Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LyondellBasell

Jorge de la Rosa 2013 Outlook

59 posts in this topic

When last we saw Jorge, he was pitching in meaningless games for the Rockies after having his TJ rehab setback a few times.

2012 gave us a pretty small sample size. 3 GS. 10 IP. 5 HR! Only 2 walks (very a-typical). 6 Ks.

It's all pretty meaningless. Bottom line is I think you get him very late, and i have full confidence in him at the very least being a source of Ks.

When last we saw Jorge, he was pitching in meaningless games for the Rockies after having his TJ rehab setback a few times.

2012 gave us a pretty small sample size. 3 GS. 10 IP. 5 HR! Only 2 walks (very a-typical). 6 Ks.

It's all pretty meaningless. Bottom line is I think you get him very late, and i have full confidence in him at the very least being a source of Ks.

If you're talking last couple picks of the draft late he could be worth it. But Jorge De La Rosa never was really anything to get too excited about and now fully recovered from Tommy John I need to see something before I put much faith in this guy.

What are people's thoughts on De La Rosa? Last start at San Fran gave up a first inning HR but had a line of 6 IP 3 ER 6 H 1 BB 3 Ks. Pitches at San Diego and home against DBacks next 2 starts.. Did anyone happen to watch him throw? Was having a great year in 2011 before Tommy John

For most leagues, only relevant as a streamer when he's on the road. Maybe keep an eye out for a 2nd half surge, that tends to happen after TJ.

he was dealing today... un-touchable... vintage jdlr ... yea, it was the padres, but whatever ... he goes for the strikeout, that's why i love him.

Very encouraging start today. If he's back like we saw him a couple of seasons ago, he'll be a big fantasy asset for those who get him off waivers.

he's very good

Even in his best days, he's never been "very good".

He's an add in deeper leagues...that's about it at this point. Between coming off of surgery, to pitching half his games in Coors, to the way the Rocks handle their starters...he's not likely to be a great option. The ERA is likely to be over 4.00.

Gonna start him @ARI. Only real negative is that they saw him last week. Still, he's pitching well so far, has excellent numbers against Arizona, ARI struggles against lefties, and his team is scoring plenty of runs.

6IP 5h 2bb 2er 5k with a victory; 90 pitches.

He's been one of best starters to date in an NL only league, and the way the Dbacks are hitting the past two weeks, he's a virtual lock for a QS even at that park!

career 6.22 ERA, 1.72 WHIP in 9 career starts vs the Dodgers. Granted those stats came from the old, wild De La Rosa, the Dodgers are a completely different team from then and he's not at Coors tonight.

Still... I think he will burn a lot of people finally picking him up trying to chase his season stats in what appears to be an easy matchup. Expecting decent k's and a low-end WHIP

Thats gonna be tonight as i finally gave in and picked him up :)

yankees don't hit lefties well. Might do the unthinkable and roll him out there @Coors next time

yankees don't hit lefties well. Might do the unthinkable and roll him out there @Coors next time

called it.

edit: I love tooting my own horn B)

Must own

ehhhhh I wouldn't go that far. But I like him in deeper leagues

Starting him, absolutely. Not streaming though. I've had de la Rosa in the fold for a while now. He's been super.

Doesn't look like he's got it tonight. :unsure:

i sit him vs cardinals... start him tonight... woa is me me me

1 person likes this

gets the underrated padres next. Loving him but he's been super lucky with a fortunate schedule so far. Not feeling too great for Friday but I'm still holding on