PRoSPx

Daniel Straily 2013 Outlook

1 well hit ball, Young probably should have caught the ball that plated the first 2 runs which would've ended the inning, but he slowed up and let it fall in for the hit.

Not too impressed, but he should not be down 3-0, could easily be 0-0 with good D.

Might want to hold that thought, Fish...

that post was about the 3rd inning, which was an accurate observation, :ph34r: I also stated he was not impressive., but as of now, he's laboring and looking like toast for tonight :(

that post was about the 3rd inning, which was an accurate observation, :ph34r: I also stated he was not impressive., but as of now, he's laboring and looking like toast for tonight :(

Fair enough, fair enough...you had the right angle, shall we say

Reddick saved him from totally ruining our ratios with that throw. as is, I'd be happy with the line the way it is and escape without further destroying my confidence in him. Guess I need to reevaluate where I start him..home only? if need be.

Funny how some players vary season to season. I watched most of his starts at home while he was with the River Cats and came away thinking he was going to be very, very good. This year, I couldn't even come in to defend him earlier when he was getting reamed a new one in here after giving up tater after tater.

Alas, ...At least he's not giving up the long balls tonight.

• Like 1

His next scheduled starts before the ASB are; NYY, @TEX, @SEA, STL, @KC, @PIT

Besides @SEA none of those look very enticing to me, might be time to send him back to the wire.

@KC can't scare you too much, right?

can't lie, if that's his final line, and this is a hiccup, we can all live with that. could have been worse, but could have been better too in spots. for me i'm holding. but then again my waiver wire is pretty damn bare.

All things considered, he managed to be not horrible tonight. Salvaged what could have been disastrous. 3rd inning lack of aggressive D did him in, otherwise we'd be praising his start..

Edited by FISH ON

Could have been better and could have been worse. Where have the K's gone lately?

I just can't get it right...sit Straily, he looks like a world beater...start Straily and sit Colon, Colon looks like an Allstar and Straily gives me a non-QS. Next year I'm just going to draft Yu Darvish's and Justin Verlander's...that's it

Annoying.

I'm not too jazzed about that upcoming schedule (or tonight's matchup) but Colon was able to shut down the Yanks pretty good last night so I'm optimistic that he'll have a good start and am rolling him out there and hoping for the best!

Strait ly dealing tonight, 5ip, 1h 2k. Kid looks real good so far, and economical to boot

Haters always gonna hate, but the kid is only 24 with lots of room to grow.

Dumb walk leads to an ER, but still been very happy with his outing tonight. With his pitch count, he can go 7-8.

I'm not starting him @TEX personally, but their offense isn't what it used to be but Arlington is still Arlington and it's summertime. I think he's above streamer level though.

so when is that swinging strike % going to start manifesting itself into some Ks?

Edited by jsp2014

I'm not starting him @TEX personally, but their offense isn't what it used to be but Arlington is still Arlington and it's summertime. I think he's above streamer level though.

so when is that swinging strike % going to start manifesting itself into some Ks?

My philosophy has always been to sit @TEX however I cheat sometimes when the right matchup comes along.

Straily can very well go 4 IP 4 ER 2 K 4 H 2 BB @TEX. But I like the odds of 7.0 IP 0 ER 7 K 2 H 0 BB @SEA. So I can deal with a streamer week of 11 IP 4 ER 9 K 6 H 2 BB and a Win.

And then the upside. He can shut down Texas - he's done it twice. And the weather in Arlington next week is low 70s game time. So we're not talking about an afternoon game at Arlington either.

I'm tossing him back in the FA pool. His upcoming schedule is @ TEX, @SEA, v STL so I won't be using him in two of the next three. There are some pretty solid streams available this week, so I'm going to take advantage and hopefully Straily will still be around for the @ SEA start if not, thanks for your contributions kid.