Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Patrick Bateman

SNF: 12.9.12 -- Detroit Lions @ Green Bay Packers Game Thread

334 posts in this topic

A battle from the black and blue division (anybody remember when Tampa Bay was in the NFC Central?). Two teams going two different directions with two completely different identities. After being a very trendy pick to go far in the playoffs, the Lions have imploded this season under a sea of penalties, poor coaching, and questionable dirty play the Lions have receded back to being the doormats of the the NFC North.

The Packers had a rough start and are fighting some inconsistency with their defense and ability to run the ball, but they still have Rodgers and with the Bears ugly loss today, they can rise to the top of the division with a little room to spare. This should be a shootout with the high powered offenses and banged up defenses, but divisional games are always tough to predict. I'm sure there are a lot of interested fantasy owners with their first round playoff matchups hanging in the balance. Good luck and Post em'!

Already won my 1st round matchup so all that's left is to enjoy the Megatron show. If he breaks Rice's record maybe we can avoid hearing about that ridiculous Madden curse again.

Just come out the game healthy Calvin. That's all I ask after seeing Bradshaw go down earlier!

Down by ten, going against Jennings, I still have Cobb, Hernandez and either can play Ridley Or Andre Johnson depending what happens tonight, dont want to be behind by more after tonight

nice setting indeed...this is football baby. December football with everything at stake and the snow is falling. This would be a great time to have Madden in the booth

Hopefully Cobb will have a good game, I sat Nicks and Alexander for him. Nicks had 16 points in my league, and Alexander had 27 points.

Can someone please explain to me how snow affects the offenses? I've been trying to figure this one out all week, but I have been unable to. Does it help out the offense more than it helps out the defense, or vice versa? How much does snow affect the passing game/running game?

Hopefully Cobb will have a good game, I sat Nicks and Alexander for him. Nicks had 16 points in my league, and Alexander had 27 points.

ouch...

He is definitely a viable option so we shouldnt expect complete duds like *cough* Myers, Rudolph, Brown and company :)

ouch...

He is definitely a viable option so we shouldnt expect complete duds like *cough* Myers, Rudolph, Brown and company :)

It hurts, but the rest of my team did good thanks to Charles, Ryan, Rice, and Marshall.

Can someone please explain to me how snow affects the offenses? I've been trying to figure this one out all week, but I have been unable to. Does it help out the offense more than it helps out the defense, or vice versa? How much does snow affect the passing game/running game?

There's no heavy accumulation. Your skill players should be fine.

It generally favors the offense, assuming no steady wind. Offensive players know when they're going to cut and will adjust to the slippery conditions a split second before the defensive player can.

There's no heavy accumulation. Your skill players should be fine.

But what if there was heavy accumulation? How does that affect the game?

ouch...

Don't jinx him!!!

(I'm looking for 3 TDs from Cobb as well as Stafford throwing 5 TDs, all screen passes to Leshoure.)