PRoSPx

Daniel Straily 2013 Outlook

anyone crazy enough to start him against Texas?

no? just me? okay

He handled Texas well enough his last time up against them, though that was at home. I'm desperate enough for counting stats in my 1st round playoff match that I will partake in the craziness.

• Like 1

anyone crazy enough to start him against Texas?

no? just me? okay

He handled Texas well enough his last time up against them, though that was at home. I'm desperate enough for counting stats in my 1st round playoff match that I will partake in the craziness.

I'm in the same boat

Great opportunity for Dan to step on the accelerator and leave Texas in the rear view mirror.

Beating an LAA team tonight at home should be his main objective.

Umm, I believe Straily pitches Thursday vs the Twins, a must start in my opinion.

Edited by AroundTheHorn

This dude can't catch a fking break because his douchebag teamates keep making errors.

Edited by AroundTheHorn

This dude can't catch a fking break because his douchebag teamates keep making errors.

At east 0 ER, got out of bases loaded too with a sick slider.

lets take a closer look at Straily's last 10 starts:

7/20: @LAA..7ip, 8h, 2r, 2er, 0bb, 4k 97 pitches

7/25: LAA..4.1ip, 7h, 5r, 5er, 2bb, 5k 84 pitches... would you leave him in? didn't think so

7/30 Tor 4.2ip, 6h, 5r, 2er, 2bb, 2k 96 pitches, again, he was done

8/6 @Cinn 4ip, 6h, 2r, 2er, 1bb, 3k, 75 pitches this is the only game I agree he was pulled a tad early

8/12 @Tor 7.1ip, 6h, 1r, 1er, 3bb, 5k, 94 pitches

8/17 Cle 5.2ip, 6h, 3r,3er, 4bb, 7k 103 pitches

8/23 @Balt 3.1ip, 4h, 6r, 6er, 4bb, 2k 79 pitches. zero command, zero control, got lit up

8/28 @ Det 6ip, 8h, 1r, 1er, 2bb, 4k, 103 pitches, went as deep as he could

9/2 Tex 5ip, 3h, 2r, 2er, 3bb, 4k 91 pitches

todays game 7ip, 2h, 0r, 1bb, 7k 103 pitches

point is, Melvin is managing this kid, as well as his team, Straily is still only 24, why burn him out when his stuff isn't there? At times, Melvin actually has left him in a bit too long when he just didn't have it. I watch almost every A's game, whether it be on TV or in person, I do not box-score watch then try to evaluate like is done way too much here, not just for Straily, but for many players.

I hope Straily can remain healthy and continues to mature, overuse when it's not needed is counter productive, for any pitcher. I always read where posters are screaming for the pitcher to be removed time and time again when they're ineffective, but not for superman Straily, (sarcasm button pushes) But this Straily thread has been one of the most volitile threads on this forum all season, when he does great, silence, when he doesn't, all the haters show up..Take the good with the bad, micro manage your team and be thankful for the good starts, vent after the bad, but don't wish punishment for the whole team when you don't agree with a managers decisions. Armchair managing is the easiest job in the world, you're never wrong :rolleyes:

Peace out

First time Straily owner. He's at 88 pitches after 5. How long does Melvin usually let him last? Chances he makes it through the 6th?

From the previous page, might give you an idea. Seems like around 100