Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fredth3cat

12.9.12 - Chargers @ Steelers Game Thread

36 posts in this topic

Spent all morning going back and forth with everyone both in this forum and in the Assistant Coaches forum on DX vs. Givens.

I kept arguing for DX over and over, but was overwhelmed with about 90% of the people for Givens, so of course I made the swtich with 3 minutes to go before kickoff...of course DX scores.

Nobody to blame by myself.

Neither of these teams look very good.

Watching this game from a scouting perspective and having not seen the Chargers this year I can see why they are so bad. They don't have any difference makers on offense. Gates looks like he should be retired, he's pathetically slow at this point. Rivers is pathetically conservative but his line is horrible. He doesn't try to extend the play at all, it's pathetic to see a losing team throw the ball away almost 10 times in one half.

Spent all morning going back and forth with everyone both in this forum and in the Assistant Coaches forum on DX vs. Givens.

I kept arguing for DX over and over, but was overwhelmed with about 90% of the people for Givens, so of course I made the swtich with 3 minutes to go before kickoff...of course DX scores.

I was one of the Givens advocates and still have faith in him and the Rams turning on in the 2nd half. I hope...

1 person likes this

I proudly kept saying Danario. In one thread it was 99% some other guy over Danario. /popcorn.

Danario if healthy is a top 10.

I proudly kept saying Danario. In one thread it was 99% some other guy over Danario. /popcorn.

Danario if healthy is a top 10.

It was close between the 2...but I should've gone with my gut. I have no reason to complain.

DX has been a stud though, not sure why I gave into the peer pressure. He'll be in my lineup for sure next week (as long as I make it)

Why oh why did I sit DX? This kind of decision making is why I'm playing for the consolation championship and not the league title.

1 person likes this

Uh oh Ronnie Brown limps off the field in the red zone....might we see a Ryan Matthews touch down????

Probably Jackie Battle knowing my luck.

Actually, a nice run on 2nd down there.....please don't bring in Battle.

So I have Ryan Matthews and DX playing....and Rivers throws to Floyd.

Malcolm Floyd, you are the ultimate troll.

1 person likes this

I bench Rivers for the first time all season for being awful and he's having a great game, ofcourse. And Big Ben has been worthless.

The Steelers special teams has been god aweful this game I swear nearly every drive has started inside the 20 yard line... Rainey keeps taking it out of the end zone and getting tackled at the 10 on kickoffs...

Ben shouldn't have played in this game. He's not helping the team. It's like last year when he decided to play against the 49ers and the Steelers got blown out. Batch was doing fine. Let him go until he is healthy. Ben's gotta realize that if he isn't healthy, he's no good to his team.

Ben is arguably the worst QB in terms of performance differential when coming back from an injury first game. And he proved it again today. Awful.

I can't complain about Ryan Matthews usage today.

20 carries going into a full 4th quarter....make it 21.....and he can't break 3 yards per carry