Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GBPig99

$40 for a steak?!!?

My girlfriend took her mom and sister to the new Ruth's Chris today in Madison. I believe it's owned by Barry Alvarez. Anyway the cheapest steak on the menu was $35 and it comes with nothing!!!! Do people really pay this?? This made me wanna puke.

My girlfriend took her mom and sister to the new Ruth's Chris today in Madison. I believe it's owned by Barry Alvarez. Anyway the cheapest steak on the menu was $35 and it comes with nothing!!!! Do people really pay this?? This made me wanna puke.

Hahaha...thats nothing. There are several places in and around Boston where that wold be considered a bargain. I had a $75 lobster(1.5-2.0 lbs) at Morton's a while back. Abe and Loui's, Capital Grille, Grille 93 are all also places where the food isn;t cheap. Go look at the Zaggat guides. The Federalist and No. 9 Park are two places in Beacon Hill where the average entree's are $75. Once in a while I like to splurge with my GF...

I can't go for expensive meals in Boston, I'd rather go to Jimmies in Arlington... But if I am in Boston, normally i have to stop by Fire & Ice good stuff

I can't go for expensive meals in Boston, I'd rather go to Jimmies in Arlington... But if I am in Boston, normally i have to stop by Fire & Ice good stuff

Jimmies is okay, but last tie I was there, they didn't even offer Porterhouse. I am a huge Porterhouse fan...The OUtback actually has a good one on most days, and for a reasonable price.

Fire and Ice is a good time with decent food too...definately not high end though. They do have a great atmosphere, especially for dates!

Hahaha...thats nothing. There are several places in and around Boston where that wold be considered a bargain. I had a $75 lobster(1.5-2.0 lbs) at Morton's a while back. Abe and Loui's, Capital Grille, Grille 93 are all also places where the food isn;t cheap. Go look at the Zaggat guides. The Federalist and No. 9 Park are two places in Beacon Hill where the average entree's are $75. Once in a while I like to splurge with my GF...

Splurging with my girl is going to like Outback Steakhouse lol. Even for special occasions I have a hard time going to places like this. A steak can only get so good.

Places like this are keeping me from living the High Life.

Fire and Ice is a good time with decent food too...definately not high end though. They do have a great atmosphere, especially for dates!

yea its a pretty fun place to eat, not if u go for a fancy meal, but then again, i hardly eat anyplace fancier than the Olive Garden

Jimmies is okay, but last tie I was there, they didn't even offer Porterhouse. I am a huge Porterhouse fan...The OUtback actually has a good one on most days, and for a reasonable price.

i used to live there when i was little and that was about 9 years ago and ive only made 3 or 4 trips there since, but the italian there is good, last time i had the chicken parm, loved it, thats me tho, dont think ive ever tried the steak tho, ill put it on the list

Splurging with my girl is going to like Outback Steakhouse lol. Even for special occasions I have a hard time going to places like this. A steak can only get so good.

Places like this are keeping me from living the High Life.

I love the Outback...I live within 5 minutes from one, and my GF and I usually go quite a bit. There food is pretty good.

I have to disagree with this one though. I mean when you get a great cut, and have someone that knows what they are doing prepare it, mmmmmmmm....I would pay quite alot!

i used to live there when i was little and that was about 9 years ago and ive only made 3 or 4 trips there since, but the italian there is good, last time i had the chicken parm, loved it, thats me tho, dont think ive ever tried the steak tho, ill put it on the list

Chicken Parm is by far my favorite thing in the world! Bertucci's is one of the best around, especially for a Chain...

alright! I'll have to put that on my Bertucci's list too then!

Definately...

Oh sorry GB...for hijacking the thread! I will stop now...

The most expensive place i've eaten at personally was Chuck's steakhouse in Lauderdale. Was excellent but even that was only about $25.

i dont think ive ever paid more than 20 for a steak

and to top it off i had had better $14 ones

Definately...

Oh sorry GB...for hijacking the thread! I will stop now...

Lol Np, I just needed to vent a little after the GF spent $135 tonight and none of it was on me. B)

Lol Np, I just needed to vent a little after the GF spent $135 tonight and none of it was on me. B)

i feel the hurt

Lol Np, I just needed to vent a little after the GF spent $135 tonight and none of it was on me. :)

Lol...put a guilt trip on her...you may get something after all! B)

Went there for the first time a couple weeks ago, love that place.

im disappointed in u, i thought u woulda been there a few times by now

I love the Outback...I live within 5 minutes from one, and my GF and I usually go quite a bit. There food is pretty good.

I have to disagree with this one though. I mean when you get a great cut, and have someone that knows what they are doing prepare it, mmmmmmmm....I would pay quite alot!

I was just gonna say Outback. We have Boulder Creek as well here in NY. Same thing really. Unbelievably the same. Though I will say with Outback it doesnt matter which I go to its always great. If I go to the Boulder Creek by my girl they are great there.......I can explain I dont want certain vegetables and they wont give me em. I mean just aces there. The one by me I'll never go back. Food was cold and I said could u do me the favor of just giving me the broccoli and no carrots. The girl was like I can ask the manager but thats how it comes and blah blah blah. Needless to say it comes out with the carrots. I dont mind carrots just dont like em cooked thats all. Is it asking too much to take em out before I see em. Im a big tipper it woulda been worth it.

U guys will make fun of me but the thing I love about goin to Outback is the salad that comes with my meal. They are fresh as can be and nice and cold. Just yummy. Some people will say Im dumb or cheap or whatever but I always get the Outback Special 12oz. steak. Virtually no fat and just delicious and yes I know fat gives it taste. You can keep ur fat though tyvm. My friend will get the NY Strip, same with my family when they go and my girl will get some type of salad creation with shrimp.

Im a guy who doesnt change it if he likes it. I will go to a place for a certain dish and thats that. If I like it I'll pay whatever it costs to get it. Theres an italian place I go to that has a chicken dish to die for. Its like $15 or $20 but Im tellin u that if they charged $75 for it Id still go there and Id still get it everytime.

If Im happy I will pay to enjoy it.

Lol...put a guilt trip on her...you may get something after all! B)

The worst part is, I was supposed to go with and she was gonna buy my meal!! But I had my daughter and she didn't wanna go out to eat.

The worst part is, I was supposed to go with and she was gonna buy my meal!! But I had my daughter and she didn't wanna go out to eat.

charge ur daughter. just kidding of course

Im old school in the fact that I dont like lettin her pay for a meal. She busts my chops sometimes n I'll let her but it doesnt mean I hafta like it. I'll let her grab small things like coffee at 7-11 or some garbage to make her happy but meals are my thing.

Though I dont blame u for being upset at losing out on a free Ruth's steak. B)

I was just gonna say Outback. We have Boulder Creek as well here in NY. Same thing really. Unbelievably the same. Though I will say with Outback it doesnt matter which I go to its always great. If I go to the Boulder Creek by my girl they are great there.......I can explain I dont want certain vegetables and they wont give me em. I mean just aces there. The one by me I'll never go back. Food was cold and I said could u do me the favor of just giving me the broccoli and no carrots. The girl was like I can ask the manager but thats how it comes and blah blah blah. Needless to say it comes out with the carrots. I dont mind carrots just dont like em cooked thats all. Is it asking too much to take em out before I see em. Im a big tipper it woulda been worth it.

U guys will make fun of me but the thing I love about goin to Outback is the salad that comes with my meal. They are fresh as can be and nice and cold. Just yummy. Some people will say Im dumb or cheap or whatever but I always get the Outback Special 12oz. steak. Virtually no fat and just delicious and yes I know fat gives it taste. You can keep ur fat though tyvm. My friend will get the NY Strip, same with my family when they go and my girl will get some type of salad creation with shrimp.

Im a guy who doesnt change it if he likes it. I will go to a place for a certain dish and thats that. If I like it I'll pay whatever it costs to get it. Theres an italian place I go to that has a chicken dish to die for. Its like $15 or $20 but Im tellin u that if they charged $75 for it Id still go there and Id still get it everytime.

If Im happy I will pay to enjoy it.

Im old school in the fact that I dont like lettin her pay for a meal. She busts my chops sometimes n I'll let her but it doesnt mean I hafta like it. I'll let her grab small things like coffee at 7-11 or some garbage to make her happy but meals are my thing.

I love the Outback salads too. Not so much the ceasar though, as I find it watery sometimes...

I have been with my GF too long to always pay. I pay 99% of the time, but every once in a while, I am like...take me out to dinner! Lol...

I usually don't like letting my girlfriends pay for stuff either but she knows i'm a broke a**. We work at the same place, she lives with her parents, I own a house and have a kid. Nuf Ced lol.