Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dzemens

KC Chiefs Player Dead -- Tragedy in KC

150 posts in this topic

Awful situation. Regardless of one's feelings for the team, this is a tragedy on a human level. There's always multiple options open, yet taking the rashest one seems to be an ingrained proclivity of the human nature. My thoughts are with the player, his girlfriend, and their families. What a way to set the tone for some holiday cheer...

1 person likes this

Report is a Chiefs player shot his girlfriend, then killed himself.

i hope that this report is false. if not, is it possible that the game gets pushed back to a later time/date?

WIth no bye weeks left, I suspect the answer will be no to a different week (later or Sunday night/Monday game could happen, I suppose - but not another week).

And yeah, it's a terrible situation all around. Feel awful for the KC franchise & the families involved.

Strangely enough, shot his girlfriend at his house, then drove to the Chiefs facility to kill himself. I know trying to put rationale behind something like this, well is probably a lost cause, but that seems weird too me. Thankfully nobody else was harmed. Terrible, terrible situation...

Wow truly awful set of circumstances. You wonder what triggers someone to do something like this, but its impossible to understand. Thoughts and prayers go out to all those affected by this.

Some guy on ESPN started a thread saying it was Belcher, but then just copied the internet story going around that mentioned no name. So that could be a false report, as no one has actually confirmed that.

Jason LaCanfora posted this on Twitter.....

Chief LB Jovian Belcher was involved in a shooting involving at least one other person outside the team's facility today, source said...

the rumor on the chiefs forums is that it was jovan belcher

Yeah, this is spreading like wildfire. If it is him, the nadir of the tragedy is the fact they've left behind a 3 month old baby.

Strangely enough, shot his girlfriend at his house, then drove to the Chiefs facility to kill himself. I know trying to put rationale behind something like this, well is probably a lost cause, but that seems weird too me. Thankfully nobody else was harmed. Terrible, terrible situation...

According to a KC police report (can't find a link, just based on hearsay via KC forums), he shot himself in front of a couple of coaches as they were trying to talk him out of it. It looks like going to the facility was a cry for help, but even though it was heard, those who responded couldn't sway him...

Wow this story just gets worse and worse. Not sure how they play the game tomorrow. I'm thinking it will get pushed back.

And this from Danny Parkins on Twitter. I hate to be one of the Chiefs coaches who stood there helplessly and watched that.

The player apparently was confronted with #Chiefscoaches in the parking lot before he put the gun to his head and committed suicide.

Posted · Hidden by The Harsh, December 1, 2012 - No reason given · Report post

according to wikipedia he exploded from eating a dog penis.

people have no shame.

Wow this story just gets worse and worse. Not sure how they play the game tomorrow. I'm thinking it will get pushed back.

Brutal news, the details only make it worse for the entire franchise.

With the weeks all full, there are no other weeks to move the game to, it would be really hard to do anything but play this week - Monday night maybe? Either way, can't imagine the already bad Chiefs will have their heads on straight.

Condolences to the Chiefs & the girlfriend's/player's family, and if that poor baby, if that is the case - orphaned in 1 morning. Sad.

You can only hope this story isn't true...but confirmations are saying it is...

what a piece of s---...you want to off yourself, do it...but don't take another innocent life with you..and basically ruin a newborns life...truly a selfish piece of s---