Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

baltimore_boy

Stephen Strasburg 2013 Outlook

657 posts in this topic

Stras has the skills to be the best pitcher in the league. With no limitation this year, will he be the fantasy ace and Cy Young contender everyone thinks he can be?

Stras has the skills to be the best pitcher in the league. With no limitation this year, will he be the fantasy ace and Cy Young contender everyone thinks he can be?

Simple answer: very possible. Strasburg has amazing stuff, I can't wait to see what he does this year with no innings limit. That Nats rotation is even more menacing this year than last year, and thats incredible to say.

Over 11 k/9 in over 250 career big league innings. I could see him wearing down at the end of the year, but definitley has the potential to be the #1 guy over the next few years. Love him. I'd probably take him 3rd SP overall after Kersh/Verlander.

Not sure who the other guys going in this area, but I'd much rather have Stras than Felix. More Ks and more wins.

Are we certain that he has no Innings Limit? I could see his innings limit just increasing as opposed to not having one at all. He was at 160 last season so I am skeptical they will let him go full bore right away. He will probably top out at 180.

He is still one of the top options for roto and I will probably target him ahead of Verlander or Kershaw. Not because I think he will do better but his price should be cheaper.

Are we certain that he has no Innings Limit? I could see his innings limit just increasing as opposed to not having one at all. He was at 160 last season so I am skeptical they will let him go full bore right away. He will probably top out at 180.

He is still one of the top options for roto and I will probably target him ahead of Verlander or Kershaw. Not because I think he will do better but his price should be cheaper.

I think if he does have an innings limit it will be higher... like 200. The Nationals kind of stuck to their guns with the whole innings limit thing and it may have cost them the World Series. If they had to do it all over again, I dont think they would. Hence, I do not think they want to have the innings limit really creep up this year, but I don't doubt they might announce an innings limit just to show they are still acting cautiously with their Ace.

I think they'll follow Zimmerman's recovery plan. He did 161 IP in 2011, then 195 last year. Look for Strasburg to end up betwwen 190-200 IP.

they don't let him go deep in games so I think he should make his full 32-34 starts and stay shy of 200 IP. he only missed about 5 starts last year and finished at 160ip.

they don't let him go deep in games so I think he should make his full 32-34 starts and stay shy of 200 IP. he only missed about 5 starts last year and finished at 160ip.

I think they'll let him go into games deep so long as the score is close and he's effective. I don't see them pushing him just to get complete games or shutouts with like a 5+ run lead.

I think they'll let him go into games deep so long as the score is close and he's effective. I don't see them pushing him just to get complete games or shutouts with like a 5+ run lead.

yeah we'll definitely have to see whether they kept pulling him at 100 pitches because of the TJ or because that's just how they're going to handle him. he went about 120 pitches early against the Mets and I don't think he sniffed even 105 pitches more than a few times after that.

either way I don't see him getting shut down or skipped barring injury.

It all starts tomorrow. Make it happen Big dog! No worries, Bryce and company will help you out. Forgive me, I'm pumped for the rest of the season to start.

complete game no hitter tomorrow; 3 intentional walks to stanton

not serious but wouldn't be shocked.

you are crazy if you think Strasburg is afraid of Stanton....

If it's a close game I'm sure Stanton gets walked if they have guys in scoring position and first base open. No reason not too.

while i am indeed crazy, i was merely exaggerating the unawesomeness that is the Florida Marlins lineup aside from the aforementioned Stanton.

If given the innings is 300 K's is possible, right?

With his stuff anything is possible, but 300 Ks is no easy task. That would be 103 Ks more than last year. I would be more than happy getting 250 from him.

Pulled after 80 pitches through 7 IP against Miami :(

I understand it's the first game and it's the Marlins so they don't really need him but I would like to see Davey take the leash off a little bit. He easily could have had his first CG of his career today

Strasburg done, Low pitch count

7.0 IP 3H 3K 0BB 0 RUNS in 80 pitches

Retired 20 of his last 22 hitters

7.0 IP 3H 0BB 0 RUNS in 80 pitches

how much ks?

7.0 IP 3H 0BB 0 RUNS in 80 pitches

Here we go, bullpen in to blow it.

Pulled after 80 pitches through 7 IP against Miami :(

I understand it's the first game and it's the Marlins so they don't really need him but I would like to see Davey take the leash off a little bit. He easily could have had his first CG of his career today

I agree. It sucks to see them pull him so soon. But early in the season they are still stretching pitchers out. Hopefully that's all this was. With that D behind him and their offense as well. He is going to win 20+ games