Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eman0

Breakout Players Thread 2012-2013 Edition

62 posts in this topic

Sometimes, some players are just a trade /coach firing / Injury away to become fantasy monsters.

I have in mind Derrick Favors in Utah, but he was already on this list last season. Maybe the organization will finally get rid of Millsap or Jefferson..

Ed Davis seems to have a lot of fans here too.

So who do you think are the players to target for the second part of the season?

Drummond fits perfectly in this thread.

IT2...not sure what's happening with the kings this year.

I picked up Andrew Nicholson hoping he gets some playing time. I might have to send him back to the wire until big baby gets injured.

1 person likes this

Millsap. Right now Millsap is producing around 5th round value averaging 31 minutes a game, but if he gets traded to a situation where he's let loose, he could produce closer to 1st round value on 32-35 minutes a game. Too much competition right now in Utah.

Yea both Favors and Millsap would benefit from a trade, Isaiah Thomas if the Kings make a deal or they finally realize he's the best PG there, Bledsoe(not gonna happen),

How about any player that gets a starting gig as a result of a trade? Just a thought.

As the original poster mentioned, Favors is one of the best candidates to break-out in the 2nd half if either Milsap or AlJeff are traded. His great Per 36 MPG stats the last couple seasons are a strong indicator of what his #'s will look like if given a lot of minutes.

Jared Sullinger future double-double machine, Drummond is already mentioned, maybe Greg Smith if he gets enough playing time.

Tiago Splitter, Aaron Brooks, MarShon Brooks, Jae Crowder, Markieff Morris, Hasheem Thabeet, James Johnson, Jimmy Butler

Tiago Splitter, Aaron Brooks, MarShon Brooks, Jae Crowder, Markieff Morris, Hasheem Thabeet, James Johnson, Jimmy Butler

Aaron brooks? are you kidding ?

enes kanter will benefit the most if millsap or a.jefferson are moved. blatche showed what he can do with PT. jeremy lin would be a lot better in a system where he plays less off the ball. deron williams would be a first rounder ala his utah days with a more suitable system, as well.

1 person likes this

Tyler Zeller

If he overtakes Thompson or if Varejao gets dealt (and the Cavs do not get a starting big back in the deal), I think Zeller could be a very productive fantasy asset if he gets 30+ minutes. He should boast good %'s (his FT is uncharacteristically low right now, he was a 75-80% in college finishing his senior year at 80.8%) with close to double-double production and provide decent value in stocks (slightly over 1 block while slightly under 1 steal).

Keep an eye on him, thank me later... ;)

3 people like this

Marco Bellineli might take over the bulls' starting SG position even if Rip Hamilton comes back from his injury, he has been playing really well

Tyler Zeller

If he overtakes Thompson or if Varejao gets dealt (and the Cavs do not get a starting big back in the deal), I think Zeller could be a very productive fantasy asset if he gets 30+ minutes. He should boast good %'s (his FT is uncharacteristically low right now, he was a 75-80% in college finishing his senior year at 80.8%) with close to double-double production and provide decent value in stocks (slightly over 1 block while slightly under 1 steal).

Keep an eye on him, thank me later... ;)

I like this. He's already begun taking minutes from Thompson. At worst, he will end up in a timeshare with Thompson by the end of the season.

Some others to look out for..

Terrence Ross - Pietrus, Kleiza, Fields all in front of this guy on the depth chart.. :blink:

Jonas Jerebeko/Austin Daye. Why Frank refuses to see what he has in these two players on a team that is annually bad is beyond me. Get rid of the coach or finally trade Tayshaun Prince.

Andrew Nicholson

Ramon Sessions - Always the case with this guy. If if if

Toney Douglas

Meyers Leonard

Eric Bledsoe

Javale McGee

Ersan Illyasova, if a few pieces in the Bucks front court get moved, he will have the full keys to reach his 14/9/1/1/1 potential, as long Skiles isn't being a jackass and benches him.

Eric Bledsoe: If the clippers were bad I'd already be stashing him. Don't see them trading him

1 person likes this

Eric Bledsoe: If the clippers were bad I'd already be stashing him. Don't see them trading him

Mini-lebron numbers if given over 30 mpg.

1 person likes this

Aaron Brooks

Aaron brooks? are you kidding ?

Umm no, I'm not kidding. Are you ill-informed?

For super deep leagues, Greg Smith should probably be on this list. His per 36 numbers compare favorably to Drummond's.

1 person likes this