Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GBPig99

$40 for a steak?!!?

I usually don't like letting my girlfriends pay for stuff either but she knows i'm a broke a**. We work at the same place, she lives with her parents, I own a house and have a kid. Nuf Ced lol.

Im not knockin ya bro. A free steak at that place is well worth lettin her pay. With a house n kid on top of it...........get the steak n lobster. B)

You deserve it.

Back to food. I actually live 20 feet from a place called the Redzone. Excellent food, for $12 I can get the all you can eat buffet that has shrimp,cod,scallops,ribs, and catfish. Along with the best salad bar i've ever had.

Back to food. I actually live 20 feet from a place called the Redzone. Excellent food, for $12 I can get the all you can eat buffet that has shrimp,cod,scallops,ribs, and catfish. Along with the best salad bar i've ever had.

I love the salad bar at Ruby Tuesdays. I used to work next door to one and was there for lunch at least once a week.

I love the salad bar at Ruby Tuesdays. I used to work next door to one and was there for lunch at least once a week.

The perfect salad bar is hard to come by. Usually you get the one with all the extras like macaroni salad and potato salad but lacking the regular salad toppings.Or it's the other way around. The one by my house has everything. All the extras along with every topping you can think of.

Also Im not a seafood person.

My gf has all chefs in her family so they invite me to dinner over her cousins house for my gfs grandmothers bday party. Anyways they serve some kind of fish wrapped in paper and some kind of stuffed onion lookin thing with some mushy vegetable stuff. I was like oh how nice. Just lookin at it made me wanna gag. It wasnt breaded or nothin just broiled fish. YUCK! I hit it with my fork and moved it around the plate. I felt bad not eatin it but no way was I touchin it.

Also Im not a seafood person.

My gf has all chefs in her family so they invite me to dinner over her cousins house for my gfs grandmothers bday party. Anyways they serve some kind of fish wrapped in paper and some kind of stuffed onion lookin thing with some mushy vegetable stuff. I was like oh how nice. Just lookin at it made me wanna gag. It wasnt breaded or nothin just broiled fish. YUCK! I hit it with my fork and moved it around the plate. I felt bad not eatin it but no way was I touchin it.

Lol I love cooked seafood, but any of that raw stuff like sushi I won't touch.

The perfect salad bar is hard to come by. Usually you either get the ones with all the extras like macaroni salad and potato salad but lacking the regular salad toppings. The one by my house has everything. All the extras along with every topping you can think of.

The Ruby Tuesdays one has cut up eggs. Dude........I pile those things on with tons of grated cheese and ranch dressing and cucumbers and those cherry tomatoes. Some bacon bits and parmesan cheese. I am so set when I sit down. People stare at me while I walk back to my table.......the plate is just a mound with ranch dressing everywhere. I dont care though Im not eatin it to diet.

The Ruby Tuesdays one has cut up eggs. Dude........I pile those things on with tons of grated cheese and ranch dressing and cucumbers and those cherry tomatoes. Some bacon bits and parmesan cheese. I am so set when I sit down. People stare at me while I walk back to my table.......the plate is just a mound with ranch dressing everywhere. I dont care though Im not eatin it to diet.

Ya eggs and cucumbers are two of my key ingrediants to the perfect salad. I don't know if it's just the cheap places I normally eat at, but alot of places around here don't have either of those on their salad bars.

Ya eggs and cucumbers are two of my key ingrediants to the perfect salad. I don't know if it's just the cheap places I normally eat at, but alot of places around here don't have either of those on their salad bars.

Eggs on top are like so amazingly awesome. Especially with the ranch dressing. Its kinda like egg salad but without mayo.

I paid around $60 for a 2 inch filet at Doe's Eat Place (Bill Clinton's favorite place) and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Absolutely great steak. The thing was a monster. But, it came with more food than I could eat at two meals.

Hahaha...thats nothing. There are several places in and around Boston where that wold be considered a bargain. I had a $75 lobster(1.5-2.0 lbs) at Morton's a while back. Abe and Loui's, Capital Grille, Grille 93 are all also places where the food isn;t cheap. Go look at the Zaggat guides. The Federalist and No. 9 Park are two places in Beacon Hill where the average entree's are $75. Once in a while I like to splurge with my GF...

check out Davio's sometime....it's billed as a Northern Italian steakhouse.

my wife works at the Philly branch, and we've eaten there many times....my parents love it and the place is always full.

The most expensive place i've eaten at personally was Chuck's steakhouse in Lauderdale. Was excellent but even that was only about $25.

once you've tasted a well-prepared cut of Kobe beef, you completely forget it cost $55.

I cant remember the name of the restaurant, some small Spanish place in Jersey, but the steak there was AMAZING. Seasoned perfectly, cooked perfectly, it was a huge cut of meat, I didnt even care that it was 50 bucks......

I work at the cheesecake factory......not a big fan of plugging the food and stuff there, but their cajun ribeye is awesome. The cajun butter they put on it isnt too spicy (Im a guy who likes spicy food), and we have wasabi butter that you could request they put on the mashed potatoes (it normally comes with fries, just sub them out). Good stuff, and its under 30 bucks.

Like JPug mentioned, Boulder Creek and Outback are good stuff. I have to agree on the salad with the steak at Outback, its really good, as well as the bread they give you.

Off topic, post number 500 for me........yay me

check out Davio's sometime....it's billed as a Northern Italian steakhouse.

my wife works at the Philly branch, and we've eaten there many times....my parents love it and the place is always full.

I have eaten at the Boston Davio's...pretty good stuff!

I cant remember the name of the restaurant, some small Spanish place in Jersey, but the steak there was AMAZING. Seasoned perfectly, cooked perfectly, it was a huge cut of meat, I didnt even care that it was 50 bucks......

I work at the cheesecake factory......not a big fan of plugging the food and stuff there, but their cajun ribeye is awesome. The cajun butter they put on it isnt too spicy (Im a guy who likes spicy food), and we have wasabi butter that you could request they put on the mashed potatoes (it normally comes with fries, just sub them out). Good stuff, and its under 30 bucks.

Like JPug mentioned, Boulder Creek and Outback are good stuff. I have to agree on the salad with the steak at Outback, its really good, as well as the bread they give you.

Mmmmm...Cheescake Factory! Chicken and Biscuits for me...with the Firecracker Salmon rolls as an app. and the Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake for desert! I eat at the Cheesecake Factory all the time!!!

I have eaten at the Boston Davio's...pretty good stuff!

Mmmmm...Cheescake Factory! Chicken and Biscuits for me...with the Firecracker Salmon rolls as an app. and the Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake for desert! I eat at the Cheesecake Factory all the time!!!

Geeeeeesh Yawk, outta all these Boston guys. I dont think Ive seen one guy mention the Texas Roadhouse !!!! Now thats to die for !!!

Geeeeeesh Yawk, outta all these Boston guys. I dont think Ive seen one guy mention the Texas Roadhouse !!!! Now thats to die for !!!

I like the Roadhouse too, but I like The Ouutback better, unless I am getting the Ribs! I was a that Roadhouse in Everett on their Opening Day! The peanuts rock too...

I like the Roadhouse too, but I like The Ouutback better, unless I am getting the Ribs! I was a that Roadhouse in Everett on their Opening Day! The peanuts rock too...

But I am truly sorry to say to all you Outback fans... you will not find a better place in the world for Ribs and Marinated Steak tips then Floramos....... mmmmmmmmm best place ever !!!! Also if you like chicken parm dinners, try this place out if you havent already... You will not be disappointed by any means... mmmmm

But I am truly sorry to say to all you Outback fans... you will not find a better place in the world for Ribs and Marinated Steak tips then Floramos....... mmmmmmmmm best place ever !!!! Also if you like chicken parm dinners, try this place out if you havent already... You will not be disappointed by any means... mmmmm

Lol...Floramo's...Where the meat falls off the bone! My GF knew a cook over there and has their recipe for the marinade!

Lol...Floramo's...Where the meat falls off the bone! My GF knew a cook over there and has their recipe for the marinade!

Best place ever

I can't go for expensive meals in Boston, I'd rather go to Jimmies in Arlington... But if I am in Boston, normally i have to stop by Fire & Ice good stuff

Good old Jimmies. I grew up in Arlington and I love that place. Of course, go after 7pm because the old folks storm the joint starting at 4:30pm.

Yay! B)

Congrats.