Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

markdash

THE NEW ORLEANS PELICANS!

104 posts in this topic

The New Orleans Hornets are expected to change their name to the New Orleans Pelicans as soon as the 2013-14 season' date=' according to Yahoo! Sports.

Louisiana's nickname is "The Pelican State," which helps to explain the decision. The name change could affect the Bobcats, as well, as Michael Jordan has said he would consider going back to the Charlotte Hornets if the name became available. Dec 4 - 6:39 PM[/quote']

http://farm9.static.flickr.com/8152/6996117668_6e890fd0df_o.jpg

That name and those uniforms are SWEET. I look forward to scooping up every available Pelican player in the draft. This name really fits the bill!

The New Orleans Hornets are expected to change their name to the New Orleans Pelicans as soon as the 2013-14 season' date=' according to Yahoo! Sports.

Louisiana's nickname is "The Pelican State," which helps to explain the decision. The name change could affect the Bobcats, as well, as Michael Jordan has said he would consider going back to the Charlotte Hornets if the name became available. Dec 4 - 6:39 PM[/quote']

http://farm9.static....e890fd0df_o.jpg

That name and those uniforms are SWEET. I look forward to scooping up every available Pelican player in the draft. This name really fits the bill!

Crap brown with baby blue and gold......Wow, that's turrible. Reminds me of the colors for South Harmon Institute of Technology.....

Terrible. Justt terrible.

The logo is hideous. And the placement of it on the shorts is absurd.

Nba is definitely losing its swag if this goes through. Embarrassing

1 person likes this

Pelicans? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL... that's a terrible team name man... New Orleans Pelicans. Go back to Sonics before moving to that s---!

Hahaha they should change it to a name that fits the population of New Orleans better...New Orleans Crackheads

This feels like a WNBA team now.

But Pelicans is a plural noun with an "s" at the end, not something like "Shock" or "Mercury" or "Lynx".

I think this name is sweet, you guys all have terrible taste.

In that preview of the uniforms, it has the name "Gordon" on the uniforms. Who is this? Is there someone named Gordon who plays for the New Orleans franchise? I haven't heard of this guy or seen him on the court.

5 people like this

In that preview of the uniforms, it has the name "Gordon" on the uniforms. Who is this? Is there someone named Gordon who plays for the New Orleans franchise? I haven't heard of this guy or seen him on the court.

Flash......It is from the future.

Too bad Orlando chose the name Magic (which I've never understood), with all the voodoo, black magic type stuff in in The Big Easy, I could have seen the New Orleans Magic....

1 person likes this

OK those uniforms are probably just a mock-up by some random person not affiliated with the team in any way. The name is real, though.

OK those uniforms are probably just a mock-up by some random person not affiliated with the team in any way. The name is real, though.

I'm not sure those will be the colors...

The Hornets moved to New Orleans from Charlotte in 2002, and when Benson bought the team earlier this year, he said he would like to change the name to something more fitting of Louisiana. His wife, Gayle, reiterated that idea and added that the franchise also would like to change the team colors from teal and purple to red, gold and navy blue.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8711940/new-orleans-hornets-change-nickname-pelicans-according-report

Who actually decides on this? The GM?

Ownership. I'm sure there were multiple business studies to come up with the marketing viability of each choice. The firms that were consulted failed but the owners have the last decision.

Flash......It is from the future.

Too bad Orlando chose the name Magic (which I've never understood), with all the voodoo, black magic type stuff in in The Big Easy, I could have seen the New Orleans Magic....

orlando Magic, had a lot to do with disney world being close by, from my understanding...

pelicans are a terrible name...

if it does happen, would the Pelicans qualify as being the unanimous choice of laughable (professional) team names?

anaheim mighty ducks, at least have a tongue in cheekness to their team name...

discuss...

Pelicans are alright, at least some fishes will need to watch out lol. I think Nippon Ham Fighters is the most hilarious team name in sport.