Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Patrick Bateman

MNF: 12.10.12 -- Houston Texans @ New England Patriots Game Thread

324 posts in this topic

Finally a juicy Monday Night Football matchup! The two top seeds in the AFC battling it out and playoff seedings are definitely on the line. AFC Championship preview? Could be and you couldn't draw up two more contrasting offensive styles. Houston is led by their zone blocking running attack which is paramount to setting up their boot/sprint out play action attack. Their base sets are two TEs and their entire game plan revolves around bring up your safeties to support the run.

The Patriots' offensive game plan is totally opposite. Based on the spread schemes you see in college, the Pats will be multiple with their alignments but want to spread you out to take advantage of matchups or weaknesses in a defense. They'll certainly run the ball but Brady controls the action and you'll see a lot of shorter passes as extensions of the running game. The Pats are a little banged up missing Gronk and Edelman as Brandon Lloyd has yet to find his footing in their scheme. Is this the game? They certainly will run the ball especially with only 6 in the box to keep teams honest.

How will the Texans get pressure on Brady, especially up the middle to get Brady off his mark?

How well will the Patriots set the edge vs the Texans stretch plays?

Can the Pats attack down the seams vs a suddenly leaky Texans secondary?

The Texans tend to come out passing vs good teams to try and take advantage of a defense geared to stop Foster, will we see the same?

Should be a fun one and I'm sure there are numerous fantasy owners needing big games from a multitude of players. Good luck and Post em'.

We need to keep a count of the amount of compliments that Jon Gruden makes towards players/coaches tonight. I'm thinking he is going to go over 75 tonight.

So I have a decent sized lead in my PPR league, I'm out of players, and my opponent has Foster, Andre Johnson, and Owen Daniels. How's the Pats DEF been of late?

So I have a decent sized lead in my PPR league, I'm out of players, and my opponent has Foster, Andre Johnson, and Owen Daniels. How's the Pats DEF been of late?

Playing their best football of the year.

Tate (hamstring) is active for Monday's contest at New England.

Spin:Tate was third on the depth chart behind Arian Foster and Justin Forsett in Week 13's win at Tennessee, so there's no telling what type of workload we can expect from Tate versus the Patriots. However, even when he's healthy, he isn't much of a fantasy factor, totaling 196 yards and two touchdowns across seven games.

We need to keep a count of the amount of compliments that Jon Gruden makes towards players/coaches tonight. I'm thinking he is going to go over 75 tonight.

I think he goes as far as complimenting James Casey for being able to play multiple positions, when discussing the Texans' "weapons" or after he catches a ball down the middle for 20 yards.

I think the Pats will tear them a new one. Houston's D is banged up and prone to giving up the big play over the top. I can see Lloyd having a great game (if he can actually hold onto the damn ball).

32-17 Pats.

Patriots to score just 23 at home? You are a brave man.

I just have a feeling. I know it doesn't make sense, but I just have a feeling here.

I just can't see the Texans falling on their faces again in a prime time game like they did versus the Packers. It will be a close one from the beginning to the end.

need Ridley and Hernandez to score two points, then get to face Rodgers, B Marshall, D Thomas, Lynch, Martin, and Richardson next week

Fantasy wise, I would love for the Pats to win. It would prevent certain teams from resting certain players.

4 people like this

Fantasy wise, I would love for the Pats to win. It would prevent certain teams from resting certain players.

Couldn't agree more.

1 person likes this

You have Tate. s'all good mang

You have Tate. s'all good mang

Unless it ends up being Forsett.