PRoSPx

Daniel Straily 2013 Outlook

Less than 4IP - did he injure himself or something?

Doesn't matter I guess. Injured or not, this guy's looking like a drop.

Less than 4IP - did he injure himself or something?

Doesn't matter I guess. Injured or not, this guy's looking like a drop.

No, he's fine. He threw almost 80 pitches in 3 1/3 innings and had almost given up another HR so Melvin yanked him.

• Like 1

He's droppable at this point, but I'd scoop him back up in a couple of weeks. He has the Cardinals, KC, and the Pirates coming up so it's not exactly a cake walk.

The 3 or 4 times i've watched him pitch this year have been brutal. This is around the time of the year where I dump the pitchers I cant trust and Dan-o has become one of them. I really thought he'd break out this year.

He had a real crappy schedule and of all those starts figured the @ Sea would be the one to be able to use him in. Good call on the posters that sent him back to wire a few pages back. Definitely not worth rostering at this point.

He's rosterable in deeper leagues. But he just has back of the rotation stuff. Only one pitch, his slider, could be classified as above average. Throws a 90 MPH meat fastball, a below average change, a curve he barely throws. It's just not an impressive repertoire.

If you own him and throw him out there in favorable matchups, just keep in mind there's a chance he could get bombed because he has back of the rotation stuff. I simply have no idea how anyone could have watched this guy and taken away that he has top of the rotation stuff. He's closer to Joe Blanton from his A's days than a top of the rotation arm.

It is your guys fault. He has done nothing to warrant being on a fantasy baseball roster.

Actually, the guy who Straily reminds me of is Dave Bush. Bush had one above average pitch, his curve. Straily, it's his slider. Bush came up and posted pretty elite WHIP numbers his first few years. Fantasy owners would think, this guy has an elite WHIP, his numbers are bound to correct. But then you'd watch him and realize he would pump 88-90 MPH meat and his change was a Little League offering.

Optioned down to AAA......Has a Cy Young winner every been optioned down to the minors this late in the season w/o injury???? I kid, I kid.

Athletics optioned RHP Dan Straily to Triple-A Sacramento.

The Athletics plan to skip Straily's spot in the rotation next week, but there's a good chance that he'll be recalled after that. The 24-year-old has a 5.00 ERA over 12 starts at the major league level this season.

• Like 1

Optioned down to AAA......Has a Cy Young winner every been optioned down to the minors this late in the season w/o injury???? I kid, I kid.

Athletics optioned RHP Dan Straily to Triple-A Sacramento.

The Athletics plan to skip Straily's spot in the rotation next week, but there's a good chance that he'll be recalled after that. The 24-year-old has a 5.00 ERA over 12 starts at the major league level this season.

roy halladay? Lol

The A's have several days off and they don't need a 5th starter. He is staying in the minors until they need him.I kept him stashed. Hoping I did the right thing. Guess I will find out soon enough.

"Straily will start Thursday against the Cubs, Jane Lee of MLB.com reports."

Looks like his Cy Young season is back on track!

Just up for 1 start? Or he is likely to hang around if he pitches well?

I doubt he sticks, just been too bad this year.

He's been more unlucky than bad.

Other than his last two starts being off he was posting elite WHIPs along with very solid K/9s. Even after his last two starts being bad his WHIP and K% currently are far too good to support a 5.00 ERA.

Right now is the time to buy low on Straily in keeper leagues.

He should dominate The Cubs today. Straily will stick in the bigs because who else does Oakland have right now? Anderson is out for another month. Straily has too much talent. If he strings together a monster July he may just push Anderson into the pen.

Another unlucky stat (or I suppose just a tid bit of information to consider) for Straily 5 of his 12 starts (of his last 10) were against teams he had already pitched against at least once and in less than a 7 week period. That is far from ideal conditions for a rookie pitcher. Seeing Texas 3 times in a month and on the road @TEX the third time, not good for any pitcher.

Edited by FouLLine

He should dominate The Cubs today. Straily will stick in the bigs because who else does Oakland have right now? Anderson is out for another month. Straily has too much talent. If he strings together a monster July he may just push Anderson into the pen.

I think he's auditioning to keep his job today. Sonny Gray nearly got the call and is waiting in the wings.

• Like 1

Cy Young winners don't get "sent down."