Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rignamw89

Marco Belinelli 2012-2013 Season Outlook

65 posts in this topic

Currently has 20 points, 4 boards, 4 threes with 6 minutes left in the game...

Had 16 and 2 threes last game.

23 points the game before that..

Any long term value, has he finally hit his stride or is this just a hot streak? Could he possibly keep this starting spot even when Rip gets back?

lol I made this thread at the same time

I like him but I feel like these minutes aren't gonna last

Great minds think alike! ;)

Not only is he making his threeballs. He looks a lot more motivated and comfortable in his new role.....he's cutting, driving, shooting off screens, swinging the ball, even defending...........and overall just more aggressive altogether....without chucking up shots like in years past.

In standard formats, although he won't shine in defensive stats.....he should be added, if there is room for a drop. He won't keep up this pace, but I don't see the drop off as pronounced as seasons past.

Check percentages much. Horrible game tonight

5 AST, 13 PTS, ST, 2 TO, 6 REBS

So far, this guy is beasting this year if he continues Hamilton can kiss the starting job goodbye!

Check percentages much. Horrible game tonight

5 AST, 13 PTS, ST, 2 TO, 6 REBS

So far, this guy is beasting this year if he continues Hamilton can kiss the starting job goodbye!

"HORRIBLE" game?? His only bad stat is his shooting percentage (6 for 21). And yes, he was off tonight...but I think we have a very very different definition of horrible:

18 points, 4/9 three pointers, 2/2 FT, 7 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 steals, 2 turnovers...and there's still time left

I'll take that every single day from guy we all just added FOR FREE a couple days ago.

1 person likes this

Dropped Novak for him after watching the game tonight. Plus Rip is still 3 weeks away from coming back and if Marco is getting to put up that many shots per game Ill take my chances with him. He might even keep his starting job once Rip is healthy because over his last 4 games hes had 39-39-44-41 mins which means Thibs isint afraid to play him.

Hes killing it atm. Worth an add for Jason Richardson or seraphin?

Could he remain starter when rip is back??

He has been way more effective than Rip. Surprisingly on defense as well as offense.

His shot was just off last night, he had some great looks from mid-range but he just couldn't knock him down. The clippers are a decent defensive team so I would hold if you just got him

No Rip will get his job back whenever he gets back, he would whine and moan if he didn't. His minutes may be cut though and there's a strong possibility he's dealt at the deadline

No Rip will get his job back whenever he gets back, he would whine and moan if he didn't. His minutes may be cut though and there's a strong possibility he's dealt at the deadline

Marco is clearly the superior player to Rip. I'd be surprised if Rip is the starter upon return. If Rip does get his starting gig back I would think he wouldn't hold it much longer than a week.

Thibs is loyal to his players, and Rip is a volatile personality who could turn a locker room if he doesn't get his way. There have been rumors of the bulls trading rip, but as long as he's healthy he will be the starter.

Thibs is loyal to his players, and Rip is a volatile personality who could turn a locker room if he doesn't get his way. There have been rumors of the bulls trading rip, but as long as he's healthy he will be the starter.

Thibs being loyal to his players doesn't mean he's going to automatically start Rip again when he comes back. If anything if he is truly loyal to his players, he would start the best players. The younger more affordable Marco Belinelli has done great. Rip isn't the great player everyone remembers him to be when he was on The Pistons. He is an adequate SG at best.

At best I could see Rip getting his starting job back the first couple of games. But when it's made abundantly clear with a side by side compassion that Marco is just the much better basketball player than Rip right now, Rip will quickly become the 6th man.

Unless The Bulls are really set on show casing Rip before trading him. Which wouldn't considering Marco makes less than half as much as Rip 1.9 mil to 5 mil.

Also I've never heard that Rip is a volatile personality. I've always heard he was a great team player. So if I would think a veteran in his position would more than understand.

So the thoughts are that Beli will have some value moving forward? So far he's been great even when he shoots poorly like he did last night.

Thibs being loyal to his players doesn't mean he's going to automatically start Rip again when he comes back. If anything if he is truly loyal to his players, he would start the best players. The younger more affordable Marco Belinelli has done great. Rip isn't the great player everyone remembers him to be when he was on The Pistons. He is an adequate SG at best.

At best I could see Rip getting his starting job back the first couple of games. But when it's made abundantly clear with a side by side compassion that Marco is just the much better basketball player than Rip right now, Rip will quickly become the 6th man.

Unless The Bulls are really set on show casing Rip before trading him. Which wouldn't considering Marco makes less than half as much as Rip 1.9 mil to 5 mil.

Also I've never heard that Rip is a volatile personality. I've always heard he was a great team player. So if I would think a veteran in his position would more than understand.

Thibs started Keith freaking Bogans before. When Rip was hurt last year he regained his starting spot even though Brewer/Korver were playing pretty well and Rip missed a ton of time. Rip has complained in the past because Thibs often benched him in the 4th for Brewer and he complained in Detroit when he came off the bench too. I do think it will be an interesting situation at the deadline but a best case scenario for Marco when Rip gets back is a timeshare at about 25 minutes.