Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sott3

2012 Championship Losers Thread

35 posts in this topic

This may just be a spinoff off the Vent thread, but pull up a chair and let loose with your tale of woe. Did your opponent go off? How many busts did you start?

For me:

Started Amendola and Bradshaw. No one on my team had a huge week. Opponent had Megatron, Matt Ryan and Reggie Bush.

My line up:

Ryan

Julio

Nicks

Shorts

McFadden

Moreno

Hernandez

Tynes

San Diego

His line-up

Rodgers

Decker

R. White

D. Avery

S. Greene

M. Leshoure

J. Gresham

Gostkowski

Houston Defensive

My squad didn't even score a TD today. All my TD's came from last night. I did bench Jennings for Shorts and Richardson for McFadden, but those moves didn't even matter. Can't believe the duds both Giant Players and Hernandez had today. AND REALLY, SHONN "F*C*IN$" GREENE!!!! He's killed me all season. When I played the same cat in the Regular Season it was the game that Greene had 3 TD's. I hate Fantasy Football ---->

actually, the proper quote is "2nd place is the 1st loser", loser.

Well, I prefer, "2nd place is no place."

1 person likes this

started Luck over Flacco

Cruz got me 2 points (Played Lance over DX 9 vs 12.5 pts, should have put DX over Cruz)

Martin got me 11 of 21

DMC got me 5 of 11 (Pierre Thomas got 13 from my bench)

Daniels got me 2.7 instead of 6.3

My entire team had 1pm matchups except Brandon Marshall. I knew I lost within the 1st hour of the 1pm games.

His team went buckwild on me. He put up 145+ points on me...

Added to my Do Not Draft list this year were Ryan Mathews & Jordy Nelson. Not there when I needed them.

I lost by more than 2x the points I scored.

I had - Brady, Cruz, A. Brown, Wayne, Foster, Ballard, Pitta, Sea Bass and Denver D

He had - Rodgers, Marshall, Dez, D. Thomas, Forte, Peterson, Graham, Gostkowski & NE Defense

Pretty sure his WR's outscored my entire team.

Started Julio and Ryan last night and was already counting my winnings.

My DMC, Murray, and Hernandez were outproduced by Shonn Greene. Unreal.

The rest of my squad produced for the most part today except Arian. Was up by 23 then Marshawn decided to go beast mode lost by 5 now I'm in this thread SMH.

Started out looking good in a 10 team standard scoring league. Foster screwed and Hernandez only got me one point, but I knew my opponent was tearing his hair out.

Here's 4 names on His Bench this week:

Tony Romo

Dez Bryant

Reggie Bush

CJ Spiller

Before the Sunday night game, his bench has 135 points while his starters have 66. I've got a 33 point lead heading into Sunday night, he's got Wilson and Lynch left to play. I figured it would be close, but that the elite 49ers defense would be able to save me.

Turns out I was wrong. He ends up with 111 points, winning the championship. With his optimal lineup, he would have scored 182 points this week.

And that's not even the best part of this story. This guy missed the draft and autodrafted his entire team. He went 5-8 in the regular season, managing to sneak into the last playoff spot due to having a tiebreaker with someone. And now he's our champion.

I'm very glad that I won 2 of my other leagues today to compensate for this.

lost by 37 points in one league, at least it is comforting to know that my optimal lineup still wouldn't have beaten the other team.

1 person likes this

I won the league in my sig. But in another league, with a lot of friends, I lost my championship game thanks to David Akers. That blocked FG/TD gave his Seahawks defense enough points to beat me. 49ers need to start trying out other kickers. 11 missed FGs is ridiculous for a Superbowl contending team.

even with Dez exploding today, that only matched up with his Romo

Foster and A Hernandez duds hurt today ...

only way I would have had a chance to day if i started Charles over Foster, Blackmon over A Johnson and Gresham over Hernandez

special thanks to his McCoy for coming back today too!

Big Ben gets 15.

Arian Gets 5.

NYG defense stops Flacco for a drive or two.

AJ Green doesn't underperform for a 4th week out of 5.

And I go 2-0.

But nope.

And opponent had Flacco. Unreal.

13-1 for the season and lost the "Super Bowl" by .66!! Arian Foster gets .9 points!!!

I defy anyone to find a better 1st post than this.

Welcome, son.

You are home.

Lost by 9 in my work league.

Antonio Brown over Amendola or Romo over RGIII would have wiped his a** off the page.

But . . . so it goes.

1 person likes this

A friend of mine lost a league by less than a point and it was after an IDP stat change tonight. He was talking a lot of trash too. I posted in another thread, but i lost because this league gives an extra 25 points for 200 yard games, i faced Dez and Megatron. Its a strangely good feeling to know that my optimal line up wouldn't have won tho. I'll miss my team

Yahoo projections had me a 20 point favorite, lost by 60+ points as my opponent scored the most points any team has scored this entire season. What a miserable way to end a year I was in 1st place for 75% of.

13-1 for the season and lost the "Super Bowl" by .66!! Arian Foster gets .9 points!!!

I defy anyone to find a better 1st post than this.

Welcome, son.

You are home.

Lost by 9 in my work league.

Antonio Brown over Amendola or Romo over RGIII would have wiped his a** off the page.

But . . . so it goes.

Oooo that one is bad.

I went 12-2 and lost the Bowl a couple years back by around .3, because of a tipped-ball interception from Romo.

Sad day.

My one team that didn't show up(AP,Hernandez,Wallace) lost by 7 points and the guy got 51 or something absurd from Dez.

I lost the 3rd place game in both my leagues and got to thinking...I never win in the playoffs. Just went back and checked my career record and it's true...I'm 2 and 12 career all time in the playoffs