Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bballshinobi

2012-13 All-Star Voting

33 posts in this topic

I think they need to start putting basketball IQ requirement for people that are voting for NBA All Stars...

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/12/13/2013-all-star-ballot-update-1/

Chris Paul is only about 50,000 ahead of Jeremy Lin for the #2 spot in the Western Conference backcourt.

Lin has 100,000 more vote than James Harden, and more vote than Russell Westbrook, Tony Parker, and Manu Ginobili combined.

Yikes...

Please go vote for Chris Paul: http://www.nba.com/ASB

Stern will fix the voting, just like he does for everything else. Yi Jianlian was pretty close before too, he might have even been in had it not been for Stern rigging it.

1 person likes this

It's a fan vote. It's who the fans want to see. It's an exhibition. And it's just for the starters. Relax.

Also don't blame the Chinese. There were plenty of years Tmac, AI, or Carter would make the team and didn't deserve to either.

There are still 7 or so guys who get voted on by the coaches. Maybe Curry will get screwed out of an all-star nod this year if Lin gets to start, but the main guys will all be there on the bench if they don't start.

2 people like this

lets be real, though...Lin played has played at an all-star level, and while there are much better choices, theres also much worse.

lets be real, though...Lin played has played at an all-star level, and while there are much better choices, theres also much worse.

Sarcasm?

It's a fan vote. It's who the fans want to see. It's an exhibition. And it's just for the starters. Relax.

Also don't blame the Chinese. There were plenty of years Tmac, AI, or Carter would make the team and didn't deserve to either.

There are still 7 or so guys who get voted on by the coaches. Maybe Curry will get screwed out of an all-star nod this year if Lin gets to start, but the main guys will all be there on the bench if they don't start.

Nailed it

Posted · Hidden by Timmah!, December 15, 2012 - At best, it's a weak joke; at worst, it's subtle racism. · Report post

Maybe the Chinese cant really see who they are voting for? Cause you know....

3 people like this

Posted · Hidden by Timmah!, December 15, 2012 - reply to Hidden Content · Report post

Maybe the Chinese cant really see who they are voting for? Cause you know....

Uncalled for

Lmao Lin is a subpar PG who should thank Dantoni and give him a third of that contract.

I was thinking Steph Curry definitely deserves to be in this year's all star game.

Real question is, will Josh Smith get snubbed AGAIN this year?

Sarcasm?

I think Now_I_Know's comment is dead on. Lin has so far played at a level that is right there, to where you couldn't complain too much about him making the All-Star team.

Hell Derrick Rose will probably make The All-Star game, that's gotta be much less deserving.

Sarcasm?

I think Now_I_Know's comment is dead on. Lin has so far played at a level that is right there, to where you couldn't complain too much about him making the All-Star team.

Hell Derrick Rose will probably make The All-Star game, that's gotta be much less deserving.

11 points on 39% FT, and 6.1 astst on 2.7 TO is good enough for AllStar consideration...? Are the Rockets 25-0 or something? What am I missing here...?

Sarcasm?

Bynum is a prime candidate this year.

The all-star game is un-watchable in my opinion, I could care less if the starting line-up was Yao-Yi-Lin-Sun Yu-Tabusa haha. It has nothing to do with how good a player is, and if it did, there wouldn't be 3 All-NBA teams you know??

The all-star game is un-watchable in my opinion, I could care less if the starting line-up was Yao-Yi-Lin-Sun Yu-Tabusa haha. It has nothing to do with how good a player is, and if it did, there wouldn't be 3 All-NBA teams you know??

they should have 2 on 2's like Lebron/Wade vs. KD/Westbrook but the players would never agree to it since it would be too embarrassing if they lose or something...

1 person likes this

they should have 2 on 2's like Lebron/Wade vs. KD/Westbrook but the players would never agree to it since it would be too embarrassing if they lose or something...

That would be amazing, even 3 on 3 or 1 on 1 would draw crazy ratings, really what other sport could even get away with that?? I think more players would be into it than you think though, you always hear guys talking s**t about who they could beat, but I guess talk is cheap so maybe you're right.

I like watching the NBA All Star game and easily more than the Pro Bowl, NHL Game, or MLB All Star Game. I'd venture to say they easily have the best ASG in pro sports. While it could be improved and is far from perfect... cut them SOME slack. It's meant to be a fun weekend and rest for the players....not competitive.

2 people like this

Sarcasm?

not saying for the season, but for his stint last year as NY's starter, he was playing with the best of 'em....and the game where Harden was out proved that he is still very capable.