Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

inspiron22

Danny Green 2012-2013 Season Outlook

112 posts in this topic

I couldn't find his thread on my phone. Apologies if it already exists.

Anyway, crazy how he's putting up quiet and efficient value and flying under the radar.

If only he gave some assists, I'd swipe him up instantly... I have no need for 3s or steals in my team atm though.. Great pick up for anyone else though

This guy is kinda like Jason Kidd because he puts up numbers across the board, but somehow remains an "unsexy" fantasy player. Only owned in 28% of ESPN leagues. I think he is valued incorrectly so I was wondering what tier of player do you guys think is consider comparable to Green?

Hes like a mini-Batum imo. When Batum was getting 25 mins per game his numbers back then look similar to Greens numbers. Green wouldnt this be underrated if he is given 35+ mins on a regular, he will be a fantasy beast. Hes a 1-1-1 player right now and hes only getting 28 mins per.

1 person likes this

Leonard coming back soon is going to cut into his (already not all that high) mins.

Leonard coming back soon is going to cut into his (already not all that high) mins.

I disagree. Green has been playing around 30 minutes/game the vast majority of the season and is a very good defender. I think it is way more likely the person would would get his minutes squeezed by Kwahi coming back would be Gary Neal.

I disagree. Green has been playing around 30 minutes/game the vast majority of the season and is a very good defender. I think it is way more likely the person would would get his minutes squeezed by Kwahi coming back would be Gary Neal.

They both would be effected. Gary Neal probably moreso than Danny Green. But don't be naive. Pop isn't going to only play Leonard in replace of Gary Neal. Both Neal and Green will see a reduction in mins when Leonard comes back.

I'm not saying that Green won't be a good fantasy play going forward. But it's just something to think about, as he has been very hot lately along with increased mins due to the Leonard injury. I just wouldn't be expecting 30+ mins nightly.

I doubt Green loses time to Kawhi. Most likely the starters will be Parker-Green-Leonard-Duncan-(revolving door). Only way I see Green losing minutes is if its a close game and Ginobili is in.

Well since Green has been the starting small forward since Leonard got hurt I would assume that he loses minutes when Leonard comes back. Plus Stephen Jackson will get his 15-20 minutes/game.

I own Green and don't really understand why some people like him so much. Every couple weeks he'll have a 3PM explosion, but in between there are just so many no-shows.

I don't think he'll lose all of his value upon Leonard's return, but I don't see how his minutes won't take a hit.

I own Green and don't really understand why some people like him so much. Every couple weeks he'll have a 3PM explosion, but in between there are just so many no-shows.

I don't think he'll lose all of his value upon Leonard's return, but I don't see how his minutes won't take a hit.

not many guys on the WW can put up 1.5 threes/1 stl/ 1 block.

I don't think that I suggested he shouldn't be owned. I just don't feel like he has very much value. Also, those percentages don't reflect the no-shows. He'll have a monster game and then put up a week's worth of duds. Consistency is a major issue for him.

I don't think that I suggested he shouldn't be owned. I just don't feel like he has very much value. Also, those percentages don't reflect the no-shows. He'll have a monster game and then put up a week's worth of duds. Consistency is a major issue for him.

I see what you are saying since a lot of his value is probably in roto leagues where the stats accumulate throughout the season (since he won't be winning you any h2h leagues). Just saying that if you start him every game, hes going to return top 75 value unless you don't care about turnovers.

I see what you are saying since a lot of his value is probably in roto leagues where the stats accumulate throughout the season (since he won't be winning you any h2h leagues). Just saying that if you start him every game, hes going to return top 75 value unless you don't care about turnovers.

Agree. His value is exponentially higher in roto.

This guy really exemplifies the term "feast or famine". Unfortunately, though, he's been leaving his owners hungry more often than not.

Kawhi Leonard gets all the hype but Green also provides a good combo of 3s steals and blocks. He's been getting about 30 min a game even with Ginobili Leonard and Jackson back from injury. Does anyone think his playing time will go down? Pop seems to like him playing at the SG spot

what's weird is, is that his numbers have become more consistent with Leonard and Jackson back...

2 people like this

what's weird is, is that his numbers have become more consistent with Leonard and Jackson back...

Yeah, that's weird as hell actually. You're right. Good point.

Yeah, that's weird as hell actually. You're right. Good point.

He's been extremely useful for teams that need 3's and the occasional stocks