Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shanghaichamp

Carmelo Anthony 2012-2013 Season Outlook

194 posts in this topic

Fantasy owners can only hope that was a minor injury associated with that foul by Howard

scored 30 in 22 mins on the court. Thats just beasting. Get well Melo. We need you.

Have to be top 3 for MVP of the NBA...hope it is minor. Melo is a tough dude that determined to be in the discussion with LBJ Wade, he'll be back strong

Pretty awkward landing. Maybe out a game or two. He was killing the Lakers before that injury.

That fact that the Lakers still lost after a guy who was shooting 10/15 with 30 points early in the 3rd left with an injury tells you this team is in trouble.... On a side note: Melo is ballin' but honestly guys this is nothing new... Every year I feel like he is undervalued, when he is one of about 3 players in the league that on a nightly basis can score above 30 points/g (LeBron, Kobe, and Durant). So I don't really understand why all of a sudden he is pegged as an MVP when he is doing what he's done his whole career. Either way, hope he gets back soon.

The guy that started this thread earlier today jinxed us all!!!

I think he'll be out a week or two. Looked serious and he was in a lot of pain. High ankle sprain?

Btw, poster above, Melo was never this good fantasy wise. He was always better in real life than fantasy. Just look at his fantasy rankings. He's playing on another level this year, both real life and fantasy.

1 person likes this

The only thing difference about Carmelo's fantasy stats from this year and his previous are the 3's... and honestly, if him not shooting 2 threes a game makes him a 2nd rounder but he gets me 28pts/7rbs off good %'s, then by all means I'll take it. So actually if you look at game, he is on his averages in about every category this year... much like he was in past years with the exception of 3's... So how was he not a good fantasy player before? because people undervalued him, just like you did right there - by going off what rankings suggest. Rankings are skewed by 3's... especially Yahoo they are notorious for giving leeway to players who put up 3's. Now I'm not saying Carmelo expanding his range and giving us 3's is a bad thing... I'm just saying I don't see the different between him now and in the past. That's all... tangent done.

Just traded for him, though I'm kinda worried that an MRI or X-ray hasn't been done. Hope it's because it wasn't serious enough to warrant one.

In my world, "day to day" means "out indefinitely."

Carmelo Anthony (ankle) was doing shooting drills on Tuesday, but he remains questionable to play on Wednesday.

Melo's availability likely won't be determined until Wednesday, and it's possible we won't know if he'll play until right before tipoff. If he is forced to sit again, Chris Copeland could draw another start in his place.

Carmelo went down hard, and very akwardly. I told my girlfriend, the minute it happened, that this is not an ankle sprain. It literally looked like he tore his MCL. I'm not trying to jinks the guy, but I found it funny that the announcers were so caught up in talking about themselves during the game, that they barely talked about the possible MVP of the NBA seriously injuring himself. The Knicks have EVERYTHING riding on this guy, so they are either.

1. Praying this will magically heal

2. Know this is serious, but trying to keep it on the hush so New York doesn't think it's the end of the world.

He wouldn't be doing shooting drills and be seen walking around if he tore his MCL. However the pain may be of the lingering variety and keep him from playing full press tonight or however long it takes to subside

I'm saying it looked like it. I could be wrong, but did you see him go down, or how much pain he was in?

I mean yea it looked nasty but he got up and was able to limp off. Im no expert but it looked like a classic sprain to me

I agree this could linger, and effect his play going forward. I'm sure he didn't tear it, but there was more than a sprained ankle going on with that fall.

I guess we have to wait and see. Your more likely to be right, but I just have a feeling the Knicks are hiding something.