Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

aaf314

.5 PPR DMC or Ballard WHIR!

First week of the playoffs and I have a big decision to make. Do I go back to Darren McFadden (and actually watch tonight's game) or do I go with Vick Ballard.

Darren McFadden is playing against a tough Raiders D and might have to share the ball with 4 guys (Goodson, Reece, Stewart, Jones). However, DMC has the ability to break the big ones and have a monster game.

Vick Ballard is plaing against a Tennessee Defense that hasn't been great against the run and will have the backfield to himself since Brown is out. However, he is less talented than DMC.

Ballard has had 14 receptions all year. McFadden had 18 in his previous 7 games (not counting the fluke 13 reception game he had against San Diego to start the year). Since Reece will probably eat the 3rd receptions, it seems like they are actually equal inthe pass game.

What do you guys think?

I need a big game from my other RB crew (Rice, Charles, and Murray) since my WR core of Austin, Britt, and Anotnio Brown have underachieved all year.

Thanks for the help,

I'd lean towards Ballard, just because you know he is getting the majority of the carries and has a favourable matchup. DMC could have a big game, but he's going to be splitting the carries - no one knows how much, and he is fresh off an injury vs the Broncos D. The safest bet is Ballard this week. I'd wait another week on McFadden just to see what kind of workload he is getting.

Big play DMC

Safe play Ballard

I would go with DMC just because his big play ability and hes also a pass option. And I'm sure hes been itching to get back out there.