LyondellBasell

Brett Anderson 2013 Outlook

Hopefully, this isn't anything serious. He's starting to profile like a left-handed Rich Harden. Huge talent, but just very fragile.

OAK was warming guys up in the BP before the inning ended. For that reason I don't think it's surprising they just yanked him. He didn't look injured in any way - he just didn't have it tonight.

Anyone not expecting Brett Anderson to get injured is silly.

Still sucks.

And I've had more injuries than anyone else in my league. Luckily I don't think very much of this guy. Too bad

Yup, guy with a career 3.60 era sucks. And everyone can predict injury. No one cares about your team or your league. Cool story.

I phrased that wrong I definitely don't think Anderson "sucks!!!"

I meant it sucks that he got injured even though it was absolutely expected

OAK was warming guys up in the BP before the inning ended. For that reason I don't think it's surprising they just yanked him. He didn't look injured in any way - he just didn't have it tonight.

Yeah, but I don't see a manager torching his bullpen but because a guy doesn't have it. He has to be hurt, or not right, or else you let him throw more than 1 inning and 36 pitches. Pulling him makes no sense if he's healthy.

Yeah, but I don't see a manager torching his bullpen but because a guy doesn't have it. He has to be hurt, or not right, or else you let him throw more than 1 inning and 36 pitches. Pulling him makes no sense if he's healthy.

This ^

Strike zone is about the size of a postcard tonight, at least for the A's pitchers. Even when Scribner came in, typical strikes were not being called strikes to Zobrist. Not an excuse, but he was getting more frustrated than anything by being squeezed..

A's home channel is right in line with HP, so no off set angle, bad umping to a degree. Still no mention of injury from the parent broadcasting crew.

What a waste of a draft pick. I'm still waiting for this guy to show any sort of resemblance of being an "ace." Pathetic.

Ick. When healthy, he can be a Zimmermann comp. not sure what happened but something ain't right....

With Anderson potentially hurt, Straily makes a nice add for leagues in which he's available.

Anyone jumping on Dan Straily as a preemptive add???

Didn't see the game just the results

A's starter LHP Brett Anderson left tonight's game after one inning due to a sprained ankle

:huh:

Random. Why not tennis elbow or cauliflower ear?

• Like 1

A's starter LHP Brett Anderson left tonight's game after one inning due to a sprained ankle

:huh:

What the fizzle? Well, that would definitely explain him keeping the ball up, and not finishing off his pitches...but, uh, when did this happen?

this injury may actually be good for brett. Sometimes when players are in a "funk" a little extended off time helps. if I own him, i'd be holding on to him, let him come back and than give him maybe 2 or 3 starts to prove he's still got it.

i hope his ankle is minor the 36.0 ERA and 6.0 whip is a major blow.

It's no worse than a closer totally crapping the bed. It sucks in H2H though, but in roto...feh.

Really? Why doesn't this surprise me? My team has not been bitten by the injury bug....it's been eaten alive. Headley, greinke, Reyes, now this? Ugh.

Really? Why doesn't this surprise me? My team has not been bitten by the injury bug....it's been eaten alive. Headley, greinke, Reyes, now this? Ugh.

FYP

got to drop him

My DL is already full and I think he's way overrated but I'm still not dropping him.