Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rired48

Need detailed information on various types of FF leagues....

7 posts in this topic

Hope I'm posting in the right forum section.... Don't flame me, I'm old....

I'm only a 1 year experienced FF player, and this year I'm co-running an ESPN default/standard H2H 10 team (9 positions) league. I'm really having fun with it. Last year (my first), I got to the playoffs and lost in the semis. This year, I'm in the Finals after finishing third in the reg season.

I would like to be in two leagues next year. What I need is a FF site that explains in great detail all the various types of FF leagues. I want to be in two different style leagues so I get to experience what's available out there.

If you can point me in the right direction to gather this information I'll appreciate it.

Thanks.

Brian in RI

"What's worth doing, is worth over-doing..." -David Letterman

There are many different types of leagues. The main ones are various types of PPR and then non PPR. There are also leagues that are return yardage or TD only. PPR has a wide range and is the one that is mostly played. The difference between PPR and non PPR is that, in PPR, there are bonuses for receptions.

Less common are leagues that count return yardage or TD only. Both are pretty self explanatory. Return yardage leagues give you points for return yards, and TD only leagues that either only give you points for TD's or give you marginal point bonuses.

I'm in a TD only league with no yardage points. It's really easy to prepare for, but really challenging and frustrating if that is what type of league you are looking for.

1 person likes this

theres also tons of forms of dynasty and keeper leagues, idp (individual defensive players) leagues, TD heavy leagues where TD are worth a lot more then in a standard league, there are leagues were u can get bonuses for long tds or going on certain yardage marks, 2 QB leagues, ecttt

Thanks.

Do you guys have some links for me to sites that have good leagues?

I've only ever used CBS for my leagues, and I think they have pretty decent leagues. I've never used them, so I can't speak to how good they are, but ESPN and Yahoo also are popular league sites.

myfantasyleague.com is by far the best site to run a league. they are totally flexible and customizable.

I am starting a 12 team dynasty league right now with a $50 buy-in

1 ppr

no idp (team D/ST only)

blind bidding for waivers

25 man rosters with 10 starters

if you are interested in joining or are just curious about different leagues and would like to check it out, get me your email address and I will send you a link to the site.

good luck in your search