PRoSPx

Daniel Straily 2013 Outlook

Spot starting this guy, first inning morales hits a taylor made DP to Donaldson and he hesitates and can't decide whether or not to grab it so it goes through for a single. Now the next two guys have hit singles ad its 2-0 with men on 2nd and 3rd and one out recorded.

Not sure why I even bothered using this guy, he isn't very good despite the bizarre hype train on him.

Javier Vazquez White Sox special. He allows too much contact, these innings/games will happen.

Surprised not to see FoulLine around?

• Like 1

Seagers ball was a dink off the glove of Lowrie and of course they rule it a hit instead of an error. Would have made all the runs unearned. I swear official scorers are just out to get me this year. EVERYTHING is a freaking hit.

Edited by Wombat
  • Like 1

Seagers ball was a dink off the glove of Lowrie and of course they rule it a hit instead of an error. Would have made all the runs unearned. I swear official scorers are just out to get me this year. EVERYTHING is a freaking hit.

There have been so many score corrections this year so hopefully you get that one back in a day or two.

Just take him out so I never have to see this guy pitch again. Good lord does he serve up meatballs.

^I doubt they will change that one though. It was one of those "could go either way" calls. But it just feels like they always screw you on them lol. Scorers these days only give out errors if you throw the ball into the stands or something. The most recent for me was Latos last start on the pop up by Soriano ruled a single cost him 3 earned. Thought for sure they would change that and they never did... Anyway I digress.

This guy isn't good and is a threat to give up multiple home runs in every start he has. He serves up 90 mph heat middle up in the zone over and over again, this is the first time I actually watched him this year. I will not be using him again in a mixed league.

Edited by Wombat

But...but...the Cy Young!

Just take him out so I never have to see this guy pitch again. Good lord does he serve up meatballs.

^I doubt they will change that one though. It was one of those "could go either way" calls. But it just feels like they always screw you on them lol. Scorers these days only give out errors if you throw the ball into the stands or something. The most recent for me was Latos last start on the pop up by Soriano ruled a single cost him 3 earned. Thought for sure they would change that and they never did... Anyway I digress.

This guy isn't good and is a threat to give up multiple home runs in every start he has. He serves up 90 mph heat middle up in the zone over and over again, this is the first time I actually watched him this year. I will not be using him again in a mixed league.

You just forgot to check Seattle's weather forecast.

cloudy-chance-meatballs-pos.jpg

You just forgot to check Seattle's weather forecast.

cloudy-chance-meatballs-pos.jpg

lmao, perfect.

But...but...the Cy Young!

Look, I'm sure it can be proven the wind was blowing out tonight and Fangraphs was keeping score, so the boxscore is wrong and Straily actually pitched 8 innings with 12 k's.

I'm and A's fan and would love for Straily to win a Cy Young but I just don't see it. At this point I have to assume that he's just so far above the level of AAA mentally, and he's past the point of working on any of his pitches, that he just dominates, because it doesn't add up. He's an average pitcher.

• Like 1

Keep in mind that The Hanley trade case is different.

Hanely was on the block and LA was interested in and asking about Straily (among others). That is different than Oakland putting Straily on the block.

Keep in mind that The Hanley trade case is different.

Hanely was on the block and LA was interested in and asking about Straily (among others). That is different than Oakland putting Straily on the block.

If he was off limits he wouldn't have been part of the discussion. The A's pursued Hanley, so I'm sure there were various packages discussed with multiple prospects, but Straily was very much available.

Please, I hope this guy just gets sent down and stays in AAA forever changes name and we just forget about him, he is nothing to write this much about.

Please, I hope this guy just gets sent down and stays in AAA forever changes name and we just forget about him, he is nothing to write this much about.

Judging by the some of the posts I've seen he's the next Verlander and Strasburg rolled into one, a future Hall of Famer & Cy Young winner.

unless you did the writing, who cares? i love how ppl can get so angry over a player getting attention they feel is unwarranted lol

I went to the game Friday night at Safeco and was talking to Straily while he was warming up. I asked if he was Foulline from the rotoworld boards. He looked at me with kind of a befuddled look and never replied. Only thing that really makes sense at this point.

Edited by Cmilne23
  • Like 5

I went to the game Friday night at Safeco and was talking to Straily while he was warming up. I asked if he was Foulline from the rotoworld boards. He looked at me with kind of a befuddled look and never replied. Only thing that really makes sense at this point.

Or it was the befuddled look that says "He's on to me"!

• Like 1

After watching him pitch in his last start I have to say I am very excited for his start today....

...As someone who has multiple Rangers on my team. He's someone I will be targeting waiver hitters against if I am looking for a cheap homer.

Now you all understand. Never bought into this guy. He will be good at some point....Just not right now