Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yort1919

Top Minor Leaguers Who Will Have MLB Impact In 2013

Posted · Hidden by The Harsh, April 11, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by The Harsh, April 11, 2013 - No reason given

Now I'm leaning towards Wheeler and Cingriani. Need the Ks and solid starts ASAP. Who do you prefer out of all the names mentioned. I keep having doubts on Wheeler. No idea why.

Where does anyone rank the order of when they get called up for Hultzen, Cingrani, and Wheeler. Would you also consider them the next 3 impact minor league SP to get called up or is there someone else I'm missing?

Id say Wheeler,Hultzen,Cingriani in that order. You could throw Archer into that mix... shouldnt be too long for him either.

Who do you see as the best guy for strikeouts?

I agree about Wil Myers. He'll be up as soon as Tampa gets that extra year. So end of April.

Didn't RotoRaysFan say that it might be late June because the Rays are so damn poor/cheap that they want to delay Super-2?

They are cheap, but Myers can be the difference between making the playoffs and not. And that alone means a lot of money. I don't think the Rays are so cheap to jeopardize a playoff spot. Since Myers spent so much time last year in AAA, the Rays know he's pretty much ready.

I agree about Wil Myers. He'll be up as soon as Tampa gets that extra year. So end of April.

Didn't RotoRaysFan say that it might be late June because the Rays are so damn poor/cheap that they want to delay Super-2?

They are cheap, but Myers can be the difference between making the playoffs and not. And that alone means a lot of money. I don't think the Rays are so cheap to jeopardize a playoff spot. Since Myers spent so much time last year in AAA, the Rays know he's pretty much ready.

You obviously haven't read The Story of Desmond Jennings.

So with the Cingrani watch over who are we all targeting as the next big call up?

So with the Cingrani watch over who are we all targeting as the next big call up?

Wheeler, Arrenado, Myers, Zunino

I like zunino. Montero has been awful and I can't see them sticking with him for long.

Year of the underdogs? Fernandez and Rendon both supposed to be down for most or all of the year, but yet both are up and it's only April 20.

Year of the underdogs? Fernandez and Rendon both supposed to be down for most or all of the year, but yet both are up and it's only April 20.

seriously.. next well see Taijuan Walker.lol

Anyone think Franklin comes up to replace Ackley on SEA soon?

I do. They need MI help pretty bad.

Stefan Romero?

Cingrani and Rendon, both Rice guys. Coincidence? :)

Injury to Hultzen and struggles for Wheeler. No idea who is next in line for a call up now.

I, admittedly, don't know much about prospects outside of some of the major ones like Bundy, Gausman, Taveras, Myers, Yelich, etc.

In this thread, I'd like to compile all of the prospects strongly rumored/likely to be called up immediately after the Super 2 cut-off (early-mid June) who can make a meaningful fantasy baseball impact this season.

Fire away!

I think Yelich, Wheeler, and Gausman should be up pretty quickly after it passes. All of their teams could definitely use them, and they've proven all they have to in the minors. Miami is desperate to get any type of fan support, Wheeler is pretty obviously big-league ready, and the O's rotation is really struggling right now.