Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Code of Hammurabi

Hideki Matsui Tribute Thread

15 posts in this topic

Hideki was a great hitter during his first 4 or 5 seasons with the yankees. No, the Godzilla power from Japan didn't translate,, but pound for pound, the guy could rake.

I always get a good laugh outta the movie Knocked Up:

Wife: What the **** is this?

Guy: Hey honey, I got Matsui!

Hideki Matsui was a great player and a great Yankee. I love when my team gets players like him and Nick Swisher to add class to our team's personality. Just please steer clear of the Gary Sheffields of the world.

There was nothing more fun than being at a Yankee game, him hitting a home run and all my friends and me screaming "GODZILLA!!!!!"

1 person likes this

I always get a good laugh outta the movie Knocked Up:

Wife: What the **** is this?

Guy: Hey honey, I got Matsui!

Haha yeah one of my favorite scenes the wife thinks hes cheating on him but hes really jist at a fantasy baseball draft.... Then shes all like I wish he was cheating on me.

my only memories of matsui will be in 2009 when he absolutely crushed my phillies in the world series... bummer.

He officially retired yesterday but the Yankees didn't really retire # 55 yesterday did they?

He officially retired yesterday but the Yankees didn't really retire # 55 yesterday did they?

Lyle Overbay of all people currently has it.

one of the greatest yankees i have ever seen. He was a class act, extremely clutch, and helped the Yankees win the 2009 world series. Always one of my favorites