Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ChrisFarley

Alexi Ogando 2013 Outlook

211 posts in this topic

From the reports that I have read, Ogando is going back into the rotation for the Rangers.

What kind of numbers do you expect from him assuming he gets in 175 IP?

Am I being too optimistic for hoping that a 3.50 era 1.20 whip 150+ K is reasonable?

Do you guys think he sticks as a starter all year?

Colby Lewis and Neftali Feliz are probably due back mid-season.

Over 2011-12, Alexi Ogando has made 30 total starts: 170 IP, 3.49 ERA, 1.12 WHIP, 126 K

Do you guys think he sticks as a starter all year?

Colby Lewis and Neftali Feliz are probably due back mid-season.

Over 2011-12, Alexi Ogando has made 30 total starts: 170 IP, 3.49 ERA, 1.12 WHIP, 126 K

I remember he started out super hot in 2011, but then dropped out hard in the 2nd half.

^ Yes, he will stick.

4 more scoreless today vs Votto-less Reds as i type.

early schedule (if you are into that stuff)

@HOU (day)

TB (night)

@SEA (night)

@LAA (night)

@MIN (night)

i saw the start, yea, that was nice, he was changing speeds on his breaking stuff too... looked like he was throwing a nice slow breaker along with a hard slider-tpe pitche... great to see him do that.

Not sure what he does this year exactly, but I'm guessing I can get him pretty late... and am pretty intrigued. I think he could put up quality SP3-SP4 numbers.

I got him last night in round 18 in my 12-teamer. Feel pretty good about it, nice upside and should bring back some value.

theres no doubt hes a must start against the AAAstros right?

I'd totally sit him against the power house that is the Astro's.

anyone playing the aaastros is a must start. plus he's actually good.

Anyone else rolling him out there today? After the HOU performance last night how do you not..???

If you're not going to start him vs the Stros' then he has no business on your roster....

2 people like this

Got him in my main league, I think I may have taken him a round or two early. Like the overall upside. Obviously throwing him out there vs Hou, but teams generally do well the day after a no no or bad game.

If you're not going to start him vs the Stros' then he has no business on your roster....

\

agree. if you don't start him today, cut him.

Absolutely starting him. If nothing else, he should fan 10. After Harrison got a little knocked around, I need redemption from Ogando.

Cmon guys, i feel like i have to go Mike Rice on some of you. You start your grandma vs the Stros. Feel like I'm in that scene of Airplane where passengers are lining up to smack some sense into the freaked out lady.

Now lets get doen to the business of evaluating that changeup he's been working on, his SL%, his stamina as the games wears on. keep it real.

Electric first inning, hit 96 a few times. 2 ks. The other out was a weak grounder. The double was a grounder down the third base line that Beltre probably shoulda got. I like.

theres no doubt hes a must start against the AAAstros right?

I'm streaming him today. And I don't stream.

Good start but damn the Astros have the plate discipline of a 9 year old's pinata party. Olney laid out all the Z-swings last night against Yu on The Herd this morning. Same thing today.