Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

baltimore_boy

2012 Heisman Trophy Award

2012 Heisman   6 members have voted

1. 1. Who deserves to win the 2012 Heisman Trophy

• Johnny Manziel
    • Collin Klein
    • Manti Te'o

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 posts in this topic

If past history is our guide it will be Manziel. Tebow won it when he broke the SEC combined yardage record, Newton broke Tebows record and won it, now Manziel breaks Newtons record. Best player in the best conference, freshman or not, he deserves it.

If past history is our guide it will be Manziel. Tebow won it when he broke the SEC combined yardage record, Newton broke Tebows record and won it, now Manziel breaks Newtons record. Best player in the best conference, freshman or not, he deserves it.

I still think Jordan Lynch deserved a shot. No one really toook notice of NIU (until the BCS this week), but Lynch has been lighting it up all year. He's about even with Manziel in passing and blows him away in rushing. He broke Denard Robinson's record for rushing yards by a QB. I'm not saying he should have won, but he should;ve at least been a 4th finalist or have been in over Klein, who's whole campaign was based off of KSU's almost undefeated season.

I still think Jordan Lynch deserved a shot. No one really toook notice of NIU (until the BCS this week), but Lynch has been lighting it up all year. He's about even with Manziel in passing and blows him away in rushing. He broke Denard Robinson's record for rushing yards by a QB. I'm not saying he should have won, but he should;ve at least been a 4th finalist or have been in over Klein, who's whole campaign was based off of KSU's almost undefeated season.

The media always takes dumps on the smaller conference guys, which is a shame as there is some great talent there and some great players. Hopefully he can highlight his ability against FSU.

I dont see anyway a pure defensive player wins the award, even if they are from ND and on an undefeated team. The last "defensive" player to win it was Woodson, no? I dont think hed have had a shot if he didnt return punts/kicks and play some WR as well. I still say the award is a joke as it is only given to the best offensive skill position player, more often than not QB or RB. Orlando Pace should have won it his last year in college and there are defensive players who have been deserving.

I dont see anyway a pure defensive player wins the award, even if they are from ND and on an undefeated team. The last "defensive" player to win it was Woodson, no? I dont think hed have had a shot if he didnt return punts/kicks and play some WR as well. I still say the award is a joke as it is only given to the best offensive skill position player, more often than not QB or RB. Orlando Pace should have won it his last year in college and there are defensive players who have been deserving.

The only reason Te'o is really in the conversation is because there are not many players this year that have a serious shot at being the Heisman. In past years, you have had RG3, Luck, Tebow, Ingram, and others that have had legitimite chances. There really only is Manziel and Te'o this year, which is why I think they should have given the highly productive players that no one has really noticed (Lynch, Archer, and Carey) a chance to go and be a finalist. They at least deserve a shot over Klein, who really wasn't that great this year.