Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

guambomb

Matt Barnes 2012-2013 Season Outlook

154 posts in this topic

This guy has been balling lately. He's one of those multicat guys, steals, blocks, threes, boards. Each game he consistently puts up numbers, I'm very tempted to grab him even on my 10 team league.

Clippers are so deep though that I keep holding back. What do you guys think of him?

I just picked him up. It's true the clippers are a really deep team, but if you have space i'd pick him up, he's still fairly productive with 20-25 min a game helping out with 3's, stls and blks, since those players are rare, can't hurt to pick him up

I really like him because he usually comes in with a couple minutes left in the 1st and 3rd quarters, which usually gives him enough time to pad those stats against 2nd stringers, and coach trusts him enough to usually play him almost the entire 2nd and 4th quarters especially if the game is close. If it's a blowout, he'll usually get his run anyway.

Provides stats across the board which is important for players with limited minutes or defined roles.

He goes through stretches where he teases every year, would be my only fear. That, and the depth issue in LA.

Yea he's done this for a while now. When Grant Hill comes back it will cut his minutes though

At which point Caron Butler will be out. No change.

i just picked up Barnes. He seems to be consistently getting 25+ minutes per game and chips in about 15 pts and 4-5 asists/rebounds per game. Nice addition in a deep league this far into season. Grab him if you can.

Probably nothing much, I cant see Hill getting that many minutes..as long as Barnes keeps playing the way he does he should still get 23-25 minutes.

Worth picking up in a 10 man league? I'm thinking on dropping him for J-Rich, but his foul trouble and the depth issue worries me. It seems like he's only playing this well because the Clippers are on a win streak..

This guy just doesn't get it. We aren't supposed to want to pick up Matt Barnes. When is he gonna get real and stop playing so well. Sheesh.

Great first half tonight. This guy can't be on any WWs in any credible league. Great player on one of the best teams in the league. Sixth Man of the Year candidate.

Just dropped J-Rich for him! I love how consistent he's become and hopefully he can keep it up ROS.

The only guy on basketball wifes this guy may continue to be okay as he will do anything for a little fame.

Man regretting not picking this guy up this week since Clippers play on the slow days (today, thursday, and sunday). Either way I think after this performance and his performances the past few weeks he deserves some love! I'm thinking he should be owned in way more than 27% of leagues... his steals + blocks combination is absolutely ridiculous. Don't see why people would rank Kawhi higher than him seeing as they do the same things and should share equal lovin'.

1 person likes this

wow, he is doing better than expected tonight.. Picked him up this week for streaming since he plays on slow nights.