Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bkswag

Martell Webster 2012-2013 Season Outlook

71 posts in this topic

Anyone buying? He's been playing big minutes for the Wiz and scoring in double figures in 5 of his last 6 games. Nothing flashy but solid line tonight and over 40 minutes ... Feel free to chime in

1 person likes this

I picked him up the second Ariza went down..then again I do play in a 16 teamer, he's had solid low-end value for me.

A couple of weeks LOL that a lifetime in fantasy ...

Not buying. Ariza is couple weeks or shorter to be back

1 person likes this

Had a good game last week, with John Wall back does he take precedence over Ariza?

Why is this guy under the radar? He's been soilid over the past few weeks, with nice consistency. Are you guys buying? Ariza dont seem like much of a threat.

Im thinking of dropping Andre Miller for Webster.

I added a few days ago, just hoping to give me the edge in 3 pointers in a close week. But now I think I'll hold onto him for next week too, and keep giving him a chance.

He's hitting a lot of 3s on very few shots, therefore a great FG %. A few rebounds and assists too, with a few bonus steals. And almost no turnovers.

Really does nothing to hurt you, and he's playing well enough with John Wall to help you out a lot.

The Wizards as a whole are looking like an actual basketball team lately with the return of Wall, and Beal and Webster have definitely been the two biggest benefactors.

He's been a real underrated glue guy this year, has clearly outplayed Ariza even when Ariza has been healthy

lol i'm just looking at his stats too since i read beal will be resting coz of his wrist. but i'm uncertain because of jordan crawford...

is short term pickup or can he actually have long term value? not sure how much value he'll have once Beal comes back..

wait nevermind.. forgot Beal is a SG.. and Webster is starting SF.. maybe he'll have long term value then..

is short term pickup or can he actually have long term value? not sure how much value he'll have once Beal comes back..

I believe he'll have long term value. He'll start alongside Beal, and coach Whitmman loves him. With beal back, he probably won't be scoring this much, but something along 13 points,4 rebounds, 2 assists, 1.5 3's, 1 steal, and 1 turnover is my prediction which is solid. Kawhi-lite without the steals.

Ariza is getting healthy each day and Jordan Crawford can blow up anytime. Wizards backcourt is just too crowded and Wizards have a lot of scoring options: Wall, Beal, Webster, Nene, Okafor, Ariza, Crawford, Seraphin even Price and Temple can shoot lol

I picked him up today so expect him to fall off the cliff starting next game...lol. He is healthy and has to be happy with his situation so I'd like to think this is for real.

Pretty happy with those numbers.Sh*t he had 13pts and 3 threes at the end of the 1st qtr. Glad I scooped him up, with JWall dishing it out on penetration I can see good things coming.

with JWall dishing it out on penetration I can see good things coming.

Keep in mind that Beal is not playing, otherwise Ariza would cut Webster playing time

He had his first bad game after a long streak of good games. I say give him a chance to bounce back.

I think he can do it.

If he doesn't knock down atleast 3 treys tonight, you can drop him.