Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ChrisFarley

Kevin Youkilis 2013 Outlook

59 posts in this topic

Do you guys expect somewhat of a rebound season? Decent lineup. Couple of down seasons in a row though, clearly on the decline.

.270/70/25/80?

Yuck. Not liking the fact that he'll be wearing pinstripes. And those numbers are way too optimistic.

I'd say it'll be more like .250/70/20/70

Yuck. Not liking the fact that he'll be wearing pinstripes. And those numbers are way too optimistic.

what's not to like about it?

If he can stay healthy I think he'll have a very nice season. One of my leagues has a walk category so he'll certainly be on my radar.

From a fantasy perspective, nothing. From a baseball fan perspective, everything.

3 people like this

From a fantasy perspective, nothing. From a baseball fan perspective, everything.

Youk is very ugly and awkward looking without a goatee. Thats by far the worst part.

1 person likes this

So they actually found a replacement that is playing even worse defense on 3rd base and is even more injury prone than ARod. And they had to overpay for him as well :lol:

If the guy is healthy he should easily top 20 HRs especially at Yankee Stadium. He's a career .283 hitter. Your numbers seem to be more pessimistic than Farley's were optimistic.

Key,as always,will be his health.If he avoids some time off he could be a great option.He regressed over the years but we can't really know what's left in the tank if he doesn't play the whole season.I'll wait and see where he goes,would like to buy.

Any idea where he hits in the lineup? Could produce some counting stats if infront/behind the big boppers.

My guess is:

Jeter

Ichiro

Cano

Texiera

Youkilis

Personally I'm extremely leery on drafting him. He's held together with duct tape. He might be reasonably productive and if you can get him in the late late late rounds as a flier he might pay some huge dividends, but otherwise not touching him.

I will pass as well. He was serviceable at home w/ the White Sox but completely useless on the road.

If you like drama this is your guy to own. You also will have to have a computer friendly job to swap him out when he suffers through his usual 10-15 late scratch DNP with back tightness, groin tightness, quad tightness, hammy tightness, elbow tightness. #gettingoldsucks.

So they actually found a replacement that is playing even worse defense on 3rd base and is even more injury prone than ARod. And they had to overpay for him as well :lol:

Well really they had to sign stop gaps to 1 year deals because the new Yankee management is obsessed with getting under the $180MM threshold in 2014. Not really an overpay, if they sign all these players to multi year deals they'd actually end up owing quite a chunk of change in luxary tax.

Anyone know what Youk's triple slash was against Boston last season after the trade?

Over 3 games it was .417 / .462 / .833 for a grand total OPS of 1.295 he was out for revenge.

definitely off the radar.....wasn't even drafted in my learly leagues....still grabbed him post-draft bench for depth but not counting on him for much. Not a bad bench guy at this point.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems like his power and plate discipline are still there.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems like his power and plate discipline are still there.

He did have a career low in walks last year (51), so I don't know whether he was pressing, or has lost a step. His power has always been average (19 HRs), so it's not all that exciting. The only thing he had going for him was the lineup around him, and now with Tex and Granderson getting hurt, that's not even a plus. Depending on how deep your league is, he could go undrafted in quite a few leagues. I don't even know if he's a step up from a Ryan Ludwick-type.

If the guy is healthy

Ya and whens the last time that happened?

No complaints whatsoever about my 21st round starting 3rd basemen filling in for Lawie on the DL. Dinger today and he's batting .400. The yanks just need some offense!