of acquiring underrated stat stuffers to lead me to titles.

1 person likes this

I use to put him on all my teams with Shawn Marion (before he became a huge star) and people would wonder why I won my leagues. Those were the birth years of my fantasy existance, but still my fondest memories of acquiring underrated stat stuffers to lead me to titles.

Oh yeah, definitely man. Marion in Phoenix was one of the greatest fantasy players of all-time. Just a fantasy dream. A 1-1-1 guy who averaged 10+ boards, low TOs, solid percentages, and close to 20 PPG. Matrix was just an incredible fantasy player back in the day.

3 people like this

Oh yeah, definitely man. Marion in Phoenix was one of the greatest fantasy players of all-time. Just a fantasy dream. A 1-1-1 guy who averaged 10+ boards, low TOs, solid percentages, and close to 20 PPG. Matrix was just an incredible fantasy player back in the day.

I still remember my first NBA fantasy team, in 2001-2002 was my first year doing it. I got Gary Payton, Karl Malone, Shawn Marion, Penny Hardaway coming off an injury plauged year to play 80 games and do some solid stat stuffing (12 points, 4.3 boards, 4 assists, 1.5 steals, great FT's), Brent Barry, Vince Carter, Jermaine O'Neal, Terrell Brandon, Eddie Jones, Doug Christie and I am sure there are more but I am spacing now. But such a fun team to own my first year. That was the first fantasy league I ever did.