Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yort1919

Alejandro De Aza 2013 Outlook

35 posts in this topic

Just curious what everyone thinks De Aza will do this upcoming season. 17HR/63RBI/.278AVG/25SB am i close?

Just curious what everyone thinks De Aza will do this upcoming season. 17HR/63RBI/.278AVG/25SB am i close?

Close, but not in HR's at all. Why would you think he hits 17 when he has come nowhere close to showing any significant power in the majors or minors? Expecting him to basically double his HR's is unreasonable.

10 HR is about right, making him one of the most boring players in fantasy. Decent value overall but he's not a difference maker in any single category, unless he really improves with his ability to make contact or steal even more bases.

You can call him boring but I'll call him underrated. Hits leadoff, hits for decent average, will get 10 HRs and around 30 SBs, will score 80 to 95 runs and drive in 60. Because he is a late bloomer and was never a "hot prospect" people undervalue him. That's fine because smart owners will benefit and get him on the cheap.

Think of it this way. When all is said and done his numbers will be very close to Austin Jackson, who will go MANY rounds ahead of de Aza and cost MUCH more in an auction.

wow, no chatter on this guy...had a pretty decent season last year. does he warm up when the weather gets better in chicago?

I really like de Aza, and he is actually off to a really nice start. I own him in every league, with a projected line of .280/13/61/29 SB/88 Runs, he does not hurt you any category and helps in avg., sbs and runs. His quick 3 HRs this season got me thinking that 16-18 HR's is not out of the question, especially in the park he plays in.

I'm down with those projections...his K/BB ratio (5/1) seems a bit off right now, a bit more selective should translate into a nice boost in numbers across the board.

another dinger tonight, I think he could hit 15 easy this season, he already has 4 in just 16 games so far.

another dinger tonight, I think he could hit 15 easy this season, he already has 4 in just 16 games so far.

4 homers yea..., seems like those are his only hits this season.

Any thoughts on this guy. Admittedly haven't paid much attention here, so the power thus far is a nice surprise, but it seems it may be coming at the expense of AVG and OBP. Fair statement?

Any comments from Sox fans on the guy?

He's a fringe OF at best. Doesnt excel in any area really. I dropped him for guys with more upside but he's a boring 4th/5th OF in 12 teamers.

Any thoughts on this guy. Admittedly haven't paid much attention here, so the power thus far is a nice surprise, but it seems it may be coming at the expense of AVG and OBP. Fair statement?

Any comments from Sox fans on the guy?

I'm not a Sox fan but I think you made a fair assessment. De Aza seems to K'ing at least once a game and his GB/FB has flipped so far this year. He should be pounding more balls into the ground and using his speed but it's worked so far. I think he will continue to be a very solid source for HR/SB.

3 HR's in his last 6 games.

Dude's quietly on track for a 20/20 season.

ADA appears to K every night but I can't complain about his production. Wish he'd steal more though.

Nice night for him with a double header. 5(!) runs, 2 steals, 2 RBIs. That's as much production as I get in a month from freakin' Prado.

This guy has been playing well lately. Anybody like him for the 2nd half of the season

This guy has been playing well lately. Anybody like him for the 2nd half of the season

I just traded for him so I'd like to think he'll continue doing well. My only major concern is the White Sox offense on the whole isn't very good, but he's got some decent hitters behind him.

Not really sure why he is not stealing this year. It isn't as if the Sox lineup is good.

4 more hits today with a run. Guy is slashing .308/.379/.538 in July. The steals are down a little bit but the power is up, I'll gladly take that trade off. His runs and RBIs are way up as well. Quietly having a pretty good season with 56r/12hr/44rbi/11sb from the leadoff spot.

just picked this guy up to replace heyward in my 10 team league.... the numbers seem there, and he's been on waivers for a while. How is he?