LyondellBasell

Brett Anderson 2013 Outlook

anyone actually starting him tomorrow vs Boston?

No chance in hell.

I have him in all my 3 teams and cannot start him against reg hot Sox. I know they did not score at all yesterday but today they can go all insane! I could start him if the game was at OAK but not in Boston.

anyone actually starting him tomorrow vs Boston?

I sat him in favor of Bartolo Colon this week...with the two starts being the difference for me. I got lucky last night...but I don't think Anderson owners will see much success at all. I would LOVE to see a QS at the very least...I'm rooting for the guy for sure.

Because your comment offered so much more insight O.o

There's no way I'm starting him. Him still feeling pain while running is definitely concerning, I really hopes he puts in a solid performance to give us all confidence going forward though.

• Like 1

I'm starting him. I love his chances for a win, he tends to perform best when people expect him to get blown up and has problems with lighter lineups.

His career numbers vs boston are 2.70 ERA and WHIP of 1.14 in 8 starts but considerably worse at Fenway. Napoli also owns him in his career and the RedSox have quite a few new faces from the lineups Anderson has done well against.

I still expect him to pitch surprisingly well in a low-scoring affair

Edited by PPolanco
  • Like 1

Not starting him today.

And if he doesn't start being efficient soon, I'm dropping him.

I'm starting him. I love his chances for a win, he tends to perform best when people expect him to get blown up and has problems with lighter lineups.

His career numbers vs boston are 2.70 ERA and WHIP of 1.14 in 8 starts but considerably worse at Fenway. Napoli also owns him in his career and the RedSox have quite a few new faces from the lineups Anderson has done well against.

also running him out there. and his stats at fenway aren't all that bad, an era of 4.09 and a whip of 1.27 with 20 ks in 22 innings (4 starts...2 great starts, 2 crap starts). i'll roll the dice considering i need the Ks and Ws

also running him out there. and his stats at fenway aren't all that bad, an era of 4.09 and a whip of 1.27 with 20 ks in 22 innings (4 starts...2 great starts, 2 crap starts). i'll roll the dice considering i need the Ks and Ws

He needs to start throwing strikes, again. Not sure what's up with the walk rate. Annoying, he's never been like that.

I feel like he's not 100%, which would make sense considering he's Brett Anderson.

going with the Costanza theory here and starting Brett "BooBoo" Anderson at Fenway. I need a hug!

judging by the reactions in this thread it sounded like he was (and still might be) a great buy-low candidate. I've never been a huge fan but only because people repeatedly overrate him. He's still a slam-dunk top40 pitcher with great upside and I'm truly shocked people have been talking about dropping him

judging by the reactions in this thread it sounded like he was (and still might be) a great buy-low candidate. I've never been a huge fan but only because people repeatedly overrate him. He's still a slam-dunk top40 pitcher with great upside and I'm truly shocked people have been talking about dropping him

you haven't been a part of these forums long enough then lol. after every bad start, or 0fer these kind of sentiments are flowing, it's hilarious.

He doesn't look like the same guy.

The Brett Anderson of old didn't walk this many guys. His F-strike% is pretty bad.

His swstrk% is also not stellar enough for him to be walking so many guys.

His infield defense is worse this year than it was last year so the fact that he's an extreme GB pitcher isn't necessarily as valuable as it used to be.

If he was struggling like Matt Cain, I'd like that. With him, it seems a bit different at this point.

Still on my team, but going nowhere near my starting lineup until he has a good start.

So far today...despite only giving up one run, he's thrown 69 pitches (37 strikes, 32 balls).

he had one terrible inning. He was looking great earlier and just missed his locations against the heart of the lineup there. Frustrating but he has looked healthy.

yeah i'm not too worried. still in line for a possible QS at fenway, and regardless of how this game pans out i'm not too concerned with him if he's healthy.

• Like 1

2nd straight inning the pitching coach had to make a mound visit.

There will be better matchups ahead guys