Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yort1919

Top Minor Leaguers Who Will Have MLB Impact In 2013

In 2013? Correa has only 204 professional at bats, all in rookie ball. He's a long ways away from making an impact at the MLB level.

Buxton has even fewer at bats.

Russell is the farthest along of those youth bats, but is still only 19, and has 58 at bats above rookie ball. He'll likely start the year in the Midwest league again, and at most is in the Florida State league by the end of the year.

Springer is the most likely name from that list to make an impact at the MLB level this year. He has appealing power/speed combo which could certainly make him an interesting speculative add if he starts hot this year (likely AA). However, I have significant concerns about his ability to make contact at the higher levels. The power is certainly there, but he did play the majority of last year in Lancaster-which is about the biggest hitters' park on the planet.

What about the likes of George Springer, Carlos Correa, Byron Buxton, Addison Russell?

Correa, Buxton, and Russell probably won't hit the majors this year unless they are absolutely crushing the ball in the minors. They are all very young and inexperienced. Probably won't see any of those 3 until 2014.

Springer is definitely someone to watch for though. Houston appears destined for another awful year, so about all of their prospects should get a shot this year.

I did a young guns autodraft in yahoo just to see how it would go. Im actually pretty happy with my draft. Who do you think will be the first to make it to the bigs as a prospect? Taveras, Gyoko, Myers, Fernandez, etc. If you you have any other prospects that are promising give a hoot.

I did a young guns autodraft in yahoo just to see how it would go. Im actually pretty happy with my draft. Who do you think will be the first to make it to the bigs as a prospect? Taveras, Gyoko, Myers, Fernandez, etc. If you you have any other prospects that are promising give a hoot.

Haven't heard of this "Gyoko" kid...J/K Of those four, Gyorko and Myers.

Haven't heard of this "Gyoko" kid...J/K Of those four, Gyorko and Myers.

Gyoko is a Japanese player. Hit over .450 as a 17-year-old while playing stellar defense at SS. Some say he's the next Kazuo Matsui. Apparently he can also throw 98 mph. In case he struggles in the US as a hitter, he will be great closer material.

Some other names I am tracking.

Kolten Wong 2B Cardinals should go to AAA and show he does not have much left to prove.

Nick Franklin SS Mariners I think he should take over Brendan Harris at some point.

Travis D'Arnaud C Mets Highly regarded prospect looks to be the backstop for years to come.

Anthony Rendon 3B Nationals Yes,Zimmerman is there, but they have been giving him pt this spring at 2nd which would be huge.

There are many more and I will post some more as the Spring progresses.

Not sure if he'll make it up this year, but Arodys Vizcaino always intrigued me when he was with Atlanta. Anyone know when he is due back?

Arenado's looking like he might be ready this year. Three HRs so far this spring.

Some other names I am tracking.

Kolten Wong 2B Cardinals should go to AAA and show he does not have much left to prove.

Nick Franklin SS Mariners I think he should take over Brendan Harris at some point.

Travis D'Arnaud C Mets Highly regarded prospect looks to be the backstop for years to come.

Anthony Rendon 3B Nationals Yes,Zimmerman is there, but they have been giving him pt this spring at 2nd which would be huge.

There are many more and I will post some more as the Spring progresses.

It is also not out of the realm of possibility that he takes over for Ackley either. Especially since Franklin is basically a second basemen now.

Franklin's value will be limited in a fantasy setting. I wouldn't bother watching him.

Arenado's looking like he might be ready this year. Three HRs so far this spring.

Make it 4...

Franklin's value will be limited in a fantasy setting. I wouldn't bother watching him.

Why? Nick Franklin is actually a better fantasy prospect than he is a real life one due to his defensive shortcomings at Short. But he could basically be this year's Josh Rutledge...who provided value last year and is a popular name this year for drafts as well.

Franklin is going to be a middle infielder that has a decent chance of hitting around .270 with 15/15 potential. Even if you're not interested in acquiring him, he is definitely a name to watch.

I have a auction dynasty draft coming up. In the first starting line-up auction draft you can only select players currently on an MLB roster. Do you know where I can find a list of top 100 prospects that are still on MLB rosters or at least project to make one?

Thanks

Use www.fantasyrundown.com and click on the minor league section....all your answers are to be found there! hope this helps.

Great reference...lots of helpful info but Im still struggling to find an updated list on which of the top prospects are still up with the MLB club and haven't been reassigned to the minors.

The reason I ask is because in the auction part of my dynasty we are not allowed to take minor leaguers unless they are still up with the MLB club.

Thanks

I don't know what "still up" means in your league. In Yahoo they have an NA (not available) next to their name when the are not on a major league club. BUT this time of year their NA is pretty bogus.

Example: Yasmiel Puig is still a possibility of making the starting line-up as of today and happily does NOT have an NA by his name, cool. But Jackie Bradley hasn't been decided on as yet either but unlike Puig he has the NA by his name. And Jedd Gyorko has already made the opening day roster and Yahoo still has a NA by his name.

So if you have to use some major platform for your league format, things are a bit crazy. If you make your own rules, you will be open to debates no doubt. So good luck with all that.

What prospects do you forsee coming up and making a change, who will be the Trout and Harper of 2013. Is it finally time for Taveras to get his big break or will there be someone else that will claim the throne as 2013s biggest prospect.

Jackie Bradley Jr and Nolan Arenado may be the first 2 to get cracks at the top 2013 rookie. No one will ever have another rookie year like Trout though. That is borderline once in a life time type stuff.

Gyroko (SD) and Hicks (MN) are prospects also that may make an impact this year.

Think the success that Trout and Harper had last year is going to raise the bar to an extent that just coming and contributing isn't going to be good enough anymore

What prospects do you forsee coming up and making a change, who will be the Trout and Harper of 2013. Is it finally time for Taveras to get his big break or will there be someone else that will claim the throne as 2013s biggest prospect.

Yasiel Puig, Aaron Hicks, Jedd Gyorko, Shelby Miller, Zack Wheeler, Travis d'Arnaud, (maybe) Wily Peralta, Nolan Arenado, Wil Myers.

Jackie Bradley Jr and Nolan Arenado may be the first 2 to get cracks at the top 2013 rookie. No one will ever have another rookie year like Trout though. That is borderline once in a life time type stuff.

There may never be anyone who has ANY year like the one Trout had, let alone the fact that it was as a rookie.

A lot of these guys depend on injury. I think Profar is the most ready to play in the big leagues, but if Andrus and Kinsler stay healthy for the entire season I doubt he will see much time there. I think Puig is a guy who will see time in the majors if there is injury in the OF for the Dodgers. His spring numbers just cannot be ignored. I like Bundy's chances to come up too, I don't think the Orioles have a very strong 5 (Arrieta) and I think they'll give Bundy a shot after a few rough outings from Arrieta. Overall I'd say there are a lot of players that could get the call-up, they're just waiting on the opportunity.

Between Crawford and Ethier, I think one of them will go down sooner rather than later and Puig will be up.

A lot of these guys depend on injury. I think Profar is the most ready to play in the big leagues, but if Andrus and Kinsler stay healthy for the entire season I doubt he will see much time there. I think Puig is a guy who will see time in the majors if there is injury in the OF for the Dodgers. His spring numbers just cannot be ignored. I like Bundy's chances to come up too, I don't think the Orioles have a very strong 5 (Arrieta) and I think they'll give Bundy a shot after a few rough outings from Arrieta. Overall I'd say there are a lot of players that could get the call-up, they're just waiting on the opportunity.

I predict Gausman will be up before Bundy.