Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ChrisFarley

Wade Miley 2013 Outlook

105 posts in this topic

To be honest, I expected him to fail all season long. He never had much of a prospect status coming up thru the minors due to alot of inconsistency. He was drafted failrly high, but there wasn't much hype during his climb up the ladder. After finishing 2nd in the NL ROY of the year voting, Im wondering if this kid is legit. Posted 16 wins, 3.33 era 1.18 whip and 144 Ks in 190+ ip.

The peripherals are solid:

3.33 ERA

3.15 FIP

3.75 xFIP

3.84 SIera

What kind of season do you expect from Wade Miley?

Improvements(important) we saw from Wade Miley 2011 to 2012.

K/9: 2011- 5.63

2012- 6.66

BB/9: 2011- 4.05

2012- 1.71

He can be a quality contributor as a back end(rotation) pitcher for your fantasy baseball staff.

To be honest, I expected him to fail all season long. He never had much of a prospect status coming up thru the minors due to alot of inconsistency. He was drafted failrly high, but there wasn't much hype during his climb up the ladder. After finishing 2nd in the NL ROY of the year voting, Im wondering if this kid is legit. Posted 16 wins, 3.33 era 1.18 whip and 144 Ks in 190+ ip.

The peripherals are solid:

3.33 ERA

3.15 FIP

3.75 xFIP

3.84 SIera

What kind of season do you expect from Wade Miley?

Sub 3.75 ERA but not into elite 2's or really low 3's type of level, WHIP will be solid, probably under where the team average would need to be to win that category somwhere in the mid 1.10's, wins kinda fluky but lets say nothing under 12 or 13. K's 135-145.

Ive got him kind of in that mid-rotation (both fantasy and real) type of category. Not going to be elite, K's will never be at that level, but wont be a liability in that category either like say a Mark Buerhle used to be.

My auction cap is $130, Im thinking (depending on when he is called) low of $2-3 and high of $6-7, 8 at most.

I'm targetting him in my big league, i think he'll be affordable because he's not yet a hugely recognizable name and I feel people are still waiting for the rug to get pulled out from under him, but I think he's a solid piece for a fantasy rotation

I'm targetting him in my big league, i think he'll be affordable because he's not yet a hugely recognizable name and I feel people are still waiting for the rug to get pulled out from under him, but I think he's a solid piece for a fantasy rotation

Ya, I believe he's underrated. Doesn't carry the sex appeal of other names, but gets the job done in comparison.

he had a nice era last year. seems to go unnoticed. what are your projections. same as last year. as good or improvements. ranked lower compared to what he finished with.

Does anyone know if he is starting for certain tonight/tomorrow

Not a great matchup either way, but need to choose a 5th starter for weekend series and havent seen anything definitive

I didn't start him because someone mentioned arm problems and Milwaukee is always an iffy match-up but seems to be doing well so far. Is his arm okay or what? Good to start going forward?

Sooo looking pretty good so far. Today's line - 6.2IP/5K/2.70ERA/1.20WHIP and in line for the win.

Edit: Sorry, thought I clicked on the Zito thread.

Who's rolling him out there vs the Yanks???

Not the Yanks of old for sure, but that Dback's lineup is not much to fall back on. And against CC tonight, is the deck stacked against him???

This is a tough one for sure. Lance Lynn blew me up the other night and it's still early in the week, also last night's affair was low scoring, so I am thinking I will roll him out there.

I pondered this one as well, but I think I'm going to start him. Gardner, Cano and Hafner are all lefties, and Yankees stadium favors left-handed power. Miley has allowed one home run to a left hander in his career.

obviously homers arent the end of all things, but the stats above are enough to start him, to me.

I gotta use him especially after losing Weaver and Greinke last week. Hoping for the best.

Who's rolling him out there vs the Yanks???

Not the Yanks of old for sure, but that Dback's lineup is not much to fall back on. And against CC tonight, is the deck stacked against him???

Start your studs.

I dont understand why Girardi is going so left-heavy?

only three LH, Garner, Cano, Boesch

Boesch hit better against LHP

According to the commentators tonight, Wade Miley is good because he had to face alligators in his backyard in his home state of Louisiana.

According to the commentators tonight, Wade Miley is good because he had to face alligators in his backyard in his home state of Louisiana.

I heard that because of this, he jumped right from college to the majors.