Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jbt310

Jason Avant 2012 Outlook Thread

20 posts in this topic

Didn't see a thread for Avant. With DJax on IR, he put up solid numbers against TB. Possibly a sneaky playoff pickup? Maclin had 14 targets to Avant's 9, but Avant led the Eagles in yardage.

I suppose he's a pretty solid pick-up, but if you need to pick him up and immediately start him after a nice showing against the worst secondary in the league that would lead me to wonder how you got into the playoffs...he's a bench guy for your playoff team at best. Not a guy you want to count on in a pivotal playoff tilt.

1 person likes this

Well for Dez owners like myself.. With a deep 18 teams league.. He's the best out there.. Especially in week 16 against weak Was pass def team

I suppose he's a pretty solid pick-up, but if you need to pick him up and immediately start him after a nice showing against the worst secondary in the league that would lead me to wonder how you got into the playoffs...he's a bench guy for your playoff team at best. Not a guy you want to count on in a pivotal playoff tilt.

I'm starting him in my 12-teamer where I've won seven straight because I'm down Harvin, DeSean and now Dez.

Posted · Hidden by The Harsh, December 11, 2012 - No reason given · Report post

I'm going to pick him up and possibly play him. I lost Harvin and (most likely) Nelson. It's either him or Givens. I'm not liking that its a Thursday game, I'd rather have the week to think it over. I'll probably go with Givens, and I'll be kicking myself as Avant will go for 70 yards and a touchdown on Thursday night.

I'm starting him in my 12-teamer where I've won seven straight because I'm down Harvin, DeSean and now Dez.

Ah I see, that's tough. Still no decision on my Bryant. I'd take a taped fingers Dez over any waiver wire guy. If he ends up being out, Avant would probably be a guy as good as any other.

Posted · Hidden by The Harsh, December 11, 2012 - No reason given · Report post

Would you guys pick him up over Rod Streater?

I'm thinking about picking up Avant since my league is 0.75 PPR, but the CIN pass D scares me (7th fewest pts to WRs). Thoughts?

I'm thinking about picking up Avant since my league is 0.75 PPR, but the CIN pass D scares me (7th fewest pts to WRs). Thoughts?

I really like what he did last week with Foles at QB. Was a yard away from a monster. Where does he normally line up?

I just worry that Foles won't play nearly as well or that it could easily be Riley Cooper or Maclin getting the majority of the targets this week.

The matchup against Cincy is also far more difficult than last week's against TB.

To me, Avant has a decent floor (say 4 catches for 40-50 yards) but (outside of PPR leagues) he lacks the upside of some other desperation/deep league plays like Rod Streater and Kris Durham (who is really intriguing to me this week, for some reason...)

exactly...if you're still playing now, you should have better WRs on your roster than jason avant, for god's sake.

exactly...if you're still playing now, you should have better WRs on your roster than jason avant, for god's sake.

We start up to four WRs. So yeah, I could possibly use him in my flex. Jennings against Chi isn't exactly an appealing matchup.

We start up to four WRs. So yeah, I could possibly use him in my flex. Jennings against Chi isn't exactly an appealing matchup.

Well note that a WR4 is typically a bench spot in most leagues, not a starting spot so we're actually in agreement...If you have to start 4 wideouts every week, I can see having to give him the go cuz Jennings didn't inspire owners to give him a second consecutive start last week...

I don't have the nerve to flex him in the semi-finals. I'll take Foles' performance against Tampa w/ a grain of salt...it's Tampa after all...

Apparently he's matching up against Leon Hall. So if you were thinking of starting him don't do it. I'm guessing he has something to the tune of 3 catches 40 yards.

I don't have the nerve to flex him in the semi-finals. I'll take Foles' performance against Tampa w/ a grain of salt...it's Tampa after all...

Phew...

1 person likes this

If you're this desperate, you'd probably rather roll with Riley Cooper. Getting more targets and end zone looks from Foles.