Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

keep it ONE hunnid

Amir Johnson 2012-2013 Season Outlook

295 posts in this topic

The problem with this guy is that he doesn't take advantage of the opportunities that he is given.

I've rostered and dropped this guy 2 or 3 times this year. I also play in an 18 teamer. I wouldn't expect much. Benching JV and throwing Amir in there is probably just a kick start tactic to get JV playing better. Amir's had many opp's and doesn't do alot with them. His best game of the year came in a double or triple overtime. The potentials there and MAYBE if he can get consistent mins (since thats the major issue with amir) he could be productive, but unless you're in a 14+ team league I'd have to think there's better options.

eh, the ref was definitely power tripping. Players always touch the ball in between free throws and for some reason the ref didn't even let him and yanked it out of his hand. Then an automatic ejection? A technical is fine but to eject him like that is totally uncalled for.

eh, the ref was definitely power tripping. Players always touch the ball in between free throws and for some reason the ref didn't even let him and yanked it out of his hand. Then an automatic ejection? A technical is fine but to eject him like that is totally uncalled for.

Yeah def not unheard of by any stretch. ESPN showed him rubbing the ball like everytime all game I guess the ref was just sick of waiting for him lol

I love how in the video, around like 0:15 you can see Derozen in the background say something like "Why are you doing that..."

LOL

1 person likes this

question - why would anyone want to hang on to the ball and agitate the ref is beyond me .... clearly he wanted to get thrown out .... looks like the rook stays in the starting lineup , never have i seen a player this dumb. He didn't want to give up the rock in a foul throw situation , hello!!!!!

question - why would anyone want to hang on to the ball and agitate the ref is beyond me .... clearly he wanted to get thrown out .... looks like the rook stays in the starting lineup , never have i seen a player this dumb. He didn't want to give up the rock in a foul throw situation , hello!!!!!

He straight up walked up to the ref and tried to snatch it out of the refs hand. And when the ref probably said no get out of here, he just went harder for it and kept talking.. OMG hahaha ridic

He probably has some obsessive compulsive thing and got all freaked out, still a punk move and he should be suspended for a few games

He probably has some obsessive compulsive thing and got all freaked out, still a punk move and he should be suspended for a few games

A lot of NBA big men do it. Duncan, Howard, Dirk...it's a superstitious thing I guess. I think Amir felt disrespected that the ref wouldn't let him handle the ball, but it still doesn't justify the stupidity of throwing his mouthpiece at the ref.

A lot of NBA big men do it. Duncan, Howard, Dirk...it's a superstitious thing I guess. I think Amir felt disrespected that the ref wouldn't let him handle the ball, but it still doesn't justify the stupidity of throwing his mouthpiece at the ref.

He also needs to analyze the situation quicker. Whether or not the ref was on a power trip, I think that's irrelevant. As soon as the ref was not letting go of the ball (and probably said something to Johnson), he needs to understand to take a step back rather than getting in a tug-of-war match with the ref. He simply needs to be smarter.

Then to flip out like he did and throw his mouthpiece, well...the Raptors should suspend him whether or not the NBA does...

I think once Andrea becomes healthy, he gets shipped for 50 cents on the dollar to a new team...Maybe he will get traded to the Spurs, seeing has he has ankle spurs from time to time...lol

If you are unsure on whether to grab Ed Davis or Amir yet.....Andrea's comments are a bigger green light to get Davis or Amir than his injury...Dont worry about Amir or Ed limiting each others minutes. I think they still get their minutes....here is how...

48 minutes x 2 = 96 minutes for PF/C on this team

Jonas=28--32

Amir=28-32

Davis=28-32

The rest of Toronto's bigs are BAAAAD !!!!

Amir is a great short term pickup while Lowry and Bargnani are both out since he'll get more minutes with Bargnani out ad he has good chemistry with Calderon. Wouldn't surprise me if he averages around a double-double plus around a block per game with decent averages while both of those guys are on the sidelines.

It's possible he gets 30+ minutes a game, Valanciunas only plays 30 on a good night so he takes all 18 minutes at backup center and then 12-14 backing up Davis at the 4 spot. I would give him a look if you're desperate for a big

What are your expectations on Amir?

Maybe 12pt-7reb-1.5 steals-1.5 blks-49 fg%-80 ft%???

That's incredibly high expectations.

10pts/6-7 reb/0.7 stl/1 blk/ >50 fg%/ 75 ft%

1 person likes this