Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the1gq2nvy

Avery Johnson Fired

188 posts in this topic

Are you kidding me. This is laughable

any potential benefactors? Kris Humphries back to the starting lineup? blatche?

You guys think with a new coach that D Will will rise up once again?

All owners of Deron should rejoice. This is great news. I can't think of another coach that uses as much ISO plays as Avery. This should have happened a long time ago.

1 person likes this

Dwill be a nose. I mean he got a hall of fame coach fired for no reason. Sickening to this day when i think about it..

Bigger coach killer? DWill or Dwight, the Boy Wonder?

1 person likes this

Cue everyone calling Deron Williams a coach killer.

Might be true. I won't judge, I dont know him personally. But his track record doesn't look good.

Also, I'd like to officially throw my hat in the Nets coaching job vacancy.

Wow, I'm not sure if I should be shocked or not. On one hand, Avery mishandled his team's talents and failed to exploit many of his players' strengths. On the other hand, team chemistry is a mess and a lot of the players don't seem to be going out there looking for a win. While it isn't as bad as the Mike Brown firing, I do think it's a bit premature.

Jerry Sloan would be a good hire.

lmao, this would be hilarious.

d-will owners.....your patience has finally been rewarded.

Also, it interests me greatly that teams can be so quick to firing coaches like Mike Brown or Avery Johnson, and not Keith Smart, Scott Skiles, or Randy Wittman. Perplexing to say the least...

3 people like this

Wow, I'm not sure if I should be shocked or not. On one hand, Avery mishandled his team's talents and failed to exploit many of his players' strengths. On the other hand, team chemistry is a mess and a lot of the players don't seem to be going out there looking for a win. While it isn't as bad as the Mike Brown firing, I do think it's a bit premature.

lol@the mike brown firing being bad......shows how much u know on the situation.

lol@the mike brown firing being bad......shows how much u know on the situation.

Yup, even though I live in the Los Angeles area I know nothing about Los Angeles sports. It's a true shame.

Also, it interests me greatly that teams can be so quick to firing coaches like Mike Brown or Avery Johnson, and not Keith Smart, Scott Skiles, or Randy Wittman. Perplexing to say the least...

It's all about expectations. The Kings, Bucks and Wizards weren't expected to win in the first place so it's easy to spread the blame around rather than place it on the coach. The Nets and the Lakers, on the other hand, with the rosters they assembled, came into the season with lofty expectations.

2 people like this