Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

teamshameless

Yahoo Autodraft

Just talked to a buddy of mine who couldn't be in our draft. Unbenounced to me, he was traveling all week and was never able to even rank his players. He just let yahoo draft for him.

10team h2h we keep 3 players. One of them from the 5th round or later.

Pretty good job by Yahoo if you ask me.

1. (1) Kevin Garnett

2. (20) Josh Smith

3. (21) Marcus Camby

4. (40) Jason Richardson

5. (41) Kevin Durant (keeper!)

6. (60) Rasheed Wallace

7. (61) Jason Terry

8. (80) Andre Miller

9. (81) Josh Childress

10. (100) Morris Peterson

11. (101) Walter Herrmann

12. (120) Nenad Krstic

13. (121) Kyle Korver - this pick kills me. Clearly he needs points and 3's.

Korver was the perfect last pick

Like I said, not my squad, but yea, I'm amazed at how good it came out. I thought the Yahoo Rankings didn't seem as totally bogus this year as normal, but this is a better draft than at least 3 other people in the league did.

I agree in round four it almost seemed to rich a bit for jrich just because of need.

the other crazy thing is that this is a pretty veteran league. It's not like it did well against a bunch of rookies.

First time for everything. We've heard so many terrible stories about Y! auto being so damn terrible, it feels good to see one story turn out well for once.

First time for everything. We've heard so many terrible stories about Y! auto being so damn terrible, it feels good to see one story turn out well for once.

So true. I missed my draft one year and got the absolute worst team ever..............2 words for ya............

Shawn Bradley.

Well, it never hurts to get the #1 overall pick.

But still, what were the rest of you doing? There's no way Andre Miller should be sitting there at #80 overall. That's ridiculous. It sounds like some people were badly overreaching on Ford, Foye, Rondo, etc., if Miller last through 8 complete rounds.

Well, it never hurts to get the #1 overall pick.

But still, what were the rest of you doing? There's no way Andre Miller should be sitting there at #80 overall. That's ridiculous. It sounds like some people were badly overreaching on Ford, Foye, Rondo, etc., if Miller last through 8 complete rounds.

Everyone on that list went well after Miller. The 5th round keeper probably knocked a couple of people back a bit. Everyone kind of reached a bit there. For once yahoo's ridiculous ranking for Durrant paid off.

Sheed at 60 seems felonious to me... even more than Miller at 80. At least Miller isn't going to set your roster ablaze but Sheed has tremendous cross-cat stats that offers amazing potential for team chemistry. Hmmm.

I totally disagree about sheed. His numbers have been declining and I can see the entire Pistons team starting to tank this season. They are getting really old and the competition is getting much better and much more athletic.

I have everyone on the team ranked really low this year except Maxiell who is the only young athletic guy on the team.

I totally disagree about sheed. His numbers have been declining and I can see the entire Pistons team starting to tank this season. They are getting really old and the competition is getting much better and much more athletic.

I have everyone on the team ranked really low this year except Maxiell who is the only young athletic guy on the team.

i disagree with this entire post. piston's core is OLDER, but they're not really that old. i think they still have a yr or 2 of elite level b-ball ahead of em. i expect sheed to have a great yr this yr. he dropped some weight over the offseason and i think he's pissed about how the season ended last yr. sheed is an awesome roto C cuz he does a little bit of everything on the floor. only piston i ranked lower than usual is hamilton, mainly cuz he now has a capable back-up (the rookie stuckey, who offers a dimension that nobody on the pistons has, slashing).

sheed at 60 is an absolute steal.

The problem with auto drafts, other than maybe sneaking in a sleeper or two in your rankings, you have no ability to alter your selections based on how the draft plays out.

Right forum actually. Read the thread.

How about wrong forum? How does this help me at all? You are talking about an individual team and people and giving advice on how to improve the team.

Chills, I can see your opinion, but the point is that you can make a perfectly legitimate argument either way. The fact that he fell that far isn't a result of lack of knowledge of the game or inexperience, its just a difference of opinion or at very least lack of consensus.

mbroo, that is kind of the reason I posted it. This guy had a pretty respectable draft and he didn't even adjust his rankings. this is pure Yahoo.

The question would be, is it a fluke or has Yahoo gotten better. Probably a combination of the two.

Everyone on that list went well after Miller. The 5th round keeper probably knocked a couple of people back a bit. Everyone kind of reached a bit there. For once yahoo's ridiculous ranking for Durrant paid off.

Ah, okay. So basically the 5th round was like a 1-round rookie draft thrown into the middle of the real draft, with your Tyrus Thomas and Al Thornton types all going in round 5 instead of round 10. That makes the Miller situation seem a little better, since he's effectively #71 (10 rooks minus Durant) instead of #80. I still think that's a little late, but not nearly as bad as #80.

Still, in a keeper I'd question why Foye was sticking around until after pick 80. He's a young high-upside guy who would be able to help out this year.

This still seems like a bit of a fluke to me, though. In that keeper format the #1 pick of the 5th round would automatically be Durant. If he doesn't have that spot in the draft who knows what he ends up with as a keeper.

How about wrong forum? How does this help me at all? You are talking about an individual team and people and giving advice on how to improve the team.

1. Why am I responding to you? don't answer that.

2. Where have I asked for any advice on this team? Read the post. it's not even my team. Just an interesting example of autodraft.

3. Why do you care so much? don't answer that either.

Ah, okay. So basically the 5th round was like a 1-round rookie draft thrown into the middle of the real draft, with your Tyrus Thomas and Al Thornton types all going in round 5 instead of round 10. That makes the Miller situation seem a little better, since he's effectively #71 (10 rooks minus Durant) instead of #80. I still think that's a little late, but not nearly as bad as #80.

Still, in a keeper I'd question why Foye was sticking around until after pick 80. He's a young high-upside guy who would be able to help out this year.

This still seems like a bit of a fluke to me, though. In that keeper format the #1 pick of the 5th round would automatically be Durant. If he doesn't have that spot in the draft who knows what he ends up with as a keeper.

you are sort of right. Rember the fifth round is only in the 40's and durrant did go number 1.

I think you are overvaluing Foye. i don't see him having any keeper potential even in this format.

I agree, it is a bit of a fluke, but I do think the yahoo rankings were much better this year than in the past. I noticed it when I was puting my list together. i don't think it could have drafted that kind of team a year or two ago. fluke or no fluke.

And another Yahoo Auto Draft team for a guy in my league that didn't make the Live draft.

1. (11) Yao Ming

2. (14) Chris Paul

3. (35) Allen Iverson

4. (38) Jason Richardson

5. (59) Kirk Hinrich

6. (62) Jason Terry

7. (83) Andrea Bargnani

8. (86) Nene Hilario

9. (107) Luke Walton

10. (110) Delonte West

11. (131) Mike Dunleavy

12. (134) Kyle Korver

13. (155) Nick Collison

And another Yahoo Auto Draft team for a guy in my league that didn't make the Live draft.

1. (11) Yao Ming

2. (14) Chris Paul

3. (35) Allen Iverson

4. (38) Jason Richardson

5. (59) Kirk Hinrich

6. (62) Jason Terry

7. (83) Andrea Bargnani

8. (86) Nene Hilario

9. (107) Luke Walton

10. (110) Delonte West

11. (131) Mike Dunleavy

12. (134) Kyle Korver

13. (155) Nick Collison

Not sure on the league format or how many teams, but I'm considering letting Yahoo! draft my team this year. Well, not really, but I am pretty impressed with what they have done except Richardson at 38.