Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Funkenstein

2012 Champions Thread!

82 posts in this topic

Yeeeeeehawwwwwww! We did it, baby!!

Share your championship game highlights!

Romo and Bryant combining for 96

A late game reggie wayne td

The Bengals d coming up big again with 20

Vjax and martin with 15 each in another stinker for the Bucs

166 points and i still have Lynch going tonight.

If your gonna win the championship game, you might as well destroy your opponent.....

Congratulations, everyone

So close I can taste victory! I agree with the Bengals D and Martin and Vjax salvaging decent scores. My MVP today is Reggie Bush. Held on to him all year for his playoff match ups and he delivered huge!

Champ here! Highlights:

- Rolling the dice on MIA D (14 pts) and Justin Blackmon in my FLEX spot (17.4 pts)

- Sproles coming up huge with 19.95 pts (return yardage and 0.5 PPR league)

- Julio Jones getting things started right last night with 15.9 pts

romo 400 yds 4 TDs. i drafted him w/ this week in mind.

bush 3 TDs

megatron 225 yds

and that right there was enough to beat my opponent, who's only managed 66 pts so far.

Matt Ryan and Julio Jones doing work last night, but Tony Gonzalez, who my opponent has, did nothing.

Kenny Britt does nothing for the entire game, then pulls in 41 yards and a TD in the last two minutes.

I somehow survived getting just 5.7 points from Arian Foster and Darren McFadden.

Bit off-topic: This is my first title, and I got it despite having disappointing keepers in Ryan Mathews and Jimmy Graham, losing Percy Harvin, and trading Doug Martin for McFadden early in the year. Frustrating but rewarding season.

I won championship week....if my team had decided to play last week to get me into the game. Seriously best team week I have had all season but it is in the 3rd place game because they didn't play last week.

Starters 170.36(+Ray Rice going)

Bench 72.4

Team going to win the 'Chip is at 150, just the Ravens D going.

I won championship week....if my team had decided to play last week to get me into the game. Seriously best team week I have had all season but it is in the 3rd place game because they didn't play last week.

mods please delete

Well, I'm up by 42(Yahoo standard scoring) with Thomas, Moreno, Prater, and the Denver D still playing. He has Seattle tonight. So I think it's a 99% lock for me. Todays highlight was obviously Dez. No other breakout stars, everyone else(Newton, Martin, Graham, Ridley) just put up reasonably solid points.

I did mistakenly bench Decker, SJax, and the Chargers and Colts defenses, but I can't really complain. I'll still win my 7th blowout of the week award baring some sort of absurd Seattle game tonight. Not bad for what will end up as a 10-6 team after starting 2-5. Early season sucked.

Lost in both my H2H championships costing me a lot of money :/ But 2nd in each will still be okay, and I am going to be the champion of my running point total league! Bragging rights for a year with all the friends.

Shivakominsomakondarekram!!!!!!!! The Shiva Blasters win the championship in rookie year of playing fantasy football! Brees and Romo (2 QB league) paved the way to victory with 400+ yds and 3+ touchdowns each. So sweet, this victory (and the associated financial winnings) will make this a very merry Christmas indeed! Big thanks to the RW site for all the knowledge I've procured here and congrats to all other winners!

Shivakominsomakondarekram!!!!!!!! The Shiva Blasters win the championship in rookie year of playing fantasy football! Brees and Romo (2 QB league) paved the way to victory with 400+ yds and 3+ touchdowns each. So sweet, this victory (and the associated financial winnings) will make this a very merry Christmas indeed! Big thanks to the RW site for all the knowledge I've procured here and congrats to all other winners!

Nice Shiva blast and congrats!

1 person likes this

Big thanks to the RW site for all the knowledge I've procured here and congrats to all other winners!

amen. the forum came back up JiT for me to win 6 straight and take my division and the 'chip. this forum is the best place for FFL advice on the 'net. nothing else comes remotely close.

1 person likes this

Fifth championship in six years in a pretty competitive league. B)

This will be our second time in four years hoisting the trophy (yes, our league provides a trophy). I feel more like Nick Saban this go around, claiming the title has been more a relief than celebratory as we had the best team on paper and won the regular season (which featured an 11-game winning streak). The sweetest part is our entire offenseive unit and our Defense/ST (Seattle) was drafted. Not to mention last year's campaign ended when Britt and Charles went down. As a Niners fan, tonight's game will be all the more enjoyable. Congrats to all the mangers who understand that it's better to be lucky than good sometimes (Seatle's Def in week 1 of the playoffs!) Highlights:

1 - Championship MVP Tony Romo (42.64)

2 - WR Corps (53.9 combined)

3 - D. Martin/Spiller making up for Foster (40.2)

4 - Colts Defense (17, picked up strictly for the championship matchup)

Just closed out the final in league #1: Charles was MVP, but all my guys showed up: Brees, Colston, Cobb, Spiller. Won by a solid 60 points.

Also in the final in league #2: Up by 7 but he has Lynch vs. SF in an hour. I think I can squeeze through and take both leagues this year.

Either way, great season. Lots of fun on these boards as well. But kinda looking forward to watching some football the rest of the season without worrying about some random dude on a losing team getting a garbage-time TD. My Vikes need my full attention...

I can't believe I won! I got my highest score all season to win 177.15 - 173.63! My opponent had the ARI DST and their last minute blocked FG for a TD narrowed what I thought was a safe lead to 3.5 points! I had to sweat out the last couple minutes. I had Dez, he had Romo.

My MVP: Dez, Decker, Sproles

I survived my opponent's Rice (24), J. Charles (29), Romo (40). I still can't believe it!

Dez + Megatron won it for me. Morris did good, AP didn't have to do much for me today, Big Ben took a dump.

Basically I won because of my all-pro WR core of Megatron + Marshall + Dez + Vjax....that position is how I won this year (+ Peterson).

Easily won 167 to 71 to claim the title!

10 of my 12 starters were in double-digits, with excellent performances by Bears (2 TD, 2 INT, 1 FR), Decker (65 yards, 2 TD), Kuechly (13 TT, 1 INT), and Spiller (173 yards)!

Fifth championship in six years in a pretty competitive league. B)

my league's been around for 7 years and i'm the 1st 2-time winner.

Champions baby.

Matty Ice, Julio, Cobb, Blackmon thank you boys.

Finally after 3 years of playoffs and one lost final I won my main league.