Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rob_P

STAT CORRECTIONS?

6 posts in this topic

Merry Christmas to all.

Quick question. I tied for my fantasy title and I win the tie breaker so as of now, I am the champ and have $600 headed my way. But I am told stat corrections occur on Wednesday so nothing official yet. How common are stat corrections? Been doing fantasy for years and have never had one impact a win/loss for me so don't pay them too much attention. I am told they are rare. Anyone have info or a horror story on a stat correction that cost them?

how did you tie? don't you have fractional scoring?

anyway, i won a game last year on a stat correction, they took a 15 yd catch away from hakeem nicks b/c of a PI penalty mixup (it was declined but the statistician didn't record it) and all i needed was a 1 pt turnaround, so they do happen, but they are rare, and it's even rarer that they swing an FFL game. if/when they do happen, it's usually defensive stats, esp sacks, since they're not recorded as rigorously as offensive stats.

No fractional scoring in this league. I had a huge lead...he had most of his team going in 4 pm games including Demariyus and Bears defense. He tied it up late in 4 pm games but I win tie breaker based on back up QB points. So as long as their is no stat correction I am champ. But had some bizarre bad luck in this league in past to cost me the title so stat correction wouldn't shock me.

No fractional scoring in this league. I had a huge lead...he had most of his team going in 4 pm games including Demariyus and Bears defense. He tied it up late in 4 pm games but I win tie breaker based on back up QB points. So as long as their is no stat correction I am champ. But had some bizarre bad luck in this league in past to cost me the title so stat correction wouldn't shock me.

What a horrible way to lose a championship for your opponent.

I would feel bad for him but I lost the title in this league last year due to Tony Romo leaving game in first quarter on a very minor injury when I only needed 5 points from him to get title. Year before I lost in finals by 2 points on a late field goal so needless to say, I will take the win any way I can in this league as I have felt snake bitten. He had tied our game up and still had 4 guys going with at least three minutes left in all his games....somehow no one else scored so maybe luck even out a bit. If there is a stat correction it may have to be 3 strikes and I am out for this leage as it appears like its not meant to be.

Stat corrections are pretty common overall but not that common for an individual team. All you can do at this point is just keep your fingers crossed. I would say its a 70/30 chance that there will be no stat correction but until I think Thursday or Friday you can't be 100% sure.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=330870