Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bmoss12

Week 8 Waiver Wire Touts

44 posts in this topic

Prince looked pretty bad last night. Ivan Johnson stringing together some nice games

Mod Edit: This seems like a good starting point for the new week, so we'll begin here. Please remember to offer some reasoning for your tout and refrain from Roster advice requests. Thanks!

derrick williams. could have improved production with rubio playing now. he put up 17 last game. injuries to kirilenko are likely IMO, and Minny doesn't have the greatest sf dept with budinger out, and howard is insurance.

picked him up in my 20 teamer.

Many people looking at Bismack? Could rack up the blocks if minutes remain 30+

I like him, if he gets 30 mins a night he could average around 8 boards and 1.5 blocks.

It's MMorris, not GSmith, who takes 2Pat's place in the Rockets starting lineup.

Also, MWP may have been dropped in some leagues due to his FG%.

And, despite the fussing in the ED thread, over lack of PT, he still had a fine game.

Lamar Odom seems to slowly be picking up his game.

Thoughts going forward? Just picked him up in a 14 team league, in place of Markieff Morris.

Anybody buying Greg Smith's value in deep leagues?

I think he gets solid minutes (~ low 20+) with Patterson out. Long-term, I think he is about the only solid defensive post presence the Rockets have.

Thoughts going forward? Just picked him up in a 14 team league, in place of Markieff Morris.

Are you saying you dropped Markieff for Odom? Madness.

Cisco Garcia as a pick and play for this week?

depends on how good-to-go reke is

Cisco should be a good add for the week. Guaranteed Reke is not going strong this week he pulled early from the last game and same problem he already rested for 5 games. I personally think he keeps trying to come back too early and worsens it. I am starting to get a bit worried personally. Anywhoo. Good short term value for Cisco and even Salmons I believe.

Their just too many options in L.A. for Lamar to have fantasy appeal, i'd stay away...if its not too late i'd pick Morris back up.

Alan Anderson of Toronto has been killing it since Barg been out

this dude in my league literally sniped him a second before me...pretty pissed.

this dude in my league literally sniped him a second before me...pretty pissed.

i just looked in my league and someone picked him up 2 hours ago,dang!

Jodie Meeks looks to be the new starting SG for LAL; based on his recent performance, I can see why;

Kobe moves to SF and as long as Kobe's game doesn't suffer, this could work moving forward:

PG-Nash

SG-Meeks

SF-Kobe

PF-Gasol

C-Howard

6th-MWP

7th Jamison

Even if it wouldn't stick, Meeks has been killing it with 3PM and stls over the past 2-3 weeks;

If he isnt taken yet, grab him.....before he is announced everywhere as the new starter

1 person likes this

Even if it wouldn't stick, Meeks has been killing it with 3PM and stls over the past 2-3 weeks;

If he isnt taken yet, grab him.....before he is announced everywhere as the new starter

Yeah! He just has!

Report: Jodie Meeks to start at SG for Lakers

The Orange County Register's Kevin Ding reported after Tuesday's game that Jodie Meeks is expected to start at shooting guard going forward for the Lakers, pushing Kobe Bryant to small forward, and Metta World Peace to the bench.

Meeks had 17 points, three rebounds, two assists and five 3-pointers on 5-of-13 shooting tonight, and Meeks is averaging 16 points, four rebounds and just over three 3-pointers per game over his last four, all off the bench. If you need 3-pointers, picking up Meeks looks like a great idea.

Make the switch while you still can... I just did. ;)

1 person likes this

Yup, he's worth a stash. He just needs the coach to be fired next.

Anybody grabbin Isiah Thomas on news that Tyreke is out?

1 person likes this

Thomas should be starting; I really like Aaron Brooks game...COMING OFF THE BENCH and playing the combo guard role (Jarrett Jack-type role)

Cousins needs more minutes even when he is struggling...He has to learn from his mistakes in order to improve...in what is likely already a lost season...

What this coach is doing to Thornton's minutes is borderline criminal