Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WestCoastMets

Would you rather?... have the team you started with vs team you ended with?

16 posts in this topic

I'm a pretty active GM. In my main league, I made 45 moves (so far) not including 5 in-season trades. My team looks much, much different now than the team I drafted. There were some things I wish I could take back, and some things I wish I would have done sooner. But at the end of the day, I'm in the championship game, and I'd much rather have the team I have now than the team I drafted.

Started With - Ended With

QB: Philip Rivers - RG3

WR1: Calvin Johnson - Miles Austin

WR2: Torrey Smith - Torrey Smith

WR3: Kendall Wright - Stevie Johnson

RB1: Ray Rice - Ray Rice

RB2: DeMarco Murray - DeMarco Murray

TE: Jermichael Finley - Aaron Hernandez

WRT1: Ahmad Bradshaw - Steven Jackson

WRT2: Kevin Smith - CJ Spiller

DEF: NY Giants - NY Jets

Anyone else think they made their team better though GMing? Or did your moves blow your chances at the title?

The team I started with got me to the ship this weekend. 12 team league. With the 8th pick.

1st pick: Tom Brady

2nd pick: Adrian Peterson

3rd pick: Marshawn Lynch

4th pick: Steve Smith

5th pick: Dez Bryant

6th pick: Vincent Jackson

7th pick: Tony Gonzalez

8th pick: Chicago Defense

I've made my team better by grabbing Morris on opening day before the kick off. Picked up Dalton the 3rd week. And pick up Cecil shorts later on during the year.

But I don't start the pickups that much. Going to the ship this weekend and hope I win!

Started - Ended

QB: Romo and Cassell - Brady and Romo (Pretty obvious take the end product)

RB: McFadden, Doug Martin, Mark Ingram, Robert Turbin, Ronnie Hillman, Bernard Pierce and Vick Ballard ended McFadden, Jamaal Charles, Steven Jackson, Fred Jackson, Daniel Thomas - I would prefer the latter.

WR: Demaryious Thomas, Hakeem Nicks, Dez Bryant, James Jones, Josh Gordon - ended with Nicks, Dez, VJax and Brandon Lloyd

TE: Jimmy Graham and Martellus Bennett ended Brandon Myers and Tony Moeaki

Other than TE, my team was much better after the dealings, unfortunately I dealt away a lot of great keepers at best for a 3rd Place finish.

Keepers with no trades: Dough Martin $23, Martellus Bennett $2, Demaryious Thomas $3, Josh Gordon $2, Jimmie Graham $9, Vick Ballard and Hillman $1 Each.

Keepers next year??? Myers $1 and Legatron $2. Very weak!!!

The team I started with got me to the ship this weekend. 12 team league. With the 8th pick.

1st pick: Tom Brady

2nd pick: Adrian Peterson

3rd pick: Marshawn Lynch

4th pick: Steve Smith

5th pick: Dez Bryant

6th pick: Vincent Jackson

7th pick: Tony Gonzalez

8th pick: Chicago Defense

I've made my team better by grabbing Morris on opening day before the kick off. Picked up Dalton the 3rd week. And pick up Cecil shorts later on during the year.

But I don't start the pickups that much. Going to the ship this weekend and hope I win!

Honestly it doesn't surprise me you made the championship in that league.....Bellcow back who was taken late first early second in any 12 person draft I've ever looked at this year, Lynch fell to you in the third.....

Team I Drafted

QB - Matthew Stafford/Peyton Manning

WR - Calvin Johnson

WR - Demaryius Thomas

WR - Hakeem Nicks

RB - Adrian Peterson

RB - Jonathan Stewart

TE - Greg Olsen

K - Rob Bironas

DEF - Philadelphia/Denver

Team I have now:

QB - Cam Newton

WR - Calvin Johnson

WR - Larry Fitzgerald

WR - Justin Blackmon

RB - Adrian Peterson

RB - Arian Foster

Flex - James Jones

K - Dan Bailey/Blair Walsh

DEF - Denver/NE

Larry Fitzgerald has not started in 6 weeks for me. It's been a rotation of T. Smith, Blackmon, Ja. Jones, S. Moss.

Stafford is on the bench. A lot happened in between these two teams. I had Doug Martin for 5 weeks and he was involved in a trade for Foster and Newton.

I say, I like my team now....I finished strong after I stopped making moves at the trade deadline. No cash for waivers as well. I've been using the same team for 5-6 weeks, playing matchups, etc. In this last 6-7 week span, I have scored 200 points, 4 times.

I've been a pretty active GM ever since I have started, this year, i'm in the ship! I missed the championship by 3.50 points last year.

Draft (excluding IDP)

Tom Brady

Trent Richardson

Brandon Marshall

Darren Sproles

Jeremy Maclin

Robert Griffin III

Eric Decker

C.J. Spiller

Jermichael Finley

Titus Young

Bears D

Rashad Jennings

Chad Johnson

Billy Cundiff

Ryan Williams

The italicized players are no longer on my team, the rest of the players on my current team were acquired from the waiver wire. As I typically do with my teams, I thrive from the waiver wire and stupid decisions by my opponents (dropping VJax for me!) :D

Both teams currently in the Finals. Drafted team on left, current team on right

QB-RG3-Brady

WR- AJ Green-Calvin Johnson

WR- Percy Harvin-Miles Austin

RB- Rice-Rice

RB- Murray-Murray

RB/WR-Spiller (Jackson)-Spiller/McCoy

TE- Hernandez-Witten

K-Hanson-Hanson

Def- Seattle-Seattle

and

QB- Freeman-Romo

WR- Nicks-Nicks

WR- Thomas-Thomas

WR- Steve Smith-Cecil Shorts

TE- Fred Davis-Jermaine Gresham

K- Nugent-Prater

Def- Buffalo-Denver

Best trade of my dynasty career haha.. In July I traded Stafford and V.Jack for AP. At the draft I traded James Anderson LB Carolina for Kyle Rudolph. Had a pretty good draft, took Daryl Richardson in the 4th rd and Jerrell Freeman LB IND in the 5th. Turned out to be a good draft for me. But its always the moves you dont make that you remember the most aka D. Alexander, K. Moreno.

Hopefully Purple Jesus can give me a win this year. Being stupid ive lost the last two years by a combined 6 points.

Here are my offensive Starters

Rodgers

AP

Charles

Ridley

Julio

Rudolph

Started with: Cam Newton, Stevie Johnson, Jeremy Maclin, Marques Colston, Jamaal Charles, Ray Rice, Aaron Hernandez, Ben Tate, Michael Bush, Dexter McCluster, Willis MacGahee, Dan Bailey, Seahawks D

Ending with: Cam Newton, Brandon Marshall, Danny Amendola, Danario Alexander, Jamaal Charles, Ray Rice, Aaron Hernandez, Knowshon Moreno, Alfred Morris, Jeremy Maclin, DeAngelo Williams, RG3, Dan Bailey, Patriots D

I think i've improved my team by adding Marshall, needed Rg3 while Cam was being sub par, don't think i've gave up too much to get him (Colston + Bush for Rg3), i've been missing a consistent WR2 but I've been ok rotating Denarius Moore, Danario Alexander and Maclin in. Running back depth has never been a problem, Knowshon has been great through the last couple of weeks and has carried me to the championship along with Cam.

Most of my big leagues don't allow trading because they are part of a large nationwide multi-league contest, but in my Yahoo leagues I made 1 big trade on each team:

First one: traded away AP/Rivers for Peyton/Demaryius Thomas -- this occurred around Week 7 or 8, AP was having a solid year, but go back and look at his numbers to that point, he wasn't looking anything like he's looked this 2nd half. I wouldn't make the trade today, but all-in-all it solidified my QB slot (in a 6 pt passing TD league) and I'm in the finals (and the other guy didn't even make the playoffs), so can't really complain how it's turned out for me.

Other league: traded away Demaryius Thomas for Chris Johnson & Jeremy Maclin -- this happened Week 12, it's a PPR league, but receiving yardage is only 1 per 25 yards with non-decimal scoring, so 99 yards is worth 3 points -- naturally I weight RB's way stronger in this format. Week 12, I got crushed on the exchange, but since it's been a landslide in my favor and has shored up my RB2 & Flex spots with now 3 RB's to choose from (CJ, Murray or R.Bush), while only downgrading Demaryius to Maclin (who's proceeded to outscored Demaryius over the last month). In the finals against the guy I made the deal with, so we'll see who wins this one this week.

Started-->Ended

QB: Matt Ryan-->Matt Ryan

WR1: Andre Johnson-->Andre Johnson

WR2: Hakeem Nicks-->Hakeem Nicks

WR3: Sidney Rice-->Miles Austin

RB1: DeMarco Murray-->DeMarco Murray

RB2: BJGE-->Moreno

TE1: Vernon/Witten--> Witten

I had a few weeks during the season where I was starting scrubs, especially at RB but stuck to my guns and kept my WR core together (turning down many trade offers in the process), and finally got DeMarco back and snagged Moreno and am now in the ship

Team I drafted:

QB - Newton, Locker

WR - A Johnson, Llyod, Bryant, Blackmon

RB - Foster, Charles, Martin, Ingram, Benson, Hunter

TE - Finley

K - Bailey

DEF - Philadelphia

plenty of waiver wire and free agent pick ups in between ... 37 moves in total ...

Team I ended wth:

QB - Newton, Kaepernick

WR - A Johnson, Bryant, Cruz

RB - Foster, Charles, Martin, Moreno, B Brown (McGahee - IR)

TE - A Hernandez, Gresham

K - Bryant

DEF - New England, Detriot

and ended up in the championship game with ...

My only trade, and the only trade in the whole league was my Lloyd and LeShore for his Cruz

glad no took me up on my offers to trade A Johnson or Dez Bryant or Martin .... though regreting in hindsight not trading Martin for AP ... and not keeping either Cobb or James Jones around long enough ...

There's a new guy in my league this year who's never played before. He only made 3 moves and that was for a bye week defense and kicker and a backup TE for his injured one. He still made the playoffs and is playing for 3rd place. And then there's a guy who made 72 moves who's in the championship game...

There's a new guy in my league this year who's never played before. He only made 3 moves and that was for a bye week defense and kicker and a backup TE for his injured one. He still made the playoffs and is playing for 3rd place. And then there's a guy who made 72 moves who's in the championship game...

i'm that type of guy.