Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jmadtown

Adrian Beltre 2013 Outlook

166 posts in this topic

With over 100 RBI and 32+ HRs the past two seasons, Beltre is in line for another solid season. Has also averaged over .300 batting the last 3 seasons.

He always seems to be plagued by hammy issues, but seems to play through them and put up solid numbers.

He had over 600 ABs last year, with all those issues. This guy seems like a lock at 3rd, regardless of his age.

Any thoughts on his 2013 season/draft price?

With over 100 RBI and 32+ HRs the past two seasons, Beltre is in line for another solid season. Has also averaged over .300 batting the last 3 seasons.

He always seems to be plagued by hammy issues, but seems to play through them and put up solid numbers.

He had over 600 ABs last year, with all those issues. This guy seems like a lock at 3rd, regardless of his age.

Any thoughts on his 2013 season/draft price?

Was $35 last year in our league. My guess is that it wont go too much higher, still has probably 1/2 of most leagues who just dont trust the guy.

I like him this year hitting in the meat of the order and based on his last 3 years of dominance. However age and injuries are always a risk for him. I have him as a keeper at a big contract this year, so I can't afford him to "fall off the cliff." Should I be nervous?

Adrian Beltre will miss the first round of the World Baseball Classic because of a minor calf injury.

The Rangers are calling it a calf "tweak" and are simply being cautious. Beltre played a big role for the Dominican Republic in the 2006 WBC but then sat out of the event in 2009. He should start at third base once he's cleared.

He's always had lower body problems; whether its hammys, bone spurs in ankles or etc. But he's been a 3b monster the past couple of years and isn't really due for a huge regression this year if he stays healthy. In 12 teamers, I would be slighty uncomfortable with him as my 2nd pick, but would love him in the 3rd round.

Hmm... Not sure how the calf strain makes me feel about Adrian Beltre. Already hurt? Or last call for injuries?

Over the past 5 years Beltre has averaged 138 games played and 145 games played over the last 3 years. A year older and already reporting late February calf "tweaks".

The guy can hit and be had at and if he does play in 155 games he will be a tremendous asset.

0-4? This Guy Sucks!!

Yeah, there are only 161 games left in the season so he may not turn it around in time..It's a shame really. Probably best to drop him at this point imo

0-4? This Guy Sucks!!

Yeah, there are only 161 games left in the season so he may not turn it around in time..It's a shame really. Probably best to drop him at this point imo

Agreed. Definitely droppable. Lol

0-4? This Guy Sucks!!

Agreed. Definitely droppable. Lol

Please don't drop... I'll pick up a FA and trade it for him.... hehe

sell sell sell. He has no past history to support that he wont always go 0-4 every game. This guys washed up and i may be able to pull a blockbuster deal by trading him for HYU. Wish me luck

said no ever( besides Tc84)

He looked sore running around the bases during the series versus the Angels at the start of last week. I am looking at contingency plans if this continues, but am not incredibly worried at the moment.

Hes always a slow starter I remember when he was on the dodgers he would have amazing second halfs. I would personally try to buy low now before he goes off.

Was so torn between him/David Wright as a second round pick...had to go with Beltre given consistency and Wright's injury history...this is my first year with him so I'm unfamiliar, is this a normal slow start?

He's been pretty solid the last few years in April, so he's not typically been a slow starter recently. That said, I'm not worried. Balls just fly out of Arlington as the Summer months roll in. Beltre will have his numbers at the end of the year. Solid lineup around him and an elite hitter's ballpark. He's one slow starter I'm not sweating a bit.

1 person likes this

Anyone know why Beltre came out?

Andrus came out too. It's 11-3. Nothing to worry about.